Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Installed the AlphaRex housings. I've run Morimoto and AlphaRex on my Tacomas and 4Runners before. I love both companies but the AlphaRex sold me with the 3D Ice Cube LEDs against the amber halo. Put together a write-up on it. Both are great options though. It's really about looks at the end of the day.

https://trailbronco.com/2023/03/07/alpharex-bronco-raptor-headlights-6th-gen-bronco-review/

Alpharex_Bronco_Alpha_Black_13.jpg

Alpharex_Bronco_Alpha_Black_09.jpg
Were you provided the headlights free in exchange to write a review?

Last edited:

mrbrenan

Badlands
First Name
Brenan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Were you provided the headlights free in exchange to write a review?
I was sent the housings in exchange for social content and photos alone on my @trail_bronco IG page, not the install/review on TrailBronco.com. I decided to write the Install/review and drop a video because they're incredibly nice-looking headlight housings and there is little to no clear documentation on how to change the DRL Halo and bar from white to amber. I've been sent housings in the past for my Tacoma, which you can see photos of on my Toyota IG Page @Trail4R, however, those were sent from YotaMafia, not AlphaRex directly. This is the first time AlphaRex sent me housings direct and the only thing they asked for was photo work.

boomboomthump

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ordered a set of Morimotos this afternoon from @4x4TruckLEDs.com and they already went out the door to me.

Three factors for my decision...

1) Can't pass up that $600 trade-in for the stock lights

2) Much prefer the look of the dual projectors vs the quad projectors

3) I'm planning to run them with amber halos like the Raptor, so don't care too much that the white on the halos isn't as pure white as the Alpharex

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ordered a set of Morimotos this afternoon from @4x4TruckLEDs.com and they already went out the door to me.

Three factors for my decision...

1) Can't pass up that $600 trade-in for the stock lights

2) Much prefer the look of the dual projectors vs the quad projectors

3) I'm planning to run them with amber halos like the Raptor, so don't care too much that the white on the halos isn't as pure white as the Alpharex
Thanks for the business. We ship out right away when orders come in!

boomboomthump

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got them installed. They look great before you even fire them up. Seeing them in person, with the black surrounds around the projectors, they really look nice and I much prefer the look over the stock signature LEDs.

What settings have you settled on for the Raptor style amber halos? I've experimented with R: 255, G: 110-112, B: 0 but feel like they may be a pinch to orange. I think the marker light at the side of the grill/fender make you want to get close to that color. Think I'm going to go a bit higher on the Green to get it just a tad more yellow.

Also, any reason not to run the colored LEDs at full brightness? The RGB settings I mentioned are at full brightness and adjusting the brightness does affect the color.

EDIT: Oops/duh. Removed the last question about the DRL. Realized the DRL only comes on when you shift into drive and they aren't illuminated while in park.

Last edited:

Dr.Ross

Base
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dreadfulobjects.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Sasquatch 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Got them installed. They look great before you even fire them up. Seeing them in person, with the black surrounds around the projectors, they really look nice and I much prefer the look over the stock signature LEDs.

What settings have you settled on for the Raptor style amber halos? I've experimented with R: 255, G: 110-112, B: 0 but feel like they may be a pinch to orange. I think the marker light at the side of the grill/fender make you want to get close to that color. Think I'm going to go a bit higher on the Green to get it just a tad more yellow.

Also, any reason not to run the colored LEDs at full brightness? The RGB settings I mentioned are at full brightness and adjusting the brightness does affect the color.

EDIT: Oops/duh. Removed the last question about the DRL. Realized the DRL only comes on when you shift into drive and they aren't illuminated while in park.
If you have other amber backlit lights such as diodes or Oracle grill letters you’ll need to play around with the green value to get them to match up. I have a few different presets that I run day vs night because during the daylight I like a little more orange than at night when it clashes a bit with the oracles. I find that G 90 looks good with my other ambers at night, but sometimes go G75 during the day. For the brightness, you can set it to 100 but it’ll just default back to 50% eventually.

Last edited:

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ordered the morimoto Tues and theyre out for delivery today. Hoping to get them installed this weekend.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Came in Friday evening. I stalled earlier today along with led letters from Amazon. Hour and half total install time

20230521_153514.jpg

Sponsored

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It turns amber. The white actually isn't as pink as I thought. It's still pretty white just note a PURE PURE white. You can also adjust the brightness of the DRL/horizontal bar for the RGB portion (DRL still has it's own amber regardless of what you set).

So you can make the white a little dim if you want, or amber or whatever other color you are running at a show.

Here is the white set to about 50% brightness with the turn signal on

(HD is still uploading but you get the idea)

Would you say the DRL are as White and the OEM Signature lights? Not a off white.

What you say the Quality is at good as OEM?

Any would you say it's a good upgrade over the OEM Signature lights?

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
These lights are only RGB ( red , green , and blue colors ). They make a white from combining them. So they need an LED that is RGBW in order to have a true white.
So it’s a No for me. I rather have true colors .

Is this true?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Would you say the DRL are as White and the OEM Signature lights? Not a off white.

What you say the Quality is at good as OEM?

Any would you say it's a good upgrade over the OEM Signature lights?
No the DRL are not a pure white because it's an RGB Board (not an RGBW board, which has a dedicated White LED for white output).

I'd say it's maybe 75% the quality of OEM. The reason I say this is because they are made overseas (not that the Ford headlights are made in america either). But because it's not OEM and it's aftermarket, you will find a different in quality since OEM has to meet HIGH standards and aftermarket doesn't go through the same testing channels. They are still a killer headlight.

Is this true?
Yes they are NOT RGBW they are RGB. So the white is a mixture and it's never a PURE white.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Would you say the White on the DRL is very close to the OEM Sig. lights?

Also saw a youtube video saying the Alpharex have higher light out put. I know you guys have tested and say these are the brightest

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Would you say the White on the DRL is very close to the OEM Sig. lights?

Also saw a youtube video saying the Alpharex have higher light out put. I know you guys have tested and say these are the brightest
no it’s not a pure white

who told you the alpharex were brighter? They are clearly lying to sell more alpharex lol we ran a test on house comparing Morimoto to factory to alpharex to oracle and the XRGB are the brightest
Sponsored