Sponsored

HD Modular Front Bumper Fog Lights - Brush Guard?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe it’s partially the winch? I definitely want one, but I will likely buy the most compact, lightest available at a reasonable price. Assuming 5k lbs, you go a minimum of 1.5x weight, that’s 8k lb winch. I think there are some Pretty compact options at 8k lbs. Most likely it will be used a couple of times a year to either move a tree off a trail or pull someone out of a ditch in a snowstorm type thing. The rare occasion I wheel hard enough to get stuck, it’s still better then walking home. I have done that a few times and it does not sit well with my better half. That would be the last time my wife went for a trail ride and that would mean less rides for me and the dogs ?
Sponsored

dmac17

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My big question, in addition to having curiosity about the fog light, has to do with the trail cam system, radar and adaptive cruise functionality still fully working with the winch installed. I have to say I’m not loving the facroty winch kit - it’s just kind of a big box hanging off the front. Doesn’t look attractive or integrated. But if it keeps all the other systems fully functional, I could live with it.

65AA0FFC-C92E-488E-A2C4-5A24D27D6FCA.jpeg
D967EDAC-BF86-4AF8-ACAC-1C5DC94FAEC0.jpeg
A36522AC-F0D1-458E-8EE1-74B229882588.jpeg
I believe the radar/adaptive cruise functions off of the area pictured in front of the rearview mirror? the front camera is a different story but I know in the higher trim explorer models it functions through the windshield rather than the bumper

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I believe the radar/adaptive cruise functions off of the area pictured in front of the rearview mirror? the front camera is a different story but I know in the higher trim explorer models it functions through the windshield rather than the bumper
The stuff above the rearview mirror is for the lane keeping assist (has a camera that reads the lines). The stuff in the bumper is for the auto cruise control.

Moze

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe it’s partially the winch? I definitely want one, but I will likely buy the most compact, lightest available at a reasonable price. Assuming 5k lbs, you go a minimum of 1.5x weight, that’s 8k lb winch. I think there are some Pretty compact options at 8k lbs. Most likely it will be used a couple of times a year to either move a tree off a trail or pull someone out of a ditch in a snowstorm type thing. The rare occasion I wheel hard enough to get stuck, it’s still better then walking home. I have done that a few times and it does not sit well with my better half. That would be the last time my wife went for a trail ride and that would mean less rides for me and the dogs ?
The winch is actually ideal. The Warn Zeon 10 with synthetic line is perfect. Fast, super reliable, good weight, just the right load capacity, symmetrical. It's a great winch. And I don't know that it's going to mess up approach angles too much - it's close to the grill and as high as you can probably put it.

It just looks... unfinished. Just stuck on there. But I think they are doing that so that it *doesn't* cover up the existing sensors (trying to squeeze it in between them, instead of relocating them).

Pic below: My stock bumper with removeable end caps, fog lights, and Warn Zeon 10 winch nestled into it. Sticks out the same amount, but doesn't look tacked on. But it also doesn't have any sensors or a front facing camera etc.

Ford Bronco HD Modular Front Bumper Fog Lights - Brush Guard? A4AA968C-D1AF-4A68-A1C7-730F5C6F37F3

Last edited:

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My big question, in addition to having curiosity about the fog light, has to do with the trail cam system, radar and adaptive cruise functionality still fully working with the winch installed. I have to say I’m not loving the facroty winch kit - it’s just kind of a big box hanging off the front. Doesn’t look attractive or integrated. But if it keeps all the other systems fully functional, I could live with it.

Ford Bronco HD Modular Front Bumper Fog Lights - Brush Guard? A4AA968C-D1AF-4A68-A1C7-730F5C6F37F3
How will that work with the adaptive cruise control? The ACC usually sits in the bumper holes (shown in other photos as well)

Sponsored

Moze

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How will that work with the adaptive cruise control? The ACC usually sits in the bumper holes (shown in other photos as well)
That is exactly my question: will it work? how?

MentalBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Toyota Tundra, Yamaha WR250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't seen anything about a 2" receiver hitch mount for the front.
Possible?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The winch is actually ideal. The Warn Zeon 10 with synthetic line is perfect. Fast, super reliable, good weight, just the right load capacity, symmetrical. It's a great winch. And I don't know that it's going to mess up approach angles too much - it's close to the grill and as high as you can probably put it.

It just looks... unfinished. Just stuck on there. But I think they are doing that so that it *doesn't* cover up the existing sensors (trying to squeeze it in between them, instead of relocating them).

Pic below: My stock bumper with removeable end caps, fog lights, and Warn Zeon 10 winch nestled into it. Sticks out the same amount, but doesn't look tacked on. But it also doesn't have any sensors or a front facing camera etc.

Looks great on your Jeep!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is their an assumption that everything has to work with everything? Meaning Adaptive Cruise doesn't come until Lux. All Ford has to do is not allow Modular front bumper when Lux is selected and problem is "solved"

I personally wanted to Modular, but only if I can mount my winch to it and it isn't an arm-and-leg because you have to get the Bumper + the Winch Plate.

Come to think of it, I'm contemplating the move from OB to WT and the Modular Bumper is the only package missing from my WT.. maybe it is a sign!

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I haven't seen anything about a 2" receiver hitch mount for the front.
Possible?
Yes, here are the front two frame openings, outlined in red and the close-up shows bolt mounting flanges around that. I'm assuming Ford uses those to mount the front bumper, if correct, I'm sure there will be Aftermarket Front Bumpers with a 2" receiver hitch mount. Also, since Bronco can be flat towed, a good Aftermarket Front Bumper with tow bar may find a home there.

Ford Bronco HD Modular Front Bumper Fog Lights - Brush Guard? 2021 Ford Broncon Engine chassis - Copy

Ford Bronco HD Modular Front Bumper Fog Lights - Brush Guard? 1597429190023

Last edited:

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco HD Modular Front Bumper Fog Lights - Brush Guard? 1597429190023

Yeah, the Rubicon stock metal bumper accepts a winch really nicely. Really clean look. Was hoping the Bronco would have something more like this. I haven't decided if I'm going OB, BL or WT trim yet, but if my trim doesn't come with the metal bumper I won't be adding it as an option. I'll just go aftermarket.

Moze

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1597433658206.png

For the people that want to have a winch and be able to remove it. Could also mount in the back.
Haven't done it. Always wanted to.
The only problem is that you usually need your winch up front. You are going up hill and need to anchor (like a climber going up a mountain). Rear winch is good for helping someone else up if you are already at the *top* of the hill. Or for pulling people out of ditches. Or for pulling stumps. :sneaky:

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem about mounting a winch in front of the bumper is that your winch becomes the bumper.

IDGAF if it buggers some factory systems, my winch will be integrated and protected, or it will live in the cargo area on a 2" receiver mount.
Sponsored