Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some quick thoughts after a week of ownership.

What I Love

· Signature lights and LED tail lights really pop at night

· High package value

o 12” display is beautiful and really makes the inside feel more expensive​

o Automatic high beams are really nice because I spend a lot of time on poorly lit country roads with moderate traffic​

o Heated seats, climate control, etc.​

· Sasquatch Package is a must. I’ve seen non-sasquatch Broncos and it’s just not the same.

· Trunk Space in the 4 door

· On Road ride quality

What Could Be Improved

· Uninspiring on-road driving experience

o It honestly drives and feels a lot like my Honda Pilot. This is good w.r.t. ride quality, but there’s just nothing special about how this thing drives. It’s just meh/average.​

o The weather hasn’t allowed me to remove the top and doors, but I’m thinking that will unleash some fun.​

o Obviously, it’s built for off road, but I’m strictly talking on road experience here.​

o I won’t beat the V8 dead horse too much, but that leads to my next point…​

· 2.7L

o Power is adequate but not great​

o Sound is lackluster​

o It’s good enough and that’s it. I personally couldn’t imagine the 4 cylinder in this huge vehicle, but maybe there isn’t a huge difference?​

· Back seat room in the 4 door

o I have two car seats, so this is more important for me than most. A few more inches would make my life a lot easier, but again I know what I bought and this suffices for my secondary family vehicle​

Better than Reported

· Standard 6 speaker sound system

o Reading reviews on here and other websites makes you expect AM radio quality. That’s just not the case. It’s inline with all other stock sound systems that I’ve experienced.​

o I will probably still upgrade the speakers and add a sub eventually because I do appreciate good sound, but 90% of the people out there will think it’s fine.​

· Build Quality

o Again, the build quality of the interior has been getting slammed and I disagree. I love the tactile and waterproof rubberized feel of all of the buttons. The washout and plastic interior is durable and perfect for an off road vehicle. Even the doors and handles feel solid.​
Sponsored

StrictlyBroncos

Badlands
First Name
Reece
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco (Badlands)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Firsthand experience and feedback is always appreciated. Also agree on many points.

LightRefined

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What Could Be Improved

o It honestly drives and feels a lot like my Honda Pilot. This is good w.r.t. ride quality, but there’s just nothing special about how this thing drives. It’s just meh/average.​

o The weather hasn’t allowed me to remove the top and doors, but I’m thinking that will unleash some fun.​

o Obviously, it’s built for off road, but I’m strictly talking on road experience here.​

o I won’t beat the V8 dead horse too much, but that leads to my next point…​

· 2.7L

o Power is adequate but not great​

o Sound is lackluster​
I'm hoping that these points will be mitigated a little with my build - I'm basically going for best on-road driving experience with the non-sas OBX and 2.7L. Have you seen some of the aftermarket exhausts? I think there was one that sounded pretty decent for the 2.7L, but I can't seem to recall which one it was..

EDIT: Found the exhaust I was thinking of!

Last edited:

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What Could Be Improved

What exactly was your on-road driving expectations? It's not a Mustang.

OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What exactly was your on-road driving expectations? It's not a Mustang.
I agree completely. I’m just trying to give my honest feedback. IMO, it meets expectations but doesn’t exceed them in this area.

Sponsored

STRATUS

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, C8 Corvette Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree. I'd add...that the tech on my High package Bronco has exceeded my expectations. For example, lane keep assist, adaptive cruise, 360 camera, blind spot, heated seats and wheel, auto high beams, etc. Honestly, the tech is better than our Range Rover Sport and my C8 corvette.

I'm generally ok with the interior with the exception of the seatt upholstery. I would have preferred a diamond stitchand or something more timeless. The two tone doesn't sdo anything for me. All in all, I love the vehicle.

STRATUS

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, C8 Corvette Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree. I'd add...that the tech on my High package Bronco has exceeded my expectations. For example, lane keep assist, adaptive cruise, 360 camera, blind spot, heated seats and wheel, auto high beams, etc. Honestly, the tech is better than our Range Rover Sport and my C8 Corvette.

I'm generally OK with the interior with the exception of the seat upholstery. I would have preferred a diamond stitch and or something more timeless. The two tone black/sand on my Wildtrak doesn't do anything for me. All in all, I love the vehicle.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don't waste your money on aftermarket exhaust. It's a V6, it will not sound better. You can make it louder but not better. The Raptor community has spent big $$ trying to get a better sound. Most went back to stock.

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree completely. I’m just trying to give my honest feedback. IMO, it meets expectations but doesn’t exceed them in this area.
Serious question, but do you have any experience with driving Wranglers or other highly capable off road vehicles? The point that these things drive like a "Honda Pilot" IS the amazing part!! The road manners are predictable, comfortable, and easy.

Last week I drove 1800 miles round trip to MI and back, and can tell you my only gripe was the fuel range vs. my "old" 2014 F-150. But driving at 80+ MPH with elbow on the window sill and 2 fingers on the wheel for 12 hours in a rig that can literally climb a mountain is a truly unique and one of a kind experience.

(I'm coming off as yelling at you, not my intent.....) :)

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Serious question, but do you have any experience with driving Wranglers or other highly capable off road vehicles? The point that these things drive like a "Honda Pilot" IS the amazing part!! The road manners are predictable, comfortable, and easy.

Last week I drove 1800 miles round trip to MI and back, and can tell you my only gripe was the fuel range vs. my "old" 2014 F-150. But driving at 80+ MPH with elbow on the window sill and 2 fingers on the wheel for 12 hours in a rig that can literally climb a mountain is a truly unique and one of a kind experience.

My 15 f150 rides better and is tons roomier, but it can't stray far from the paved road. The bronco I sacrifice a little ride quality for something that is almost as nice on the road, but like you said, it can climb a freaking mountain! Very small price to pay for that capability.

Sponsored

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 15 f150 rides better and is tons roomier, but it can't stray far from the paved road. The bronco I sacrifice a little ride quality for something that is almost as nice on the road, but like you said, it can climb a freaking mountain! Very small price to pay for that capability.
100% agree. I traded in my Platinum for this Bronco. I did miss it for the first few hours, the ride and roominess can't be beat as you say. By the end of the trip I have zero remorse/regrets.

I should also mention I have zero build quality issues, glitches, or mechanical defects. I've tested everything on/off road and its been flawless. I feel for those with issues, but have to hope the majority of us won't be complaining. Long term durability??? I do have concerns and will be opting into the extended warranty.

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I saved up enough to keep both! Which came in handy since rain today, and top is off awaiting delayed Trek top.

hauspwr

Badlands
First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Cabriolet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great review. I'm 3,000 miles in and just fall more in love with it daily. It's a great purpose built vehicle. I have the 4 cylinder, and I was nervous about that choice but it's absolutely fine. My biggest gripe continues to be fuel capacity, and MPG at high speeds, but it's as aerodynamic as a toaster so I understand.

OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, my post could’ve been a little bit more clear. I do really like the ride quality and I think that is a huge win for the bronco. I would much rather have the ride of the bronco versus the competition.

When I said “uninspiring on road driving” I was more referring to the power, handling, and engine sound. IMO, the driving just lacks a little bit of “character.”

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have exactly what I ordered for 2022 so thanks for the write up. I will disagree a bit on the sound system after test driving a high packaged Wildtrak and will be having the speakers waiting for it's arrival. That 12 inch screen is a treat, huh? I'm buying Badlands just for it and being able to keep mgv seating.
Sponsored