Sponsored

Mud Flaps: RokBlokz vs RekGen vs Mabett vs WeatherTech ?

BBoyM3

Raptor
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Corolla LE
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm trying to decided on the best option for mud flaps. I would appreciate feedback on your experiences, and most importantly do they do the job of in preventing most debris/rocks from hittin the doors. I've read a lot of threads. Most seem to work well with the OEM wheels/tires, but some have reported rubbing at full steering lock with 0 offset wheels. I'd like to be able to run 0 offset wheels (RTR) in the future, so I'm not sure if it's possible without a small lift or inside fender modifications (remove black plastic box underneath fender liner). I have a incoming 2023 Badlands SAS, and I'll remove the rock rails and install steps (4WP, GoRhino (RB20 or RB10), or N Fab ROAN).

I'm looking at: RokBlokz, RekGen, Mabett, and WeatherTech. TIA.
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I installed the Rekgen XL flaps on my Wildtrak the other day. It's a super simple install, and they seem well made. They look good (I went with the simple Rekgen logo in black) and extend out to cover the entire rocker panel. I'm installing the Havoc Offroad Trailercrawler steps when they arrive, and I don't think I'll need to do any modifications.

The only thing that I didn't love is that the rear mud flaps screw into a plastic section of the bumper, without a positive connection to anything behind it. I'd have preferred there be a nut or something, but I'm not sure if there's access to that section of the bumper without removing pieces. I might try to make something work on my own.

Edit: Added pictures.
Ford Bronco Mud Flaps: RokBlokz vs RekGen vs Mabett vs WeatherTech ? PXL_20221017_195707233

Ford Bronco Mud Flaps: RokBlokz vs RekGen vs Mabett vs WeatherTech ? PXL_20221017_195714407

JR

Last edited:

dadjoke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend 4-Door 2.7 MIC Auto Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'll double up on the RekGen love. Install wasn't bad, price wasn't bad, keeps the water and rocks from hitting the sides and flinging out behind me.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love my Weathertechs. No drill, easy install. Fits with OEM tube steps, works flawlessly on my WildTrak.

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went with RekGen as well for my WT, but opted for the standard length vs. the XL’s. I have OEM steps installed and they do a good job of deflecting rocks and debris, but there was the issue of the gap between the steps and the Sasquatch fender flares. Had them on a month or so and so far so good. I think they look good as well.
78C09028-2458-4865-AB14-F55F2A889822.jpeg
B4475669-9F39-478A-9814-3CC2C3BDE02B.jpeg

Rimrattle

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I looked at all four of those before going with front only from Muslogy. I installed them last night. Very easy. They are quick detach. Three thumb screws and seconds later they are off. This was a major factor in my decision. They look better in person than on their website. They even include a nice storage bag for when they are off. They give you a small tool kit and lots of extra hardware. The tools weren't useful except for the clip remover. Printed instructions are really bad. Good videos online or just figure it out yourself like I did.

OP
OP

BBoyM3

Raptor
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Corolla LE
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I installed the Rekgen XL flaps on my Wildtrak the other day. It's a super simple install, and they seem well made. They look good (I went with the simple Rekgen logo in black) and extend out to cover the entire rocker panel. I'm installing the Havoc Offroad Trailercrawler steps when they arrive, and I don't think I'll need to do any modifications.

The only thing that I didn't love is that the rear mud flaps screw into a plastic section of the bumper, without a positive connection to anything behind it. I'd have preferred there be a nut or something, but I'm not sure if there's access to that section of the bumper without removing pieces. I might try to make something work on my own.

Edit: Added pictures.
Ford Bronco Mud Flaps: RokBlokz vs RekGen vs Mabett vs WeatherTech ? B4475669-9F39-478A-9814-3CC2C3BDE02B

Ford Bronco Mud Flaps: RokBlokz vs RekGen vs Mabett vs WeatherTech ? B4475669-9F39-478A-9814-3CC2C3BDE02B

JR
The Badlands has the steel rear bumper. I don’t know if that will make a difference on the rear install.

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Badlands has the steel rear bumper. I don’t know if that will make a difference on the rear install.
When you purchase, they want you to verify which model you have. It's likely that they have multiple installation kits, depending on the bumper/model.

JR

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don't have Sas Fender flares the Ford fronts work fine. I'd prefer the flat style of a Rekgen but until I tear off my Fords I'm happy.

Sponsored

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those of us who are lazy can we get some link love when you post? :D sorry, yes I know I can google the shit out of it too. lmgtfy.com much? yeah I know, but I'm a lazy MF'r. Thanks

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a rock cut right in to my rocker panel two days after buying my BD SAS. I went out and bought Rokblokz cause they're local for me. I no longer deal with rock chips and can quick disconnect if I need to
PXL_20221003_195736057~2.jpg

Jebster

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with the mabett mudflaps for my 2022 SAS badlands. Install is straightforward and they seem pretty study. Real test will be this winter when they get packed with snow and sand.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with Rokblokz since I liked their products on other vehicles. The Bronco kit is expensive and not perfect, but they are solid and easy to remove. Mine are the non SAS standard length. With my +30mm wheels and 285 tires the Rokblokz cover the tires perfectly. If I could make one aesthetic change it would be to make the rears less swept back.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have the Mabetts, and my only complaint is that you have to buy all four (I only installed the fronts). Sturdy so far, and I didn't encounter the installation issues others have mentioned on here.
Sponsored