Sponsored

Moab campground suggestion? Finding trail guides?

jakej

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Devils Garden campground in Arches NP is awesome. I believe they have some spots that allow 35ft RVs. You need to book/compete for a site 6 months out.

Here is a pic from our spot while attending Off Roadeo Sept. '22

Ford Bronco Moab campground suggestion? Finding trail guides? 1697862340049
Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh yeah, one more thing - you need a permit to go on the White Rim Trail, but it's free at the visitor center that is very close to the east entrance to the WRT.
It is difficult to do the full loop of the White Rim Trail in a single day if you expect to stop and enjoy the views. You can expect an average speed of ~ 10-15 mph. Overnight permits are difficult to get a hold of, particularly if you expect to stay in one of the more desirable camps that are midway in the loop. Plan accordingly, and for the love of god, don't attempt the White Rim if it has rained recently or there is rain in the forecast, unless you have MT tires and have driven in Utah mud before.

When I go to Moab I always boondock on BLM land. Tons of that out there. May here use On-X and the Ford trail app, but my favorite mapping app is CalTopo
https://caltopo.com/

Mishra42

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get ahold of Tyler at Bronco Off-roadeo in Moab, he works as a trail guide on the side, nice guy, seems really knowledgeable about the local area.
Tyler was awesome and definitely knowledgable about the area.

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was just out there. There's plenty of Campgrounds on 128. As for tours we went with Outlaw Adventures. The guide was ahead of us in their Bronco and took us on Finns and Things and Hell's Revenge, we did it the day after the Off-Roadeo and it was fantastic, it'll show you just how much more the Bronco can do than what the Off-Roadeo has you do (though it's also well worth doing)
How long of a tour was needed to do Fins and Hell's revenge?

Mishra42

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How long of a tour was needed to do Fins and Hell's revenge?
We did the full day tour. We only did Lower Finns for about an hour and spent the rest of the day on Hell's. You can probably do one or the other with the half day. Our Guide also took us on the new exit from Hell's that just opened last year and isn't in the guidebooks yet so it was pretty awesome.

Sponsored

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We did the full day tour. We only did Lower Finns for about an hour and spent the rest of the day on Hell's. You can probably do one or the other with the half day. Our Guide also took us on the new exit from Hell's that just opened last year and isn't in the guidebooks yet so it was pretty awesome.
What is your opinion of Finn's vs Hell's? Never been on slick rock before.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you can do without hookups, Willow Springs has virtually unlimited spots to camp.
If you're on FB, join Moab Friends for Wheelin' if you want to find people to go with.

Never been on slick rock before.
The name is a bit misleading because it is certainly not slick. Super sticky, you'll crawl right up things you never would believe.

Mishra42

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is your opinion of Finn's vs Hell's? Never been on slick rock before.
Finns was fun, I see what they mean when it's called a rollercoaster, but Hell's had much more variety of obstacles and nothing felt unsafe with a good guide, especially since he had a Bronco as well and so I knew we could do it. Finns is by no means bad and was a lot of fun, but if I had to pick one I'd do Hell's Revenge. There's a reason it's always at the top of lists. I think we only needed the front lockers once and even that could have been bypassed. Rear lockers and a willingness for a little bit of rubbing and you can handle it.
Here's a picture where you can see the undercarriage after our day on the trail.
Ford Bronco Moab campground suggestion? Finding trail guides? 20230909_160137

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as campgrounds, we usually bring our 31' RV to this one as its location is great for access to food, shops and more. There's a pool for the kids, an onsite gas/convenience store, a brewery and a McDonalds across the street, and its walking distance in to town.

If you're looking for more remote camping, this area at Willow Springs is great, but there can be a lot of other campers there at times even though it's pretty dispersed - https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZaXbzpYPj9EfzBfz8. This is a great area because you can also take the Bronco on the easy Willow Springs trail to see the Dinosaur tracks and enter into Arches National Park through the "backdoor". No matter where you stay, I'd plan on taking this trail to see the scenery.

I have yet to stay at one of the campgrounds on the river, but have always meant to. It's far out of town, but absolutely amazing views.

Onion Creek trail is a super easy but a scenic trail that can be fun for the kids due to all the water crossings.
Sponsored