Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Do you think the JCR basket would work/fit w/jbl soundbar installed?
Not sure why you would want to bother with the basket if you're going to impact the space available by having a big ass tube speaker there.

Note: I only say this as a person with a 2-door Bronco and the JCR cargo tray which nearly doubles your usable space in the cargo area.

Uhhhhh, just pretend these are all Jeeps. While at it, pretend this is the parking lot of Mall of America, not White Rim Trail in Canyonlands NP. @Tricky Dick Didn't invite me due to a sleepwalking habit, and sleeping in the buff.
Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 Screenshot_20230409_192714_Gallery

Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 20230212_105054

Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 20230212_104857

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure why you would want to bother with the basket if you're going to impact the space available by having a big ass tube speaker there.

Note: I only say this as a person with a 2-door Bronco and the JCR cargo tray which nearly doubles your usable space in the cargo area.

Uhhhhh, just pretend these are all Jeeps. While at it, pretend this is the parking lot of Mall of America, not White Rim Trail in Canyonlands NP. @Tricky Dick Didn't invite me due to a sleepwalking habit, and sleeping in the buff.

@Rick Astley I have 2x 2dr Broncos now, so I'm thinking the tray might be nice for 1. I'm sure TD would be happy to have you along...so long as your trans is quiet!

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

looks to me like there's plenty of room for the JBL tube in there too.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a friendly reminder: @TheKim has set up a Discord for communication: https://discord.gg/5EusfX65qT

I am sure some of you have been using Discord for years but for those of you who haven't, it's free, simple to use, makes communication way easier, and you can register in seconds. There is a mobile app and also desktop app - I highly recommend getting in here! You can mute notifications too if it winds up getting annoying.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a friendly reminder: @TheKim has set up a Discord for communication: https://discord.gg/5EusfX65qT

I am sure some of you have been using Discord for years but for those of you who haven't, it's free, simple to use, makes communication way easier, and you can register in seconds. There is a mobile app and also desktop app - I highly recommend getting in here! You can mute notifications too if it winds up getting annoying.
And I'm going to be real with you, I've got it muted until the week leading up to the Safari, but I still pop in daily 😏

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Worked out great!
Slides right off of rocks.
Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 1681182402082

Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 1681182402082
Hey @broadicustomworks any chance you could tell me what width and length to cut my UHMW strips to? I think I'll go ahead and cut strips and fillet the corners so I can attach them somewhere between Iowa and Utah. Anybody bringing a drill? To save time, I might just cut some shallow slits in them ahead of time and attach with bailing wire for this trip due to limited tools since I'm flying to Granger. If they fit tightly I think that might work?

Also, anybody have OEM rock sliders and/or "engine" skid plate they could bring to sell? I think I read 4-door sliders work on 2-door if cut down. I have permanent solutions for these but they don't work into the logistics of this trip.

Bentpushrod

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ram 2500, '18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey @broadicustomworks any chance you could tell me what width and length to cut my UHMW strips to? I think I'll go ahead and cut strips and fillet the corners so I can attach them somewhere between Iowa and Utah. Anybody bringing a drill? To save time, I might just cut some shallow slits in them ahead of time and attach with bailing wire for this trip due to limited tools since I'm flying to Granger. If they fit tightly I think that might work?

Also, anybody have OEM rock sliders and/or "engine" skid plate they could bring to sell? I think I read 4-door sliders work on 2-door if cut down. I have permanent solutions for these but they don't work into the logistics of this trip.
I may have a set of 2 dr factory sliders to sell. I have a set of RCI sliders ordered, hopefully they get here before I leave for Moab. If they do, I can maybe bring them with.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure!
1/2" thick UHMW. 1.75” wide, 17.5” long.
Good luck!
Have fun and post pics!

*edit- beveled edges is a great idea. That's how I did mine to keep any right angles to catch-n-grab out of the equation. Quick and dirty with an angle grinder and flap disc did the trick.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.