Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in the same delimma. Here are some factors I am considering:

If you want fogs, the standard capable bumper comes with the lamps and the switch installed.

If you go with the modular, you can add the Ford switch for less than $100 and add your own fog lamps. I am personally not a fan of the available positions for fog lights on the modular. But, if I can eventually find a good 3" to 3.5" fog lamp that can fit inside the cutouts (not behind them), I will be happy.

Since the capable is standard, I'm wondering if the modular would be easier to sell if "trading up" for a different bumper is the eventual plan.

EDIT: shoot. My comparison is for a Badlands. I am not aware of your base bumper options. Perhaps the fog discussion could help in other ways though.
I’d like to know more about adding the Ford switch on my Badlands to get proper fog capability. I’ll be adding a set of amber fogs that I use all the time, I have the Diode Dynamics Pro on my Tacoma and they are awesome in the wet/foggy climate I live in.
Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d like to know more about adding the Ford switch on my Badlands to get proper fog capability. I’ll be adding a set of amber fogs that I use all the time, I have the Diode Dynamics Pro on my Tacoma and they are awesome in the wet/foggy climate I live in.
There are two factory fog switches available that replace the headlight switch: one front fogs only, the other has front & rear fog switches. Many people found that the harness already exists in their trim level (can't recall which ones). Lots of reading in this thread:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/factory-fog-light-switch.22937/

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am not impressed with the MOD bumper at all. I wanted it thinking it would be cheaper to add on the winch. Unfortunately $3k for the winch and plate for the MOD is crazy. $4k for the total package from Ford, that doesn't even look that great, is crazy. I would go with out it, get a bumper you like and a winch you like and probably be money ahead.

chop181

Wildtrak
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am not impressed with the MOD bumper at all. I wanted it thinking it would be cheaper to add on the winch. Unfortunately $3k for the winch and plate for the MOD is crazy. $4k for the total package from Ford, that doesn't even look that great, is crazy. I would go with out it, get a bumper you like and a winch you like and probably be money ahead.
You interested in selling that set up?

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You interested in selling that set up?
Not yet, I am hoping someone in the secondary market is going to come up with a better attachment than Ford has. Thanks for asking.