Sponsored

My Bronco Heritage Limited Purchase DISASTER!

BoDiamond

Heritage
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, GS1250, Kia Soul
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
My Sad Bronco Purchase Story (short version).

Nov 2023, Located a Bronco Heritage Limited in Mississippi and purchased it. I flew to Mississippi and drove the Bronco back to my home in Florida.

Dec 11, 2023

When I got it home, I noticed a paint defect on the front grille and the front camera was not working. No big deal, I posted here in the forum for advice and Ford reached out to me via this forum seeking to help me, they helped me open a case to get my Bronco repaired.

Jan 7, 2024

Ford never followed up with me so I reached out to them and received a referral to a local dealer in Vero Beach to have the Bronco repaired under warranty.

Jan 23, 2024

Local dealer took off the front grille to repaint and noticed lots of obvious damage. They investigated and found my Bronco was in a transport accident on the rail to the Ford Dealer in Mississippi. The dealer in Mississippi did a shoddy repair and in my opinion tried to hide the damage behind the grille. The wire harness to the front camera was cut. I don’t see how the Mississippi dealer did not notice this. Additionally, the camera was cracked from the accident. The header assembly that holds the headlights, radiator and other parts was also cracked in half. There is also damage to the body colored panels adjacent to the grille and headlight. There is also a ding on the front of the hood where they botched the repair job by putting a blob of paint over it. According to research from the local dealer, the selling dealer put $2,700.00 into repairs before selling the vehicle to me.

Local dealer informed me it would cost about $5,000.00 to do the repairs correctly.

According to Mississippi law, the dealer was required to notify me of the damage at the time of sale. But I was never informed of the damage when I purchased the vehicle.

The selling dealer has finally agreed to pay me $1,300.00 for the damage. The local dealer has reduced their price to $4,572.00 for the repairs.

The local dealer told me several times they will not do any repairs until they receive approval from Ford or the selling dealer.

March 20, 2024

Here I am about two months with my car being stuck at the local dealer and no progress. I have called my case manager at Ford multiple times and have not received a call back. I have been COMPLETELY ABANDONED by Ford. I have been overly polite at all times speaking with the local dealer, the selling dealer and Ford. Maybe that is my problem.

I think the only option I have left is litigation against the selling dealer and Ford. My attorneys say I have a strong Lemon Law case for a complete refund plus sales tax, registration and other fees. They also seem to feel there is a strong likelihood for punitive damages, attorney fees etc - especially against the selling dealer in Mississippi as they were required by law to notify me of the damage to the vehicle at the time of purchase.

Feel free to comment with any advice, what would you guys do?

Thanks

-Bryan

Ford Bronco My Bronco Heritage Limited Purchase DISASTER! Photo 15

Ford Bronco My Bronco Heritage Limited Purchase DISASTER! Photo 17

Ford Bronco My Bronco Heritage Limited Purchase DISASTER! IMG_5037

Ford Bronco My Bronco Heritage Limited Purchase DISASTER! IMG_5038

Ford Bronco My Bronco Heritage Limited Purchase DISASTER! IMG_5039

Ford Bronco My Bronco Heritage Limited Purchase DISASTER! IMG_5040

Ford Bronco My Bronco Heritage Limited Purchase DISASTER! Photo 02

Ford Bronco My Bronco Heritage Limited Purchase DISASTER! IMG_5042

Ford Bronco My Bronco Heritage Limited Purchase DISASTER! IMG_5035

Ford Bronco My Bronco Heritage Limited Purchase DISASTER! processed-F75B9F80-B3AC-4B29-ADB0-4D4E9C9464F6

Ford Bronco My Bronco Heritage Limited Purchase DISASTER! Transportation Damage
Sponsored

Last edited:

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow, such crappy repair job too.

Sounds like the only complete solution is to litigate with selling dealer that did things illegally.

Also sucks, because that is an issue with the stealership, so there wouldn't be anything for Ford to get involved with anyways, other than their dealer rep's relationship going forward.

