Sponsored

More Delays? - What Date will Ordering Really Begin?

What Date will Ordering Really Begin?

• Total voters

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They have some pretty serious build quality issues. Im not talking about panel gap issues either. Roofs flying off, seat belts not connected to anything; like serious issues.

Making a deadline shouldn't come at the expense of these kinds of problems.

Im as annoyed as anyone with delays, B&P issues and so on but I rather things be late and correct rather then get a product they will just go right back to the dealer for major fixes.

Thats why I was so pissed about the transmission issue on B&P. Just take the damn thing down till problems are corrected.
I’ve thought the exact same thing since Ford blamed delays on supply issues caused by COVID. I’d like your sources. I think they’ve got issues with their tops that are not supply based. There are certainly a lot of seams (places for leaks) in the modular or mic tops. I hope there aren’t larger issues.

Last edited:

Sponsored

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve thought the exact same thing since Ford blamed delays on supply issues caused by COVID. I’d like your sources. I think they’ve got issues with their tops that are not supply based. They’re are certainly a lot of seams (places for leaks) in the modular or mic tops. I hope they’re aren’t larger issues.
My comment was in response to someone about Tesla build issues not ford.

As far as sources I'm just parroting what I'm seeing being reported by automotive publications not any one specific source. So take that for what it's worth.

I was just making a general point that rushing something out the door wrong benefits no one.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hope they’re aren’t larger issues.
As paranoid as Ford has been about 'weight'....I'm wondering if there's structural issues resulting from too-lightweight of a product.

I agree its non-covid....other auto plants seem to be cranking out a lot of product no-problemo

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Absolutely 100% NO confidence in this going smoothly.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So we are getting close to the Bronco Order Banks Opening on January 19th. Will it really happen on time, will Ford be able to actually hit the date? I have one contract who is trusted and credible who questioned if it would happen by then. Even if it did, there are so many logistics that have to happen on the dealer side, will they be ready?

Ford still has to get the Bronco Pricing, Order Guide and Accessories Lists to the dealers. Then Ford has to get the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) website opened to the dealers (B&P programmers anyone?). Then there will be some type of training, to some extent, for the dealers and salespeople.

So based on Ford getting the dealers their information, the dealers getting trained and the WBDO website being available, what date will dealers really be able to start taking orders?
I noticed you spelled September incorrectly:)

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm actually shocked how many people are voting for March, I thought that was really to pessimistic and only put it in the poll as a joke.

The Levine Calendar is alive and well.
I voted by Jan 19th just because I knew most others would be negative.

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

it doesnt really matter when you place your order before scheduling starts right? trust me,, I want to put my order in asap but if everything is still a mess, I can wait.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

it doesnt really matter when you place your order before scheduling starts right? trust me,, I want to put my order in asap but if everything is still a mess, I can wait.
I think it goes without saying, if Ford officially slips the January 19th date the Order close date and the Scheduling start date will be a day for day slip.