Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the RCIs in Steel. Went with aluminum for the Engine, trans, t-case, and Fuel skids living in the rust belt. Went with Steel for the A-arms, Shocks, and Diff skids since they are more prone to striking rocks. Of all skids, I think A-arms and rear diff should be the last priority for purchasing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the RCIs in Steel. Went with aluminum for the Engine, trans, t-case, and Fuel skids living in the rust belt. Went with Steel for the A-arms, Shocks, and Diff skids since they are more prone to striking rocks. Of all skids, I think A-arms and rear diff should be the last priority for purchasing.
Out of that, on the BL Sas, what did you add versus replace? I haven't really done a dive into what I should replace versus just what isn't there from the factory.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Out of that, on the BL Sas, what did you add versus replace? I haven't really done a dive into what I should replace versus just what isn't there from the factory.
I replace all of the stock Sasquatch skids for the Aluminum skids due to weight reduction (to help offset other mods) and because I live in the Rust belt. Otherwise, I'd probably just upgrade the trans skid to cover the gap in the factory system.

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I replace all of the stock Sasquatch skids for the Aluminum skids due to weight reduction (to help offset other mods) and because I live in the Rust belt. Otherwise, I'd probably just upgrade the trans skid to cover the gap in the factory system.
Which trans skid did you go with?

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another vote for unnecessary. Adding weight, losing ground clearance and lightening your wallet to try to protect something that really doesn't need protecting. If you're concerned about the lower shock mount bolts, flip them.

I'm curious, has anyone ever suffered actual damage (not just scrapes and gouges) that would have been prevented by these things? I'd love to see some pics, if any exist.
Best replay yet. Going on two years for me of heavy rock crawling Moab twice, Rubicon 3 times and other trails in the Sierra. Such a waste of money. Been wheeling for 30+ years place your wheel to go over the boulders all good.
Sponsored