First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You shouldn't be blinding anybody. You have to properly align your headlights after replacing them. Once they are adjusted properly, you won't blind anybody.

They probably didn't even adjust them. Here's how (easy)

Park on a LEVEL surface 25' from a blank/clean wall (not in you driveway if it angles up/down).

Measure to the center of your low beam (there's usually an producing indicator piece on the housing itself OR just measure). Keep in mind the low beams are the TOP lights. Now remember that # and subtract 2"

Mark that spot (the center of low beam minus 2") on a wall on the driver/passenger side.

Now adjust your low beams so they don't go above that mark (the top of the cut-off should hit that mark). DONE.

Adjusting is easy. There is a little spot on the top/behind it that you just insert a philips screw driver into. Turn and watch the light go up/down.

Most shops that install headlights (if they don't do this for a living) don't bother to adjust the headlights.

BTW the 2" is optional. you don't HAVE to but we LIKE to use that as a measurement. We usually get lifted trucks in here so that helps make sure the light spread is FALLING rather then RAISING as the distance increases. Ensures people driving towards you don't have light coming up AT them. And it's not so much of a drop that you can't see down the road either.
Makes too much sense, I'll get to it later... Why'd I think the shop took care of it at all?

just wanna double check, this is the part I turn to adjust right? The white plastic looking screw back there
Ford Bronco Morimoto XRGB vs. Alpharex NOVA Headlights - real world comparison w/ photos IMG_3372
Sponsored

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yup that's the adjustment screw

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can do it in the daytime also, as long as you can see the beam against the wall
true, though it’ll be dark soon enough

fortunately the shop next doors garage door should do the trick, just gotta figure out where 25ft is

Sponsored

Baerkeeper

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Basequatch | 2020 Miata RF
Your Bronco Model
Base
Makes too much sense, I'll get to it later... Why'd I think the shop took care of it at all?

just wanna double check, this is the part I turn to adjust right? The white plastic looking screw back there
Ford Bronco Morimoto XRGB vs. Alpharex NOVA Headlights - real world comparison w/ photos IMG_3372
FYI, you're missing a push fastener in the hole of the tab left of your white screw. Something l ike this.

Ford Bronco Morimoto XRGB vs. Alpharex NOVA Headlights - real world comparison w/ photos 1705085800789

I recommend you replace that before you adjust your headlight.

It was a big pain to remove mine and ended up damaging it. Went to the Ford dealer to buy a replacement and the nice person at the parts department gave me a handful of it for free.

Without that my headlight alignment moved.

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
true, though it’ll be dark soon enough

fortunately the shop next doors garage door should do the trick, just gotta figure out where 25ft is
Can you please post some POV shots from driver’s seat while on a road, and at the wall?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

FYI, you're missing a push fastener in the hole of the tab left of your white screw. Something l ike this.

Ford Bronco Morimoto XRGB vs. Alpharex NOVA Headlights - real world comparison w/ photos 1705085800789

I recommend you replace that before you adjust your headlight.

It was a big pain to remove mine and ended up damaging it. Went to the Ford dealer to buy a replacement and the nice person at the parts department gave me a handful of it for free.

Without that my headlight alignment moved.
You don't actually need those. They don't actually hold the light in. 2x 10mm bolts hold the light in on the top. I believe that is just there to hold the light WHILE you bolt down the light. But otherwise the plastic push pins are useless.

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you please post some POV shots from driver’s seat while on a road, and at the wall?
Sure, I'll be sure to take them. I can rough it at my parents house, their driveway's shady and while not completely level, it too can do the trick

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My parents house, did roughly 40in, but its not lining up

lemme try somewhere else
Ford Bronco Morimoto XRGB vs. Alpharex NOVA Headlights - real world comparison w/ photos IMG_3420
Ford Bronco Morimoto XRGB vs. Alpharex NOVA Headlights - real world comparison w/ photos IMG_3421
Ford Bronco Morimoto XRGB vs. Alpharex NOVA Headlights - real world comparison w/ photos IMG_3424
Ford Bronco Morimoto XRGB vs. Alpharex NOVA Headlights - real world comparison w/ photos IMG_3423
Ford Bronco Morimoto XRGB vs. Alpharex NOVA Headlights - real world comparison w/ photos IMG_3422

Sponsored

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not giving up, just gotta wrap up stuff at home real quick before I try again

Maybe I mismeasured the height?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks like beam is below the rear window on those vehicles. What's the issue exactly?

CoryB20

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-150, Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My problem is finding a level spot where the Bronco is level and I have 25 feet to a wall. I’ve come up with an idea parking the Bronco pointing out of my garage and using a laser level onto a piece of plywood 25 feet away. I hope to try it this weekend.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My problem is finding a level spot where the Bronco is level and I have 25 feet to a wall. I’ve come up with an idea parking the Bronco pointing out of my garage and using a laser level onto a piece of plywood 25 feet away. I hope to try it this weekend.
Just head to any store and go to the back. Lowes, Home Depot, supermarkets. The backs always have lots of empty wall space
Sponsored