Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello,
I purchased these to install like i saw on Budget Bronco on YouTube but couldn’t install due to the fact that my crashbars are bolted and welded on. Too difficult to drill.

so i came up with an easier mod. Simply get 2 stainless pipe/hose straps for each side. Melt or cut 2 slits in the flap (use the strap as a stencil for the slit size). . Snake the ends of the straps through the slits. Then wrap them around the crash bars and tighten. It took about 10 minutes on each side. Thats it, no drilling or any other work. ThePlasticolor flaps only cost about $33, cheaper if you buy the ones with the Ford oval. The straps are about $1.50 each at HD. Buy four straps

Plasticolor 000543R01 Black Off Road Scene Easy Fit Mud Guard 11" - Set of 2 https://a.co/d/co9Bg4b

Ford Bronco Mudflaps install hack (without removing crash bar) 9BB1C2E3-900D-47A2-982D-62F234BB8CE9

Ford Bronco Mudflaps install hack (without removing crash bar) C430D52C-502A-45AA-B2DD-2EA358360E0C
Sponsored

OP
OP

Markco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello,
I purchased these to install like i saw on Budget Bronco on YouTube but couldn’t install due to the fact that my crasbars are bolted and welded on. Too difficult to drill.

so i came up with an easier mod. Simply get 2 stainless pipe/hose straps for each side. Melt or cut 2 slits in the flap (use the strap as a stencil for the slit size). . Snake the ends of the straps through the slits. Then wrap them around the crash bars and tighten. It took about 10 minutes on each side. Thats it, no drilling or any other work. ThePlasticolor flaps only cost about $33, cheaper if you buy the ones with the Ford oval. The straps are about $1.50 each at HD. Buy four straps

Plasticolor 000543R01 Black Off Road Scene Easy Fit Mud Guard 11" - Set of 2 https://a.co/d/co9Bg4b

Ford Bronco Mudflaps install hack (without removing crash bar) C430D52C-502A-45AA-B2DD-2EA358360E0C

OP
OP

Markco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can use some rubber sheeting under the straps. I simply cut the rubber pipe gaskets that come with some straps.

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
looks awesome

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is a good hack, nice job! You might also consider adding a screw and spacer up top like I did in my video (see link here) to keep that from flapping around at all. Somebody else commented on my video about the crash bar being hard to drill through, but I didn't have any problem. Maybe just the drill bit I used, or maybe they changed the crash bar material at some point...who knows. Either way this is a good and easier solution.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Markco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is a good hack, nice job! You might also consider adding a screw and spacer up top like I did in my video to keep that from flapping around at all. Somebody else commented on my video about the crash bar being hard to drill through, but I didn't have any problem. Maybe just the drill bit I used, or maybe they changed the crash bar material at some point...who knows. Either way this is a good and easier solution.
Thank you for the comment. I love your channel and all the great things you have done with your Bronco.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello,
I purchased these to install like i saw on Budget Bronco on YouTube but couldn’t install due to the fact that my crasbars are bolted and welded on. Too difficult to drill.

9BB1C2E3-900D-47A2-982D-62F234BB8CE9.jpeg

C430D52C-502A-45AA-B2DD-2EA358360E0C.jpeg
And those Plasticolor flaps are the only fiberglass reinforced flaps on the market today (that I have seen, and I have looked at a TON of flaps). The fiberglass reinforcement will prevent ripping/tearing with installations like yours. I think a lot of other flaps would be prone to future tearing once you cut a slit in them. The quality on these is amazing given the price, great value!

OP
OP

Markco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And those Plasticolor flaps are the only fiberglass reinforced flaps on the market today (that I have seen, and I have looked at a TON of flaps). The fiberglass reinforcement will prevent ripping/tearing with installations like yours. I think a lot of other flaps would be prone to future tearing once you cut a slit in them. The quality on these is amazing given the price, great value!
They were actually very tough to melt through.

Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What size clamps did you use?

OP
OP

Markco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What size clamps did you use?
I would say a little smaller then a baseball size. Sorry I didn’t mesure. You dont want them too large because then the tale would be too long.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Have these always been welded on?