thd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro SS 1/LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Delivery date depends on so many things, but one of the toughest is option constraints. If your Bronco order doesn't have any of those nasty things it's quite possible you could get yours in '21. But, I don't suggest you hold your breath. Remember it also depends on what the folks in front of you order. It would be a big leap to get into those first 100 the dealer says they'll get.

I do remember my first new car, and I understand the excitement. So good luck. I really hope you can get yours this year.
I think you are spot on, FORD has said the build order will be dictated on constraints and their build software that directs which trim/models/options will be the most efficient to build on the line for that particular run. It looks like OP likely has one of the first runs...good luck
Sponsored

OP
OP

iwantmydamnarea51

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
UPDATE:
I was number 350 out of 400 reservations, and my dealership is selling 100 MY21s.

BUT I was bumped up! My dealer said lots of people didn't follow up or make appointments to order their cars. So I got lucky.

I am receiving a MY21! I did get a 2-door with Sasquatch, so it might be delayed, but he said for sure a MY21.

There is hope!

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UPDATE:
I was number 350 out of 400 reservations, and my dealership is selling 100 MY21s.

BUT I was bumped up! My dealer said lots of people didn't follow up or make appointments to order their cars. So I got lucky.

I am receiving a MY21! I did get a 2-door with Sasquatch, so it might be delayed, but he said for sure a MY21.

There is hope!
Your dealer has a limited edition crystal ball that even Ford hasn't handed out. For now, I would temper your excitement and anticipation of getting a '21 so that you aren't disappointed.

If you want to post your reservation date, we can take hypothetical guesses on the likelihood of you getting a '21 vs. '22, but right now, it's a mystery to everyone how this is going to pan out. A 2-door and Sasquatch are going to muddle things (supply-constrained), so if your reservation date is late enough, that puts you in the danger zone unless you are very high on your dealer's allocation order.

Plan for the worst, be happy if things turn out better than you expect and not disappointed if they don't. :) Sometime in May, we're all supposed to be told about when we can expect our Broncos. In the meantime, do order now because that's how you get that notification. You can always have your order forced to a '22 if you want to wait, but you can't not order now and expect to be included in the allocation and production estimation scheduled to be released in May.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am receiving a MY21!
Did your dealer sell you the glazed vin etching, free blinker fluid replacement for life, and free car washes all for the low price of MSRP + $5,000 and a low documentation fee of $750?

giphy.gif

Sponsored

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey, guys.

Just got the best call in my life. Lol. My dealer just called and said I can come in Monday to officially place my order (South Bay Ford in Southern CA, LA area).

I am totally surprised. I'm number 350 out of 400, and I was told I wouldn't be placing an order until Fall 2021. I was also told this location would only receive 100 MY21s.

Anyone know how this is possible? Is this too good to be true? Fingers crossed. Hoping for a 2021. We shall see.
And of course hopefully you have already had the financial conversation with your dealership?

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No! Not at all, I appreciate it!
This will be my first car, that I’m paying for and ordering. I’m new to the terminology so anything helps 😂
To be fair this is NOT a typical ordering process the whole thing has been a shit show. Even if you knew what you were doing it wouldn't help you much.

Typically your dealer will have a build slot 4-8 weeks out they can use for you, you place your order with a $500 deposit, then your car shows up in 12-14 weeks. Deduct a little time if domestic vs. coming from EU.

Per other comments get everything you can in writing, any changes should be at your sole discretion and your deposit should be fully refundable. I've on rare occasion ordered a car, had it show up at the dealer and not taken delivery. Even it that case you should be able to get your deposit back, they won't have trouble selling the Bronco to someone else.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE:

There is hope!
Yeah... careful with your excitement.

The fewer people that your dealership converts compared to what Ford estimated, the lower their allocation will be.

Also, if those people eventually show up at the dealer and look to convert, their timestamp is still before you, so they'll still receive their bronco before you.

sic5pointslow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250, 3 Mustangs, 2018 Audi, annnnd a Buick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wait you guys are still waiting for your broncos? :coffee:

Sponsored
OP
OP

iwantmydamnarea51

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Your dealer has a limited edition crystal ball that even Ford hasn't handed out. For now, I would temper your excitement and anticipation of getting a '21 so that you aren't disappointed.

If you want to post your reservation date, we can take hypothetical guesses on the likelihood of you getting a '21 vs. '22, but right now, it's a mystery to everyone how this is going to pan out. A 2-door and Sasquatch are going to muddle things (supply-constrained), so if your reservation date is late enough, that puts you in the danger zone unless you are very high on your dealer's allocation order.

Plan for the worst, be happy if things turn out better than you expect and not disappointed if they don't. :) Sometime in May, we're all supposed to be told about when we can expect our Broncos. In the meantime, do order now because that's how you get that notification. You can always have your order forced to a '22 if you want to wait, but you can't not order now and expect to be included in the allocation and production estimation scheduled to be released in May.
He told me it will for sure be a 2021. I signed papers and put down a $500 deposit. So, we'll see.

OP
OP

iwantmydamnarea51

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
And of course hopefully you have already had the financial conversation with your dealership?
Yes, I reserved an Outer Banks Sasquatch A51 with the cherry/black leather interior. Put down a $500 deposit and won't begin payments until delivery. He assured me it'd be a 2021, so we will see.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just get their promises in writing (probably too late if you gave them more money). Something just doesn't jive. If they truly had that many cancellations, they could actually lose allocations. No dealer actually knows how many they are going to get yet.

Did you get a firm price on you will have to pay? Would hate to see it come in and them try to add some ridiculous market adjustment.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah... careful with your excitement.

The fewer people that your dealership converts compared to what Ford estimated, the lower their allocation will be.

Also, if those people eventually show up at the dealer and look to convert, their timestamp is still before you, so they'll still receive their bronco before you.
@iwantmydamnarea51 They could be before you off course but if they convert after 19 March then they are in the second scheduling whole you should be in the first.
Sponsored