Sponsored

Mud Flaps: RokBlokz vs RekGen vs Mabett vs WeatherTech ?

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Following thread since I want to add to my Wildtrak.

Looking for the shortest ones to look at first.

Anyone know the shortest ones on the market ?

Thanks in Advance
Sponsored

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Power Man

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F150, Mustang Conv, 69 Bronco. 62 Ec
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice! I can’t seem to find the rear flaps online. Also, the front flaps are currently unavailable on Amazon. Mabett doesn’t seem to have their own website, everything goes through Amazon. Weird.
John, I just ordered a set on Amazon about a week ago. Got them in 3 days, On the Amazon search…type in Mabbett mud flaps.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

John, I just ordered a set on Amazon about a week ago. Got them in 3 days, On the Amazon search…type in Mabbett mud flaps.
You got the front flaps, or all four? Thanks.

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To the poster who's worried that if (front) Mabett mudflaps catch on something, they'll bend or rip out the fender's rim sheet metal: Don't worry! the mudflap will probably break off, first.

My bad news: I had installed the right front, no problem. The left front was 2/3 installed (the outside two bolt-into-(Mabett-provided) clip, when I decided to turn the steering wheel left for more access to the 3rd (and most inside) bolt-to-clip. The wheel caught the mudflap and cracked it apart! So now I'm down one mudflap. :cry:

My good news: "Jason Mabett" (a site sponsor) did not answer my query about buying/replacing that one mudflap, so I turned to Amazon. There I found (1) you can buy front pairs, for $89 :) but I found an identical to Mabett complete set (with hardware!) for $100! :D. (link below) So I'm buying that. I'll get my left-front replacement, and also have three replacements for the others since (knowing myself) I'll probably catch and break them while rockcrawling. If (when?) I do that, I'll probably revisit this thread for your recommendations for a set I can detach all or part of the flap for when I'm rockcrawling.

Take a look at this product, and tell me if it's not identical to Mabett--even the mountain silhouette design!

https://smile.amazon.com/Compatible...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Ford Bronco Mud Flaps: RokBlokz vs RekGen vs Mabett vs WeatherTech ? 1674179933952

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

To the poster who's worried that if (front) Mabett mudflaps catch on something, they'll bend or rip out the fender's rim sheet metal: Don't worry! the mudflap will probably break off, first.

My bad news: I had installed the right front, no problem. The left front was 2/3 installed (the outside two bolt-into-(Mabett-provided) clip, when I decided to turn the steering wheel left for more access to the 3rd (and most inside) bolt-to-clip. The wheel caught the mudflap and cracked it apart! So now I'm down one mudflap. :cry:

My good news: "Jason Mabett" (a site sponsor) did not answer my query about buying/replacing that one mudflap, so I turned to Amazon. There I found (1) you can buy front pairs, for $89 :) but I found an identical to Mabett complete set (with hardware!) for $100! :D. (link below) So I'm buying that. I'll get my left-front replacement, and also have three replacements for the others since (knowing myself) I'll probably catch and break them while rockcrawling. If (when?) I do that, I'll probably revisit this thread for your recommendations for a set I can detach all or part of the flap for when I'm rockcrawling.

Take a look at this product, and tell me if it's not identical to Mabett--even the mountain silhouette design!

https://smile.amazon.com/Compatible-Bronco-Mudguard-Splash-Fenders/dp/B0B4PG27NP/ref=sr_1_16_sspa?crid=1F7Z4ISF4HCC8&keywords=mabett+bronco+mud+flaps&qid=1674179746&sprefix=mabett,aps,97&sr=8-16-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFLUjk2QkI3S1JTMDAmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA3MDY4MjMyRUM2WlhGRDFERTY5JmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA5MTYxMjUyTjlFNzdZNDQ5MjE0JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfbXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Ford Bronco Mud Flaps: RokBlokz vs RekGen vs Mabett vs WeatherTech ? 1674179933952
When I was trying to decide which flaps to go with, I noticed a few of them looked identical. I ultimately went with the Mabett's, but your right, other brands looked exactly the same. They are probably all made by the same supplier in China.

