Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think we have a pink/gray/blue/white shoe issue here. I see a bronze hood, not a black hood. What color was the dress?
Sponsored

BSinPDX

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That custom build is what convinced me to go rapid red.

87Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brenda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Expedition EL Limited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello all, me and my Dad went to the Houston Auto show this evening and I snapped a few photos of the broncos. One was a tricked out outer banks model and the other was a normal Badlands (nothing special about it weā€™ve seen millions of photos of them) This is my first big post so please bear with me.

My takeaways:

The inside is spacious enough, Iā€™m lanky 6ā€™1 and I felt just fine in the interior of the 4dr badlands

FOR MY BASE PEOPLE (me included, 2dr base 2.3 manual), the bronco rep told me that you can fit 33ā€™s on the base with a leveling kit. But the really interesting thing he said was that 2 dr hard tops are not affected by the delays (he said as long as I didnā€™t have the towing package and I said no and he let out a sigh of relief) because they become standard with the model. He said that ā€œsince it wasnā€™t an add on I should have no problemā€ He also said that because my order was so basic it would get built faster.

Now do I think he is 100% accurate? I donā€™t know. But I found it interesting.

ALSO:
I am really considering changing my color from carbonized grey to AMB. Hereā€™s why, the ford rep asked me what my color was and I told him the grey. He then said ā€œhave you seen the AMB?ā€ and I told him I was interested in it and he then told me to go over and shine my light on it. And omg it lit up like the cosmos. I really might change to AMB just because of that.

ALSO:
I while I was looking at a baby bronco one of the ford dealership reps started to talk to me. She said she ordered a badlands and she asked me what I got and I said a base with a 2.3 and she said that ā€œthe 4 cylinders are being built in septemberā€ Now do I trust these peoples ā€œfactsā€ I donā€™t know, but I feel like Itā€™s right to inform yā€™all on what I heard.

All in all it was fun seeing some Broncos for the first time and I can not wait for mine to get here.

2021 Bronco Build Outer Banks Houston Auto Show 4.jpeg
2021 Bronco Build Outer Banks Houston Auto Show 3.jpeg
2021 Bronco Build Outer Banks Houston Auto Show 2.jpeg
2021 Bronco Build Outer Banks Houston Auto Show 1.jpeg

c0c6443c-892e-4d85-9f0a-b7a670ebe855-jpeg.jpg

5bb3be89-42af-47ce-b7d5-9f561568e226-jpeg.jpg

9D21754E-46A6-46E8-912F-331AAF1981B2.jpeg

14898C0D-7796-4FDF-B380-2AC1F01A0FD7.jpeg

9266265D-3C9E-4ACC-91F8-AC93B6CE64BA.jpeg

C8C1C9B7-7CCB-45EB-8FF3-B983417941F6.jpeg

2FA6149E-DFD9-4525-94A7-8AD909E87173.jpeg

3AF2A299-451A-4CD1-968B-BD55E67D038A.jpeg
Thanks for sharing! AMB is my color choice šŸ˜Š OBX/4dr/2.7/MIC/Lux/Towing

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dang, I had no idea this was happening this year. Wish I had planned a visit, dying to see (any) Bronco in person, but I don't think I'll have enough time to venture in from Tomball this weekend.

Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I finally got to sit in one at the auto show! I was smiling ear to ear. It's the best size for me and my family. Most everyone's thoughts on its size and feel I agree with.

A slightly more roomy Wrangler. I am so happy.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Anyone know if the Broncos will still be there Sunday?

Cdrdan71

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the pics! Iā€™m going Saturday afternoon. I like the matte black hood on the Ford Performance build! That light bar also looks pretty great. I leaning towards CO, and think the black hood would look good with that as well...but I want a white top, and probably a white grille/wheels, which would clash too much.
Do we have any idea if white top will be a modular painted top or MIC white top?
I hope it is a MIC white top. Thatā€™s what I want on mine. I pushed my order to 22ā€“and hopefully some shade green.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I attended today with my girlfriend and her kids/my kids. My 12yo daughter had to admit that the Bronco was cooler in person, vs all the pics Iā€™d shown her. My girlfriend had previously said she needed cup holders/leather, but we all preferred the feel of the MGV over the leather. Also, my gf said ā€œthose arenā€™t real cup holders in the backā€. She was of the opinion that the backseat cup holders were too shallow to securely hold a drink. I had previously thought the yellow stitching and accents would be obnoxious with a red paint, but it wasnā€™t nearly. I was sold on the upgrade Badlands wheels. I thought they looked great in person, and the Bronco rep confirmed that we could also swap out the beauty ring on those...not just on the Sas wheels...hopefully thatā€™s true.
None of us liked the roast and black leather on the Ford Performance OBX inside. I would have been ok with it, but my gf and daughter hated it. Iā€™d say that color brown, with a different design that had much less black could work better.
Seeing both reds helped a lot...rapid red was pretty but we all felt that race red was a lot more fun. Iā€™m currently torn between Cyber Orange and Race red.
It was especially nice being able to immediately walk over and compare to a Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator. IMO, the Bronco seemed much more substantial, with more room and more presence.
I did notice that the wrangler (if I remember correctly) had actual cup holders and air vents in the back of the center console. It is kinda dumb that Ford didnā€™t go with this basic design...hopefully they fix that in a year or two.
Edit: we also agreed that the 33ā€™s were perfect height. It looks substantial and proportional. I had wondered about steps, but everyone (even the 4yo) got in and out just fine. Iā€™m 5ā€™8ā€ and gf is 5ā€™6ā€.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jwhitecarolina

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently: Mercedes Benz G550.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For sure, but why show it that way? Customize the rest and then leave that POS?
You do make a great point. Attention to all of the details is important.
Sponsored