Sponsored

More Delays? - What Date will Ordering Really Begin?

What Date will Ordering Really Begin?

• Total voters

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So we are getting close to the Bronco Order Banks Opening on January 19th. Will it really happen on time, will Ford be able to actually hit the date? I have one contract who is trusted and credible who questioned if it would happen by then. Even if it did, there are so many logistics that have to happen on the dealer side, will they be ready?

Ford still has to get the Bronco Pricing, Order Guide and Accessories Lists to the dealers. Then Ford has to get the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) website opened to the dealers (B&P programmers anyone?). Then there will be some type of training, to some extent, for the dealers and salespeople.

So based on Ford getting the dealers their information, the dealers getting trained and the WBDO website being available, what date will dealers really be able to start taking orders?
You just had to include “by”

Ford Bronco More Delays? - What Date will Ordering Really Begin? 1609892327075
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How can they say there will be an update for build & price in March and expect people to put in their orders from 1/19/21? WTF? Get it together Ford, you’re better than this!
Maybe the March update will be labeled as MY22.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve thought the exact same thing since Ford blamed delays on supply issues caused by COVID. I’d like your sources. I think they’ve got issues with their tops that are not supply based. There are certainly a lot of seams (places for leaks) in the modular or mic tops. I hope there aren’t larger issues.
I wonder who makes the hard tops for Jeep.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At this point I don’t even care anymore. I used to when I was a young whipper snapper, excited about the prospects of a topless vehicle for the wife that she might want to drive topless in. Then September, bad news, October, the B&P, delays, November and December happened.

Now I’m just old and mentally drained. If I order in 2021 that’s a small win.

LalasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco (past), 74 Super Beetle, Ram, 70 MG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm actually shocked how many people are voting for March, I thought that was really to pessimistic and only put it in the poll as a joke.

The Levine Calendar is alive and well.
I mean, I'm trying to manage my expectations!

Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t y’all think that ford would’ve sent out an email saying to prep/get ready for ordering on the 19th? Literally two weeks away

texmln

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just before the Wrangler JL came out and was suffering through similar questions about production timing I reminded the Wrangler JL board that it usually isn't a great idea to buy the first year of a new model anyway. I was called all sorts of names, told I was old and cars are much better now, it's different this time, blah, blah, blah. Strangely, the board was silent as the new JL was recalled and a stop-sale was issued for poor welding leading to loss of steering. So I'll tell everybody falling all over themselves to buy the new Bronco the same thing. Wait until '22 at the earliest. New models ALWAYS have more problems as the company works out the kinks while learning to build them. After the first year manufacturers figure out most of the minor issues and things get much better. Doesn't mean it's a bad vehicle or a bad design. It just takes time to learn a new build and the first year off the line isn't their best product. Wait until they've got it down.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Don’t y’all think that ford would’ve sent out an email saying to prep/get ready for ordering on the 19th? Literally two weeks away
In light of all the other numerous emails Ford sent out, for those of us that signed up for updates, you mean another one of those emails?

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In light of all the other numerous emails Ford sent out, for those of us that signed up for updates, you mean another one of those emails?
Yes

Sponsored

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
You're right....lotts to do. But unless this building is a fake movie prop, there oughta be more than enough folks to carry the load. At some point in time, Ford has to actually meet a self-imposed deadline, or somebody else will take their chair at the adult table.

Ford Bronco More Delays? - What Date will Ordering Really Begin? 1609892327075
*Defender 90 has entered the chat*

all kidding aside, you’re right. They can’t afford another setback. I’m pretty demoralized as is. I went and test drove a Tacoma. Was a fun drive but don’t think it’s for me. Still plan on test driving 4Runner when they’re in stock in my area as well as defender 110.

whenever I have doubts, and I’ve had a lot of doubts lately, I look at pics from the first supercel out west and how sick that black rig is

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also another question I’ll ask in this thread instead of making a new one.::: who plans on ordering on the 19th if the order banks do open up?

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

a topless vehicle for the wife that she might want to drive topless in.
i'm sure delivery will be far too late/cold for my wife to be driving around topless
Sponsored