First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade, Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have seen a lot of discussion on the cabin noise and experienced some hardtop noise myself. I installed some eggcrate foam and noticed a significant improvement. Mostly tire/wind noise through floor and side panels/doors and engine noise now. Foam is mostly one piece between the j-tops and hard top with a seam in the cargo area and that piece is stuck to the top with Velcro. Foam was just cut with scissors around brackets/latches.
Ford Bronco MIC Hardtop Soundproofing Insulation IMG_2672
Ford Bronco MIC Hardtop Soundproofing Insulation IMG_2673
Ford Bronco MIC Hardtop Soundproofing Insulation IMG_2674
Sponsored

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks good! I've been thinking about doing something similar so I'm glad to hear it's effective and works well.

OP
OP

GRONKO

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade, Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty much eliminates any noise from the top and probably insulates a bit. Smooth foam would probably work just as well and look better. It did change acoustics inside some with fewer echoes/reflections. My hard top does not have the liner so not sure if that matters.

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have seen a lot of discussion on the cabin noise and experienced some hardtop noise myself. I installed some eggcrate foam and noticed a significant improvement. Mostly tire/wind noise through floor and side panels/doors and engine noise now. Foam is mostly one piece between the j-tops and hard top with a seam in the cargo area and that piece is stuck to the top with Velcro. Foam was just cut with scissors around brackets/latches.
Thats funny... It looks like my Son's bedroom who wanted the same thing to soundproof his room for his gaming sound system

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Reminds me of the anechoic chambers in some of the buildings at work. Pretty neat.

Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Pretty much eliminates any noise from the top and probably insulates a bit. Smooth foam would probably work just as well and look better. It did change acoustics inside some with fewer echoes/reflections. My hard top does not have the liner so not sure if that matters.
Just be aware that open cell foam will have a tendency to absorb moisture/humidity as well as dust. Great idea, might steal it (y)

OP
OP

GRONKO

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade, Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My original plan was to always have the j-tops on and cut the foam to correspond to the 3 ‘rows’ of roof panels. That changed when I picked up a soft top and decided on an all or nothing option. This plan should mitigate the moisture and dust issues, dependent on how bad my top leaks😀
Sponsored