First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 , Ranger,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
But you don't see yourself competing with other dealerships for reservation holders??
To my knowledge, we've been extremely competitive with other dealers. I've only seen the 1 dealer offering below invoice but I've been informed that they won't be able to complete all orders. That will be between them and their res holders. I wish them well.
Sponsored

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2017 F-250, 2018 Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

To my knowledge, we've been extremely competitive with other dealers. I've only seen the 1 dealer offering below invoice but I've been informed that they won't be able to complete all orders. That will be between them and their res holders. I wish them well.
Currently, Ford says they will build all reservations before dealers stock. Are you saying that is no longer the case?

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Pretty sure Ford will keep building and delivering Bronco's for those that order them, no need to get everyone hotter in here than they already are. The dealer in question has been upfront and honest about allocation as far as I'm concerned and am not worried about having them complete my order. Wish you luck.

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did not "Drive Happy" when I purchased from Morries. The purchase was not an enjoyable experience for me. Others have had different experiences but, I took my purchases since then elsewhere.

OP
OP

Slandreth

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 , Ranger,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Pretty sure Ford will keep building and delivering Bronco's for those that order them, no need to get everyone hotter in here than they already are. The dealer in question has been upfront and honest about allocation as far as I'm concerned and am not worried about having them complete my order. Wish you luck.
I'm certainly not trying to work anyone up...…. I've just been answering questions as politically as possible.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Slandreth

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 , Ranger,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Currently, Ford says they will build all reservations before dealers stock. Are you saying that is no longer the case?
I'm just trying to answer questions... not raise others. If that is what Ford stated, I'm certainly not the one to say differently.

Dewreckingcrew

Badlands
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 3.5 Boost and 2009 6.4 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious, how does Ford define an "area" geographically? Is it by state, or is Midwest, Southeast, etc..?

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm just trying to answer questions... not raise others. If that is what Ford stated, I'm certainly not the one to say differently.
And I'm just trying to figure out why you stated what you stated. So, if Ford's policy is still to build reservation orders before dealer stock, why do you say other dealers won't get allocation? It may be that reservations delivered to the smaller dealer may drag out longer, but converted reservations will be delivered before any dealership gets stock orders filled.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for being transparent. However, there is a few issues here. Reservations can be changed for months still. Now that pricing is out, people will be shopping for the best deal. If you're not offering a fair price in the area then the smart ones will switch dealers. This will in turn decrease your reservation number and increase the competitions. Not trying to be a jerk but I have seen it in other threads. As a dealer your best bet is to be clear and transparent on pricing right at the start.

quaddy2020

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No necessarily.... you may have to wait longer though.
My understanding during this process is that your reservation number has a time stamp and will be fulfilled in the order of when you put your reservation in. Not on any dealer allocation formula.

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just curious, how does Ford define an "area" geographically? Is it by state, or is Midwest, Southeast, etc..?
Looking at Morries of Minnetonka, their closest competitors geographically are Superior Ford of Plymouth and Metropolitan Ford of Eden Prairie. All of the same high tax base. None of them are going to drop prices because they'll get their MSRP from the local community.

How do those 3 compare to the Granger's of USA. Transparency, customer service, goodwill...

Dewreckingcrew

Badlands
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My understanding during this process is that your reservation number has a time stamp and will be fulfilled in the order of when you put your reservation in. Not on any dealer allocation formula.
That has changed a little...Ford needs to be efficient if they are going to try and meet everybody's demand in a reasonable time frame. They can't build a Black Diamond and ship it to Colorado, then the next vehicle down the line build a Wildtrak and ship it to Florida. They are going to build many Black Diamonds and ship a bunch to Colorado, and so on. The math on how they decide who gets what and when is no longer a timestamp on your reservation. There is a formula, and that formula does reward the bigger dealers with allocation size, but that is just part of the formula. They also want to damage Jeep sales as much as possible, so part of the formula is they want faster allocations to areas of the country that has a lot of Jeeps.

CoolTech

Wildtrak
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This dealer is NOT saying anything different than what Ford is saying. He is simply asserting that he is a higher volume dealer who is also in an area ranked higher for competitive (i.e. Wrangler) sales. These two factors along with the number of reservations will determine how many Broncos they get.

The challenge that EVERYONE has is in the precision of consideration of these factors. We all only know what Ford has said but there is no specific formula provided.

If this dealer and Granger each were holding 1000 Bronco reservations, the fact that this dealer may trump Granger is historic sales volume, AND in a higher competitive area, then they will be able to go deeper sooner than Granger in fulfilling their 1000 orders. If you are holding a very early time-stamped reservation, it is probably a moot point whose list you are on, you'll be near the top in any circumstance. However, if you are number 800 in the example above, you would likely get your Bronco sooner with this dealer over Granger.

HOWEVER, the number of reservations that Granger is holding is probably 10:1 or more than any of these dealers. How much of a factor this plays is an unknown.

I think if we try to summarize, the higher you are in the sorted-by-time-stamp list with all of the other Granger orders, the safer you are. The lower you are on the sorted Granger list the more likely it is that you can get your Bronco sooner by switching to a dealership that scores higher in these other two areas of consideration. But, there's simply no way to calculate this.

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This dealer is NOT saying anything different than what Ford is saying. He is simply asserting that he is a higher volume dealer who is also in an area ranked higher for competitive (i.e. Wrangler) sales. These two factors along with the number of reservations will determine how many Broncos they get.
That formula is to determine dealer stock allocation...

Dewreckingcrew

Badlands
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The challenge that EVERYONE has is in the precision of consideration of these factors. We all only know what Ford has said but there is no specific formula provided.

If this dealer and Granger each were holding 1000 Bronco reservations, the fact that this dealer may trump Granger is historic sales volume, AND in a higher competitive area, then they will be able to go deeper sooner than Granger in fulfilling their 1000 orders. If you are holding a very early time-stamped reservation, it is probably a moot point whose list you are on, you'll be near the top in any circumstance. However, if you are number 800 in the example above, you would likely get your Bronco sooner with this dealer over Granger.

HOWEVER, the number of reservations that Granger is holding is probably 10:1 or more than any of these dealers. How much of a factor this plays is an unknown.

I think if we try to summarize, the higher you are in the sorted-by-time-stamp list with all of the other Granger orders, the safer you are. The lower you are on the sorted Granger list the more likely it is that you can get your Bronco sooner by switching to a dealership that scores higher in these other two areas of consideration. But, there's simply no way to calculate this.
This is why I was asking what Ford considers an "area", maybe Minnesota and Iowa are the same "area"...or, an area could be a few counties of a single state, without that definition you can't even try and figure out the formula and the impact it will have.
Sponsored