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went with the RekGen because spending 1% of my Broncos purchase price of mud flaps seemed like too much, and that math checks out

I did the short ones not the XL, and only the front because I literally can't tell you what the back ones would protect, unless it my responsibility to care about tailgaters.

I still get rooster tails, because I went with the short version for purely aesthetic reasons as the long ones would totally mess with the care free message I'm also trying to vibe out into the world. However even the short flaps keep me seemingly rock free even with the Goodyear Rocktossers(TM).

If you're willing to spend $400 on a flap might as well spend $2,000 on tires that don't shoot rocks at 2,000 rps of centrifugal force into the stratosphere.

Other things you can by for under $400:
A nice GRMS radio
A good air compressor
1-2 expensive LED lights
Door handles that still are not exactly where you want them
A one-off pair of Seat beads by @Tricky Dick @604Bronco
My respect x4

Ford Bronco Mud Flaps: RokBlokz vs RekGen vs Mabett vs WeatherTech ? IMG_5348

Sponsored

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Broflaps. I bought these after seeing many YouTube videos on them. They seem pretty cool. I haven’t received my bronco yet, but I can’t wait.

JIOxfordWhite

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MercedesBenz
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was without mud flaps the first 5 days taking ownership of my Wildtrak with tube steps. Debree, mud and gunk all over the doors and windows. Went online shopping and chose the Rek Gen 'Merica mud flaps with the blacked out american flags. Significant difference in debree and mud hitting the side of my ride. It was an easy install and no drill. Did all 4 mud flaps with my husband.
Ford Bronco Mud Flaps: RokBlokz vs RekGen vs Mabett vs WeatherTech ? Picture3
Ford Bronco Mud Flaps: RokBlokz vs RekGen vs Mabett vs WeatherTech ? Picture4
Ford Bronco Mud Flaps: RokBlokz vs RekGen vs Mabett vs WeatherTech ? Picture5

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was without mud flaps the first 5 days taking ownership of my Wildtrak with tube steps. Debree, mud and gunk all over the doors and windows. Went online shopping and chose the Rek Gen 'Merica mud flaps with the blacked out american flags. Significant difference in debree and mud hitting the side of my ride. It was an easy install and no drill. Did all 4 mud flaps with my husband.
The blacked out Ford logo on your Wildtrak goes great with the black Bronco. Where did you get it?

JIOxfordWhite

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MercedesBenz
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The blacked out Ford logo on your Wildtrak goes great with the black Bronco. Where did you get it?
Thanks! Here's the link on where I bought it. Plus a few other decals I put on that are subtle but are great details. I'm going to make a video once I have all my mods complete. Going to intall Mabett fog lights this weekend, Rigid A-pillar lights and then taking it in to get 2 inch wheel spacers.

Bronco brake light: For Ford Bronco 2021-2023 Bronco Logo Heritage Font Third - Etsy

Ford Emblem Delete: 2021-2022 Bronco Emblem Overlay Please Read Description - Etsy I got it in matte black with Ford in gloss black

Sasquatch light decal - this is probably my favorite: For Ford Bronco 2021-2023 Sasquatch Big Foot Yeti Front Side - Etsy

Enjoy!

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks! Here's the link on where I bought it. Plus a few other decals I put on that are subtle but are great details. I'm going to make a video once I have all my mods complete. Going to intall Mabett fog lights this weekend, Rigid A-pillar lights and then taking it in to get 2 inch wheel spacers.

Bronco brake light: For Ford Bronco 2021-2023 Bronco Logo Heritage Font Third - Etsy

Ford Emblem Delete: 2021-2022 Bronco Emblem Overlay Please Read Description - Etsy I got it in matte black with Ford in gloss black

Sasquatch light decal - this is probably my favorite: For Ford Bronco 2021-2023 Sasquatch Big Foot Yeti Front Side - Etsy

Enjoy!
Nice, thanks! Happy modding!
Sponsored