Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Installed mine today on my OBX. They installed very easy, 5 minutes. They clip in. I did find out that they are actually numbered on the back with very small font, as they are each a slightly different shape to fit into each of the openings precisely. The number order is 1 starting at top left, 2 top middle, 3 top right, 4 bottom left, 5 bottom middle, 6 bottom right.

Fit & finish is great, especially for the black gloss OBX grille as they match. I’m actually not 100% sold on them, as I liked the openings. Or maybe I’m just not used to them yet. Will definitely be harder to clean the bugs out. What would really seal the deal is if I can find a way to mount amber Raptor marker lights into these for the top 3 openings. I’m going to see how I feel about them for a few days.

Ford Bronco Mesh grill inserts installed on Big Bend EAC43119-18E6-4581-A0D5-AB42D9D6B4BC

Ford Bronco Mesh grill inserts installed on Big Bend 28FEFA34-8588-4871-8FD5-47A155B17A0C

Ford Bronco Mesh grill inserts installed on Big Bend 4222557A-FA79-49F0-8F8E-C7A388D2FEED

Ford Bronco Mesh grill inserts installed on Big Bend 51D5C46E-725F-4DDE-831E-7935AC19AED0

Ford Bronco Mesh grill inserts installed on Big Bend 693FCE55-9D4E-4CA5-95F2-454DDBDA5CC9
Sponsored

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Installed mine today on my OBX. They installed very easy, 5 minutes. They clip in. I did find out that they are actually numbered on the back with very small font, as they are each a slightly different shape to fit into each of the openings precisely. The number order is 1 starting at top left, 2 top middle, 3 top right, 4 bottom left, 5 bottom middle, 6 bottom right.

Fit & finish is great, especially for the black gloss OBX grille as they match. I’m actually not 100% sold on them, as I liked the openings. Or maybe I’m just not used to them yet. Will definitely be harder to clean the bugs out. What would really seal the deal is if I can find a way to mount amber Raptor marker lights into these for the top 3 openings. I’m going to see how I feel about them for a few days.

Ford Bronco Mesh grill inserts installed on Big Bend 693FCE55-9D4E-4CA5-95F2-454DDBDA5CC9

Dumb question, but do those shackles on your mod bumper clang and make noise when you drive?

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dumb question, but do those shackles on your mod bumper clang and make noise when you drive?
No they don't. They also have rubber caps at the bottom of the hook to prevent the clanking. And they don't hang loosely, meaning they are somewhat of a formed fit.

Reactions: Fly

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Installed on my OBX over the weekend.
(Excuse the dirt, it's been rainy... and it's a Bronco).
When I got to the last one, it didn't fit. Grabbed a tape measure and learned that there was about 3/8" difference in some of the inserts. Switched them around and got them to all fit.
Lesson learned...

Ford Bronco Mesh grill inserts installed on Big Bend grill inserts

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

when I had to change my original order from Antimatter blue when that color was discontinued, i just fell back to Shadow Black because I didn't really like any of the colors that were available at the time, but seeing your photos, that Velocity Blue is beautiful!!!

Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

when I had to change my original order from Antimatter blue when that color was discontinued, i just fell back to Shadow Black because I didn't really like any of the colors that were available at the time, but seeing your photos, that Velocity Blue is beautiful!!!
Thanks. Ya I love the color. Get compliments on it all the time. It really stands out.

cb123

Big Bend
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just added black inserts and black letters to BB grill

IMG_0036.jpeg

66-F100

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 F-100, Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

JHenley01

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just put these on mine today, I'm not a fan of the Big Bend grille but these make it look a lot better in my opinion. It's at least tolerable now until I can find a good deal on a Base or Black Diamond grille.

I didn't like that they came shiny so I sprayed them with Plasti Dip.

Ford Bronco Mesh grill inserts installed on Big Bend IMG_3856
Ford Bronco Mesh grill inserts installed on Big Bend IMG_3857
Ford Bronco Mesh grill inserts installed on Big Bend IMG_3860

Sponsored

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP - thanks for sharing was wondering what to do about the openings in my soon to be built OBX. Was going to do the mesh project, (that another member here did - which came out nice), but this solution looks much easier and they look pretty good. May Plasti-dip mine in matt finish though depending on how they look. Ordered on Amazon just now and there is a 2-week wait time for shipping, so they must be still available, just sold out at the moment. BTW, glad I ordered the VB, your photos are stunning!! Unfortunately, both mod bumper and SAS were constrained items I was not able to order (if I wanted my Bronco this year) so I'm chasing down parts now...stock OBX wheels have to go!

BeefBoris

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone installed amber lights in these mesh inserts? If so, send pics and a link!

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In the minority, but I actually prefer my obx grill and these inserts look great. Have them sitting on the workbench will install them tonight. Thanks for posting the pic as I was debating weather to install them or not...

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I saw a few different sellers on Amazon. As someone else noted they go in specific spots…no information came with mine but I found it on one of the other seller sites. Unlike Chinese the order is left to right starting in upper left.
1 2 3
4 5 6

pics added

IMG_7104.jpeg

IMG_7103.jpeg

IMG_7102.jpeg

IMG_7101.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: