Website
www.shopmrt.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

RECORDED USING BINAURAL MICROPHONE - HEADPHONES RECOMENDED
Part # 90R230 (Turn Down Tip) or Part # 90R234 (3.5" Tip)

If you're looking to elevate your Bronco's performance and sound to new heights while maintaining ground clearance for off-road adventures, look no further than the MRT King Of The Hill Single Tip Exhaust System. Take a ride in the MRT Bronco and experience a full range of driving situations showing off the versatility of the King Of The Hill axle back. The MRT King Of The Hill Single Tip Exhaust System delivers a powerful and thrilling presence when you open up the throttle, yet during light throttle cruising, it exudes a calm and confident purr that remains no louder than the ambient road noise.

👉Simple Installation, Maximum Impact: We understand that your time is valuable, and you'd rather be out there enjoying your Bronco than struggling with complex installations. With the MRT King Of The Hill Exhaust System, installation is a breeze. All you need is a 15mm socket and socket wrench, and you're good to go.

Here's how it works: the stock exhaust system has just one clamp near the rear axle that needs to be loosened. After that, removing the stock system is a cinch - it slides right out of two exhaust isolators. Now, the best part - installing your new MRT Exhaust is just as straightforward. It slots right into place where the stock system once sat, ensuring a snug fit and an instant upgrade in performance and sound.

🎧 Unmatched Sound Performance: At MRT, we understand that your Bronco deserves an exhaust note that's as wild and adventurous as the vehicle itself. Our King Of The Hill exhaust system delivers exactly that. When you unleash the throttle, you'll experience an aggressive, attention-grabbing exhaust note. When casually cruising the King Of The Hill exhaust has a nice deep presence that is quieter than the road noise around you. The start-up sound offers a satisfying rumble that seamlessly transitions into a subtle whir during steady-state driving. It's a sound that announces your presence without being obnoxious - the perfect balance of power and refinement.

đźš«Zero Resonance, No Drone: We take pride in engineering exhaust systems that provide a comfortable and enjoyable driving experience. With the MRT King Of The Hill Exhaust, there's absolutely no resonance or irritating drone. We've meticulously designed it to ensure that you can appreciate the aggressive street performance sound without compromising on your comfort.

â›°Off-Road Ready: We understand that Bronco owners are a diverse group, and we've designed this exhaust system to cater to all your adventures. You have the option to choose between a 3.5" tip or a turn-down tip, providing extra clearance for off-road excursions. Whether you're tearing up the asphalt or conquering rugged trails, the MRT King Of The Hill Exhaust System is your perfect companion.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As with any performance exhaust, there will be no noticeable performance improvement. Most people think there is but that’s because they can hear the engine so they’re more apt to put their foot in to it to hear the exhaust and that’s why people believe they’re getting more performance.

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As with any performance exhaust, there will be no noticeable performance improvement. Most people think there is but that’s because they can hear the engine so they’re more apt to put their foot in to it to hear the exhaust and that’s why people believe they’re getting more performance.
While I appreciate your input, there are many ways to increase either hp/ or torque using exhaust. The manufacturer stated that this exhaust has a performance increase so I was asking to see if this exhaust was actually tuned for this motor.

Sponsored

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get that. I just think it’s good for people to understand that if you get 5 to 10 hp from an exhaust, which is questionable, they shouldn’t expect to feel much seat of the pants performance increase. Exhaust systems are very expensive relative to the actual benefit they provide. Not to mention, they sound awful on a non-V-8 engine​

Reactions: 0ne

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get that. I just think it’s good for people to understand that if you get 5 to 10 hp from an exhaust, which is questionable, they shouldn’t expect to feel much seat of the pants performance increase. Exhaust systems are very expensive relative to the actual benefit they provide. Not to mention, they sound awful on a non-V-8 engine​
Sound is relative, I prefer quiet exhaust at my age. That being said I like power and a guarantee of 15 hp and 10 ftlb tq would make me suffer sound and cost. Adding this and a few other mods could easily put this motor at 350hp

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you can get 15 hp, it might be worth it. Unfortunately that’s at wide-open throttle and I almost never go full throttle. I use eco-boost trucks for work nowadays, but in the past I was spoiled by the low rumble of V-8’s so I just can’t get past the buzz of the V-6. It made me cringe when I listened to the video clip of this exhaust. Even if you can’t hear it inside the vehicle you still have to drive past people who can hear it outside.

Hashlak

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch, Porsche GT3RS, Honda CBR1000RR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here is a clip of the MRT King of the Hill dual exit exhaust on the 2.7L bronco in its element :)

Honestly I love it so far. Its very loud but totally worth it when you're on full throttle on the dunes.

OP
OP
MRTperformance

MRTperformance

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shopmrt.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What kind of horsepower and torque gains are guaranteed with this exhaust on the 2.7?

Modern cars, including the 2.7-liter engine you have, are controlled by the stock engine tune, and making significant gains in power usually involves adjustments to the engine's tuning. The MRT exhaust, however, serves as a great starting point for enthusiasts looking to enhance their Bronco's performance. While the MRT King Of The Hill exhaust system is a fantastic addition to your 2.7-liter engine, it's important to note that MRT does not claim specific horsepower and torque gains with this exhaust.

One of the primary benefits of the MRT exhaust system is its ability to reduce back pressure. This reduction in back pressure allows for improved exhaust and turbo flow, which can be especially advantageous when combined with other power modifications. While the exhaust alone may not provide substantial horsepower gains, it creates an environment where other modifications can be more effective.

Ultimately, the MRT King Of The Hill exhaust is a valuable supporting modification that complements other upgrades and can contribute to an overall enhancement of your vehicle's performance

Sponsored

Hashlak

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch, Porsche GT3RS, Honda CBR1000RR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do we have any idea how this exhaust will sound paired up with catless downpipes?

From what I have read online, the bronco downpipes are very restrictive, I do plan on eventually replacing with downpipes that have a smoother design. However, I am concerned about the loudness. I think its perfect the way it is, just hope it doesnt get too loud with the downpipes on.

WildtrakBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here is a clip of the MRT King of the Hill dual exit exhaust on the 2.7L bronco in its element :)

Honestly I love it so far. Its very loud but totally worth it when you're on full throttle on the dunes.

This is the same exhaust posted by MRT at the top, only with dual exit?

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great! I'd like to see some real world dyno tests, maybe stock vs. Your exhaust then stock with Ford performance tune vs yours with Ford performance tune. That would be worth the$$$$$

ultimateone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BB Sas Carbon Gray
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do we have any idea how this exhaust will sound paired up with catless downpipes?

From what I have read online, the bronco downpipes are very restrictive, I do plan on eventually replacing with downpipes that have a smoother design. However, I am concerned about the loudness. I think its perfect the way it is, just hope it doesnt get too loud with the downpipes on.
extremely loud and raspy with catless downpipes
Sponsored