Cheese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Curious if anyone has heard what people are selling the OEM hard top for? I have chance to buy a Badlands from a dealer but it has a hard top, I live in SoCal and I really want a soft top and would look to sell the hard top.

Appreciate any guidance on what people have seen them resell for?
I'd be willing to trade you but I'd only give you like $1k because I assume I'd have to drive to you from OK to swap! Regardless, just buy that bronco, you wont regret it! And I'm sure there is some sap in SoCal that would give you way too much money for that top :cool:

Deleted member 32220

3500.00 is fair market value, but there is nothing fair about any bronco pricing. Reality says you can get 5-6k for it.

Sponsored

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Playing Cupid but the logistics are up to you. This guy appears to be offering to trade his soft top and pay $5k: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/wtt-factory-soft-top-5k-for-mic-top.40455/
I think a lot of people are misjudging the demand for the OEM hard top. If this post doesn't show you how much people are willing to go for one, I don't know what will. People seem to value the OEM MUCH more than the aftermarket option. What's funny is that with a factory soft top+$5K cash on top he still has no takers.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here in Florida, I've seen a few of the transactions. There was one outlier where my friend was able to do a direct swap with no extra cash. But he knows it was a terrific deal for him. The girl really wanted an OEM soft top so she didn't value the HT. That case aside, the swap deals have been about $3-5K in cash (plus the swapping of OEM soft top/MIC HT.

People will attempt to negotiate based on the aftermarket options, but none of them carry the factory warranty. Now, obviously if you are selling the MIC top at the upper end of the spectrum, then it is presumed it is flawless with all panels matching with no rough edges.

Good luck in negotiating a deal that works for both parties.

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think a lot of people are misjudging the demand for the OEM hard top. If this post doesn't show you how much people are willing to go for one, I don't know what will. People seem to value the OEM MUCH more than the aftermarket option. What's funny is that with a factory soft top+$5K cash on top he still has no takers.
that would indicate people are UNDER-estimating

Sponsored
OP
OP
1BDBRONC

1BDBRONC

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y, Badlands Sas, Lux, 2.7 on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious if anyone has heard what people are selling the OEM hard top for? I have chance to buy a Badlands from a dealer but it has a hard top, I live in SoCal and I really want a soft top and would look to sell the hard top.

Appreciate any guidance on what people have seen them resell for?
***UPDATE***

Slippery and slimy dealers

Update Dealer website said $10k over MSRP, for a very similar Build to ours

When I connected with Sales Associate he said the vehicle arrived Wednesday and they put in on the sales floor with a $14,995 mark-up over MSRP 😳😂😩

I told him we would do $10k (knowing we will get some $$ back from the hard top)

Sales associate said he talked to the manager and not only will it not be $10k over the MSRP as shown on the website the are now going to mark it up $25k

I respond with a ‘lol wow thank you for your time’

Greedy greedy greedy, not honoring their website pricing, be careful with Frontier Ford in Santa Clara, CA
Sponsored