Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got done installing a set of Diode Dynamics SS3's fog lights in my modular bumper. I used the wiring harness that you can get from 4x4truckleds.com. Went smoothly. I had previously installed the dual fog light switch. But the lights are not coming on no matter what I do. I have double checked the connections on the light housing and the at the main harness in the bumper.

After installing I went into Forscan and changed the following:

BdyCM Plain English:
Front fog lamps - changed to "enabled"
Fog lamp switch - changed to "enabled"
Using front fog with high beam - changed to "allowed"

IPC Plain English:
Front fog lamps - changed to "enabled"

BdyCM As-Built:
726-42-01- xxxx 0101 xxxx

Am I missing something? This isn't my first time using Forscan and have used it on multiple vehicles. I also cleared all the DTC's I had without issue. The only thing I haven't done is connect the backlight on the lights. Don't have time to wire them up yet, but wouldn't think that would be a factor.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm watching, I'm about to undertake the same thing. There are so many pages on this topic but so hard reading through 50-60 pages!

OP
OP
spartacus1882

spartacus1882

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know what you mean. I'm hoping someone will give some insight. Not sure what else to do.

Light on the dash comes on when I press the front fog button. Just no light output.

Boosted2.3L

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know what you mean. I'm hoping someone will give some insight. Not sure what else to do.

Light on the dash comes on when I press the front fog button. Just no light output.
Did you ever resolve it? I see there are about 15 lines in the forscan sheets document, must you do every single step to get the fog lamps to come on?

sportcoupe

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have you disconnected the fog light and checked for 12v at the Bronco wiring with dash fog switch on?

Have you bench checked the fog lights to make sure they work?

Sponsored

sportcoupe

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you get this working or are the Forscan changes incomplete?

OP
OP
spartacus1882

spartacus1882

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you get this working or are the Forscan changes incomplete?
No, I still haven't got them working. Checked Forscan numerous times. and double checked plug connections. But have not bench tested them yet. On the road a lot for work hopefully soon and maybe when its not over 100 degrees every day.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No, I still haven't got them working. Checked Forscan numerous times. and double checked plug connections. But have not bench tested them yet. On the road a lot for work hopefully soon and maybe when its not over 100 degrees every day.
I try not to get involved with Forscan support, because I'm a business and we don't want customers messing something up and blaming us.

BUT... have you verified you are following instructions for the correct YEAR. Have you also UPDATED Forscan to the latest?

I did this for someone, followed the instructions, NADA. Took me half an hour (for a 5 minute job) and eventually realized we had to update Forscan to the latest for his truck. It picked up his truck but not the very latest since he had a newer truck then my truck and the data wasn't 100% updated.

You always need to make sure you have the latest forscan and there are a few places it has to happen in forscan.

That's my experience. I can't offer much more support then that snice I honestly just don't know off the top of my head what to change nor is it "written in stone" (although it KIND OF Is with the chart right?). I've always had to do it a few times forgetting SOMETHING.

OP
OP
spartacus1882

spartacus1882

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I try not to get involved with Forscan support, because I'm a business and we don't want customers messing something up and blaming us.

BUT... have you verified you are following instructions for the correct YEAR. Have you also UPDATED Forscan to the latest?

I did this for someone, followed the instructions, NADA. Took me half an hour (for a 5 minute job) and eventually realized we had to update Forscan to the latest for his truck. It picked up his truck but not the very latest since he had a newer truck then my truck and the data wasn't 100% updated.

You always need to make sure you have the latest forscan and there are a few places it has to happen in forscan.

That's my experience. I can't offer much more support then that snice I honestly just don't know off the top of my head what to change nor is it "written in stone" (although it KIND OF Is with the chart right?). I've always had to do it a few times forgetting SOMETHING.
I have used the most up to date version of Forscan. I've done the 4 or 5 changes that need to be done in Forscan. Have a 22 and don't see where it's different from a 21.
Sponsored