Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I currently have an order for a BD. I initially went with this because I thought the MGV interior would be nicer than cloth. The more I read on here and think about it, the more I worry about the seats getting really hot in the summer in Alabama. I will do very minimal off-roading, so I don’t know if it is worth it for the ability to clean. I would never see myself taking a hose to the interior of my $50k vehicle no matter what the interior was made of.

so the question is are there any other pros for the MGV that I am missing? If I decide to swap to something with cloth, what is the real difference between the cloth in a Base vs the cloth in an OBX?
Sponsored

Patotas

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in Phoenix and have a badlands with MGV that I picked up in late August. I love the MGV seats. The first week I had the truck I took the top and doors off and yeah the seats made my back sweat some and they got a little warm. But I just put the top and doors back on and it wasn't an issue anymore. Just park it in the shade and run the AC while your in it and you shouldn't have any issues.

As far as benefits over cloth, I really love these seats and they are extremely comfortable. They are also extremely easy to clean. If you spill something you can just get a damp cloth and wipe them down and don't have to worry about scrubbing or stains like you would with cloth seats.

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Badlands despite not wanting MGV nor black leather. I stuck with the Badlands because aftermarket upholstery isn't that expensive. Upgrading MGV to aftermarket leather in any color I want is cheaper than getting Ford's black leather.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I currently have an order for a BD. I initially went with this because I thought the MGV interior would be nicer than cloth. The more I read on here and think about it, the more I worry about the seats getting really hot in the summer in Alabama. I will do very minimal off-roading, so I don’t know if it is worth it for the ability to clean. I would never see myself taking a hose to the interior of my $50k vehicle no matter what the interior was made of.

so the question is are there any other pros for the MGV that I am missing? If I decide to swap to something with cloth, what is the real difference between the cloth in a Base vs the cloth in an OBX?
I live in northern Cali and we see weeks/month of 105+ and I didn't have a problem with the MGV. If you leave it in direct sun with the top off it will be hotter than cloth, no two ways about that. Once its over 100 everything is hot and miserable. I lOVE the non-carpet floors though, first time you sweep and rinse them out you won't want to go back.

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I LOVE the vinyl floors and the ease of clean up with the MGV seats. Really, what I love is not EVER worrying about anything getting dirty because I know I can clean it easily without staining.
Sponsored