Sorry you have to deal with a junky dealership like that.

Best wishes! ✌

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Stick to your guns, it’ll get fixed. I’d hate to think you have to give up your HE Limited.

Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel for you, I really do. I think with all of the evidence that you have, you should be able to return that headache back to the selling dealer. I believe you have the legal right to do so. And the selling dealer also has a moral obligation to accept what they did to you. Have you called the owner of the selling dealer to explain what you know. I would skip over all the managers and call the owner. Good luck on this.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there a small claims court option available in Mississippi?

Suing the selling dealer is likely to commit you to funding that could be order of magnitude more than the proper repair costs you stated. Also, it could realistically take several years to realize an outcome.

Since the selling dealer might still have the obligation to fix it properly, do you really want your Bronco tied up at a dealer in Mississippi for months or trust their work again assuming a Mississippi court finds in your favor???

This really has nothing to do with Ford Corporate, and I’m doubtful they can provide any assistance to you. In all likely hood, the selling dealer probably charged Ford Corporate and or the Transport Company for the full repair costs with all new parts, then did minimum repair work and pocketed the extra money…..

Everything about this sucks!

Have you discussed this with your insurance provider or your title holder?. Perhaps they can lend assistance.

Mississippi may also have a consumer fraud division.

EDIT: You never indicated whether you purchased this vehicle AS NEW or USED. If you purchased it USED and signed a document that you purchased it in “as is condition” You’re probably just screwed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BoDiamond

BoDiamond

Heritage
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, GS1250, Kia Soul
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Wow, such crappy repair job too.

Sounds like the only complete solution is to litigate with selling dealer that did things illegally.

Also sucks, because that is an issue with the stealership, so there wouldn't be anything for Ford to get involved with anyways, other than their dealer rep's relationship going forward.

Sorry you have to deal with a junky dealership like that.

Best wishes! ✌
Yes I have been holding off with the attorney as I was hoping they would do the right thing, I feel like I am out of options.

OP
OP
BoDiamond

BoDiamond

Heritage
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, GS1250, Kia Soul
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I have never sued anyone in my 65 years but the selling dealership might be a first.
I'm also 65, but have the body of an 85 year old. I have had a handful of litigations over the decades, all business related. It's never fun...

Sponsored
OP
OP
BoDiamond

BoDiamond

Heritage
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, GS1250, Kia Soul
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Stick to your guns, it’ll get fixed. I’d hate to think you have to give up your HE Limited.
Thanks for the encouragement! I think you are right, if I can get through this with a repaired HE Limited that would put me in a much better framed of mind.

OP
OP
BoDiamond

BoDiamond

Heritage
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, GS1250, Kia Soul
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I feel for you, I really do. I think with all of the evidence that you have, you should be able to return that headache back to the selling dealer. I believe you have the legal right to do so. And the selling dealer also has a moral obligation to accept what they did to you. Have you called the owner of the selling dealer to explain what you know. I would skip over all the managers and call the owner. Good luck on this.
Without getting too much into specifics, I don't feel the selling dealer has tried to be very helpful. I tried to get a hold of the General Manager but they skirted me around him and I ended up talking to the Service Manager. When I called again it seemed the General Manager was never around.

OP
OP
BoDiamond

BoDiamond

Heritage
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, GS1250, Kia Soul
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Name the bad dealer!! And post reviews with these pics on Cars.com, CarGurus, Autotrader, and Google. That will get attention.
That's a good point, I might do that. I found the dealer on cars.com. The dealer is Marshall Ford in Phildelphia, Mississippi. They were one of the few that would sell the HE Limited at MSRP. Some wanted 20K to 30K over MSRP!

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yikes! I'd take the advice if your lawyer and either do the lemon law or sue the dealership, really depends at this point if you still want the Bronco. Now what I'd do is sue them for the full repair cost and lost time and loss of vehicle including diminished value, the lawyer seems convinced that litigation cost can be recouped so no loss of money, just more time

C-Note

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sue the dealer who sold you the Bronco and get your nails did!
Sponsored