Bentpushrod

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ram 2500, '18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
What's funny is it's almost the same distance from me.

I think you just show up.
I went in July. Very similar distance for me. 1062 miles, on the way home I drove it in one shot, 17 hours. Really hoping I can get the time to go back for this event in May.
Sponsored

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm.....I'll consider going to this. Was thinking about a Moab trip next year anyway. We were in Moab two years ago in May and saw a ton of Broncos there. I'd bring the RV and stay in an RV park. If any of you wanted to run with 6G folks one day or days I'd be happy to lead a few trails. Been to Moab many times and have led plenty of trails. I'll work on this.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm.....I'll consider going to this. Was thinking about a Moab trip next year anyway. We were in Moab two years ago in May and saw a ton of Broncos there. I'd bring the RV and stay in an RV park. If any of you wanted to run with 6G folks one day or days I'd be happy to lead a few trails. Been to Moab many times and have led plenty of trails. I'll work on this.
That would be awesome if you could make it, always good to have someone familiar with the trails to lead the way. IDK what all is planned for the Safari, but I'm not sure I can take a whole week of organized activities so I'm game for other stuff too.

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would be awesome if you could make it, always good to have someone familiar with the trails to lead the way. IDK what all is planned for the Safari, but I'm not sure I can take a whole week of organized activities so I'm game for other stuff too.
Yeah, same here. Been there, done that, a few days of event organized runs is too much for me. Rather be casual and independent most days. We'd have to do Moab Rim one day, or part of a day, which is my favorite trail. That trail requires two lockers, but it's 5 min out of town and very fun and scenic.

Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 20131011_115959

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, same here. Been there, done that, a few days of event organized runs is too much for me. Rather be casual and independent most days. We'd have to do Moab Rim one day, or part of a day, which is my favorite trail. That trail requires two lockers, but it's 5 min out of town and very fun and scenic.

20131011_115959.jpg
I was hoping you would say Moab Rim :cool:

Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sign me up!

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Awesome! Heard that trail is challenging. Would be hesitant to try it without someone experienced, but would totally be glad to if we have somebody to show us the ropes!

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This plan sounds great to me, just line up my co-pilot for the trip next step room reservations.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like we’ll probably need to take this class. Ran across this new thing today on an overlander’s insta.

Maybe not since this is sanctioned event, but may not hurt to do it anyways.

I'm wondering if this is required for Broncos & Wranglers, which are often termed "4x4s." If you look at the four categories, the closest that seems applicable to us is "Type III OHV," and the icon suggests a monster truck. These are complicated issues, as definitions of different vehicles we use for "wheeling" vary from state to state to federal lands, and what's required and permissible of them. Whew!

I don't know what a licensed road vehicle needs for off-road permission in Utah. But my first guess is that this course is not required for us.

However, the current political trends indicate that eco-zealots are seeking ever-increasing restrictions and limiting access to unpaved roads and trails. It's important that every off-roader:

1) educate himself to what and where he is allowed, and
2) once going there, treat the terrain with respect, observe relevant laws and posted signage, doesn't scar the landscape, and packs out his trash.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm wondering if this is required for Broncos & Wranglers, which are often termed "4x4s." If you look at the four categories, the closest that seems applicable to us is "Type III OHV," and the icon suggests a monster truck. These are complicated issues, as definitions of different vehicles we use for "wheeling" vary from state to state to federal lands, and what's required and permissible of them. Whew!

I don't know what a licensed road vehicle needs for off-road permission in Utah. But my first guess is that this course is not required for us.

However, the current political trends indicate that eco-zealots are seeking ever-increasing restrictions and limiting access to unpaved roads and trails. It's important that every off-roader:

1) educate himself to what and where he is allowed, and
2) once going there, treat the terrain with respect, observe relevant laws and posted signage, doesn't scar the landscape, and packs out his trash.
I think the catch all for us is the bold print of All Street Legal Off-Highway Vehicles. ;)

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to pick up a copy of this book, it's supposedly really good for Moab first timers. I'm not sure how much it's changed over the years but there are 4 editions so grab the newest.

https://www.amazon.com/Guide-Moab-Backroads-4-Wheel-Drive-Trails/dp/1934838292/

The book is great. I'm there every year during the first Part of May. This year I'll go the week after Bronco safari due to work schedules. If I can help anyone the following week let me know. Sorry I'll miss you all. Prepare for any weather. It can be hot or chilly and wet.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted to get a master thread of sorts going for this for those that need to plan out vacations and such. It's scheduled for May 2-6. Hopefully we can have a strong 6G showing.

https://www.broncosafari.com/

Tricky Dick Confirmed
Felix808 Confirmed
Bmadda Confirmed
NORCALGXP Confirmed
Snacktime Interested
F150rubyred Interested
66GT Confirmed
This looks like a definite possibility!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.