First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@Markco can you post a picture of where they are welded on?
Sponsored

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would say a little smaller then a baseball size. Sorry I didnā€™t mesure. You dont want them too large because then the tale would be too long.
You could also just cut the 'tail' after tightening the screw. Stainless steel zip ties work well for this type of application too. Nice work, OP. Good idea.

Thunderpriest

Outer Banks
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevrolet Impala
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am definitely picking up some mud flaps soon. I spent over an hour yesterday cleaning some tar from my Bronco...and it was everywhere. Very heavy just behind the front wheel wells...and some had kicked up as far as the rear fender. It is a real pain that would've been almost completely prevented by the mud flaps.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜88 911,ā€˜15 Chevy 2500, ā€˜24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

all you need now is a can of soup and you got yourself an exhaust repair kit.

Ford Bronco Mudflaps install hack (without removing crash bar) 1655140988964

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello,
I purchased these to install like i saw on Budget Bronco on YouTube but couldnā€™t install due to the fact that my crashbars are bolted and welded on. Too difficult to drill.

so i came up with an easier mod. Simply get 2 stainless pipe/hose straps for each side. Melt or cut 2 slits in the flap (use the strap as a stencil for the slit size). . Snake the ends of the straps through the slits. Then wrap them around the crash bars and tighten. It took about 10 minutes on each side. Thats it, no drilling or any other work. ThePlasticolor flaps only cost about $33, cheaper if you buy the ones with the Ford oval. The straps are about $1.50 each at HD. Buy four straps

Plasticolor 000543R01 Black Off Road Scene Easy Fit Mud Guard 11" - Set of 2 https://a.co/d/co9Bg4b

9BB1C2E3-900D-47A2-982D-62F234BB8CE9.jpeg

C430D52C-502A-45AA-B2DD-2EA358360E0C.jpeg
how did u get the straps not to BOW?

can you post a pic on how the straps are attached to the mud flap?

Sponsored

CPTJoe2019

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Awesome

OP
OP

Markco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Markco can you post a picture of where they are welded on?
There is a tack weld at the base of the nuts. I tried with an impact wrench before i noticed the welds. I have never heard of others being welded.

OP
OP

Markco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

how did u get the straps not to BOW?

can you post a pic on how the straps are attached to the mud flap?
Hold the edge of the flap in place against the top of the crash bars, making sure they are level. Mark the flap at the bottom of the bar with a pensil or sharpie. Then make 2 holes for the straps .

Sponsored

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They were actually very tough to melt through.
Nice job with these. I bought these same ones and they are very tough. I have been mulling over how to attach them. I donā€™t have crash bars, so I think I am going to bolt on some angle iron to the crash bar location so the tires still clear, and attach the flaps very similar to this.

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I could be wrong, and unless I just don't see the welds, I think you might be a bit mistaken. When you remove the two bolts, the crash bar should slide out. Sure the crash bar mount is welded to the frame but the crash bars themselves insert and are secured with the bolts.

Or are you saying your crash bars were inserted when they welded the frame and are thus welded to the frame and bolted?

Having the 2 bolts it would be my guess they are designed to be replaced. Can't see any other reason for the bolts.

Either way it's a good mount. If you put the worm screw on the bottom it would look a little cleaner as you wouldn't see the worm head.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Markco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I could be wrong, and unless I just don't see the welds, I think you might be a bit mistaken. When you remove the two bolts, the crash bar should slide out. Sure the crash bar mount is welded to the frame but the crash bars themselves insert and are secured with the bolts.

Or are you saying your crash bars were inserted when they welded the frame and are thus welded to the frame and bolted?

Having the 2 bolts it would be my guess they are designed to be replaced. Can't see any other reason for the bolts.

Either way it's a good mount. If you put the worm screw on the bottom it would look a little cleaner as you wouldn't see the worm head.
Someone mentioned that the nuts are welded. The bolts can still be losened to remove. I like the idea of putting the screw on the bottom.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup. The nuts are welded. The bolts come out the top then the crash bar slides out from inside the larger tube on the vehicle.
Sponsored