Sponsored

Mud Flaps: RokBlokz vs RekGen vs Mabett vs WeatherTech ?

the paws

Outer Banks
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

WeatherTech splash guards do not fit on a Bronco with crash bars, period. Do not order from ticklemybronco.com. Returns are impossible
Sponsored

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Figured I'd throw a pic in the thread, my stock Badlands non-SAS with RokBlokz original, long.

Front, 8.5" to ground. Rear, 11" to ground.

Ford Bronco Mud Flaps: RokBlokz vs RekGen vs Mabett vs WeatherTech ? rain

CdnTom

Everglades
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I live on a rural road here in Canada, with the full monty of 4 seasons:). My daily commute starts and ends with 2.5 kms of gravel road. It gets particularly greasy during the shoulder seasons. After buying my Everglades, I knew right away that flaps would be a must. Both the fronts to protect the side of my Bronco, and rears for anyone who ended up behind me once we hit the main road until the treads cleared. After researching these forums, I went with the RokBlokz XL. Not long after that install, I realized the factory sliders would need to be replaced with side steps, as there were still a few rocks getting under the front flaps and pinging off the sides. Again, thanks to the advice offered here, I went with the Go Rhino Dominator Xtreme D6s to prevent both rock damage and door dings in parking lots. These pics were taken the same day after installing the side steps, after washing the Bronco in town. and lastly back in the garage after driving 40km home with the last 2.5kms of snow-packed gravel road. Although not an inexpensive set of mods, I'm quite happy with the mitigation effect so far.

Ford Bronco Mud Flaps: RokBlokz vs RekGen vs Mabett vs WeatherTech ? Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 8.37.34 AM
Ford Bronco Mud Flaps: RokBlokz vs RekGen vs Mabett vs WeatherTech ? Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 8.42.35 AM
Ford Bronco Mud Flaps: RokBlokz vs RekGen vs Mabett vs WeatherTech ? Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 8.38.58 AM

Last edited:

WildTrak23

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 FX4 Crew Cab Flame Blue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I looked at all four of those before going with front only from Muslogy. I installed them last night. Very easy. They are quick detach. Three thumb screws and seconds later they are off. This was a major factor in my decision. They look better in person than on their website. They even include a nice storage bag for when they are off. They give you a small tool kit and lots of extra hardware. The tools weren't useful except for the clip remover. Printed instructions are really bad. Good videos online or just figure it out yourself like I did.
What happened with gap/clearance issue? They look Great! Does it push the flap touch the ire whilst turning?

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Figured I'd throw a pic in the thread, my stock Badlands non-SAS with RokBlokz original, long.

Front, 8.5" to ground. Rear, 11" to ground.

rain.jpg
You, sir, have excellent taste. I have the exact same setup (in green). I did remove the plastic boxes behind the rear crash bars/liner to get the front flaps to sit at 90 degrees to body. Waiting on Magnum Stirrups.

Sponsored

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you, I know they're a bit long but I dont' really notice, and the only splash I've seen after install was towards the back of the rear doors, so they work! I'm going to cover the block over spring break, I've got a list a little stuff going, and I might even use a heat gun to give the top of the front flaps a little curve to follow the wheelwell.

UTME

Wildtrak
First Name
T-Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Rubicon-X
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I looked at all four of those before going with front only from Muslogy. I installed them last night. Very easy. They are quick detach. Three thumb screws and seconds later they are off. This was a major factor in my decision. They look better in person than on their website. They even include a nice storage bag for when they are off. They give you a small tool kit and lots of extra hardware. The tools weren't useful except for the clip remover. Printed instructions are really bad. Good videos online or just figure it out yourself like I did.
Photos please…

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you have the sizes or part #'s for SS hardware?

I went with the RokBlokz XL for the extra length/coverage to prevent what you see in the snow pics above. Shorter flaps allow that little bit to sneak under and it can really coat the rear door/flare.

I also wondered about the assembly thing... then, when they arrived (in two boxes) I realized it was purely a shipping cost thing to not assemble them. Assembled, they would be oversized and shipping cost would skyrocket.

My only gripe about RokBlokz is the hardware which assembled the backing plates to the flaps.
The screws are plain old black oxide and the nuts are zinc coated. The black oxide started rusting after the first snow/salt event and now I have to remove and disassemble, then reassemble with stainless at my time/cost. It's going to be a HUGE pain in the ass since I followed instructions and loctited the screws.

So... if you go RokBlokz, do yourself a favor and get stainless hardware and use it to assemble. Your future self will thank you. Your wallet will piss and moan a bit, but hey... we're all made of money, right?

Glade Runner

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I live on a rural road here in Canada, with the full monty of 4 seasons:). My daily commute starts and ends with 2.5 kms of gravel road. It gets particularly greasy during the shoulder seasons. After buying my Everglades, I knew right away that flaps would be a must. Both the fronts to protect the side of my Bronco, and rears for anyone who ended up behind me once we hit the main road until the treads cleared. After researching these forums, I went with the RokBlokz XL. Not long after that install, I realized the factory sliders would need to be replaced with side steps, as there were still a few rocks getting under the front flaps and pinging off the sides. Again, thanks to the advice offered here, I went with the Go Rhino Dominator Xtreme D6s to prevent both rock damage and door dings in parking lots. These pics were taken the same day after installing the side steps, after washing the Bronco in town. and lastly back in the garage after driving 40km home with the last 2.5kms of snow-packed gravel road. Although not an inexpensive set of mods, I'm quite happy with the mitigation effect so far.

Ford Bronco Mud Flaps: RokBlokz vs RekGen vs Mabett vs WeatherTech ? Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 8.38.58 AM
Let’s revive an old thread!

@CdnTom Can the Go Rhino Dominator Xtreme D6s be used with the OEM rock rails left in place?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WeatherTech splash guards do not fit on a Bronco with crash bars, period. Do not order from ticklemybronco.com. Returns are impossible
They do fit, you must have gotten the incorrect ones. They have for with the crash bars and without (SAS or Non SAS) and different ones for the rear depending on if you have SAS, or a Metal or Plastic bumper.
Sponsored