Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With the rise of gas prices (not getting into any political viewpoints or more than that), what are people paying on average per month for their ride? I'm coming from a Hyundai Sonata that gets 33MPG and worried I will break the bank just trying to fuel my dream ride. I like to budget and would love a ballpark idea!
Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A 2.7 gets 17-19, do the math for your area.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With the rise of gas prices (not getting into any political viewpoints or more than that), what are people paying on average per month for their ride? I'm coming from a Hyundai Sonata that gets 33MPG and worried I will break the bank just trying to fuel my dream ride. I like to budget and would love a ballpark idea!
2.7 SAS is getting half that.

So assuming you drive the same, your personal gas cost is going to 2x

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Black Diamond with the 2.3 or 2.7 is going to be roughly half of what you get now. So double your current gas bill, then add whatever you think fuel prices are going to do for the next 4 years or until you sell. Hint; gasoline futures are continuing to rise.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm getting like 17mpg in my 2.3l BD. All local driving.

So maybe safe to say double what you pay now??

I also put octane 91 or higher.

I don't drive much. So I only fuel up once a month. That's obviously going to vary person to person and state to state.

Sponsored

hunterg54

Base
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm a bit concerned about this as well but its expected. Current Civic Si is getting about 26 ish mostly city. I figure my 2.3 7MT will get around 19 city before messing with wheels and tires.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

how many miles do you average per week? What's your commute like? what trips are you planning? there are a lot of variables here. My current commute is 0 miles. I don't have my Bronco but my weekly gas bill would be very tiny

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
how many miles do you average per week? What's your commute like? what trips are you planning? there are a lot of variables here. My current commute is 0 miles. I don't have my Bronco but my weekly gas bill would be very tiny
there are no variables, he is going to drive a vehicle that gets half the average economy of his current vehicle, so he doubles his fuel costs. It is a simple ratio problem.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My 4 Door 2.3 MT BD with 32" tires and Steelies was averaging around 21 MPG, my 2 Door SAS 2.7 is getting 17.

NeoS281

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a lot of variables to your question including fuel octane, type of driving (city or hwy), commute distance, regional prices, engine, etc. For my 2-door 2.7l w/Sasquatch, I'm probably spending $120 per month as I don't have a commute (mostly errands and leisure driving).

There are many ways to maximize fuel economy including using Eco mode and setting cruise control on hwy. I did a test using the above and averaged 21 mpg over 100 miles this last weekend.

Ford Bronco Monthly Gas Cost? fuel

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Jon, I don't even look. It would probaly scare me so bad I would (God forbid) go out and buy a Prius. :eek: :cool:

Disclaimer: I don't have my Bronco yet, but I do have a Wrangler. :)

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a bit concerned about this as well but its expected. Current Civic Si is getting about 26 ish mostly city. I figure my 2.3 7MT will get around 19 city before messing with wheels and tires.
buy what you want, more power to you, and all that...

However; the cost of a new Bronco alone is going to equal 15 years of repairs, fuel, and likely maintenance on that Civic, the difference in fuel costs between the two are going to be minor in comparison. A 50% increase in your fuel costs is nothing against the cost of a new vehicle. My suggestion is don't sweat the small stuff.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

People making this waaaaaaaaaay to complicated

You are about to halve your MPG. 0 Variables to account for, your fuel consumption will double.

What gas prices (and therefore your cost) will do is anyone's guess.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a lot of variables to your question including fuel octane, type of driving (city or hwy), commute distance, regional prices, engine, etc. For my 2-door 2.7l w/Sasquatch, I'm probably spending $120 per month as I don't have a commute (mostly errands and leisure driving).

There are many ways to maximize fuel economy including using Eco mode and setting cruise control on hwy. I did a test using the above and averaged 21 mpg over 100 miles this last weekend.

Ford Bronco Monthly Gas Cost? fuel
Unrelated, but I must of set my display settings to always night...?
I don't have a nice bright dash like that.
Sponsored