Sponsored

Molle tool box and mount recommendation?

rllw

Badlands
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a small hard case tool box that can mount on an internal cargo molle mount for my 2021 bronco? I have the Builtright molle cargo mounts, and want to put a small tool box for pliers, screwdriver, etc.

1. I've seen the Milwaukee packout, but, the mounts I've found are $$$$.
2. Would like a hardshell case 12x12x5inches, which can be mounted against the side (dimensions approximate, flexible on exact size).
3. Want it 5" or so it doesnt still out far into the cargo area.

Thanks!
Sponsored

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Interested in something like this too.

I like the price point of the Apache hard cases from harbor freight. I know, people gonna slam me for that, but if it's inside the vehicle -- doesn't have to be bomb proof. Also, they have foam inserts to "mold" whatever you are putting in -- which will keep tools from banging around. Maybe something like this with lashing straps to hold to a molle panel ??

OP
OP
rllw

rllw

Badlands
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! Apache seem fine for my use case. I'm less concerned about the case than a way to actually quick mount and release to the molle panel. Strap would work, but, hoping for something a little better.

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't know about hard shells but there's an awful lot of Molly fabric pouches and at least in the motorcycle community we use fabric tool rolls that are Molly compatible and they seem to hold up pretty well

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tool roll bag is much more convenient and reduces rattle of tools.

Sponsored

Cybindustries1904

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Raptor, Mach E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Hedrock

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr EG Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love the trip and the photos @rllw ! I’m about to make a GA>CA round trip, stops in GCNP, Tahoe area (for family), and the Rockies.

How many times have you gone through the Touchless wash? That’s my biggest concern with my soft top.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a small hard case tool box that can mount on an internal cargo molle mount for my 2021 bronco? I have the Builtright molle cargo mounts, and want to put a small tool box for pliers, screwdriver, etc.

1. I've seen the Milwaukee packout, but, the mounts I've found are $$$$.
2. Would like a hardshell case 12x12x5inches, which can be mounted against the side (dimensions approximate, flexible on exact size).
3. Want it 5" or so it doesnt still out far into the cargo area.

Thanks!
I bought this one at Harbor. It is good enough for some quick trail or road issues that might arise and the price was right.

https://www.harborfreight.com/tool-set-with-case-130-piece-63248.html?_br_psugg_q=pittsburgh

sameoldeddie

Wildtrak
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Love the trip and the photos @rllw ! I’m about to make a GA>CA round trip, stops in GCNP, Tahoe area (for family), and the Rockies.

How many times have you gone through the Touchless wash? That’s my biggest concern with my soft top.
Not OP but I exclusively use touchless washes and have been through at least a dozen times (3 this week after splashing around in some mud lol) without a single issue. Interested to hear other experiences though

Hedrock

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr EG Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Am I drunk or did this post in the wrong thread? Sorry for hijacking

EDIT: I am both sober and somehow managed to post in the wrong thread, apologies
Sponsored