Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They don’t fit with the rock rails not sure about tube step
Actually, they do. This morning the Rock Chip thread was merged with another mud flap thread and hence the reason why the thread has ballooned to 8 pages. But the one thread that deals with Gatorbacks was not merged. You'll have to look in the Exterior Modifications forum for "Removeable Mud Flaps".

TL;DR - Gatorbacks do have an option to accommodate the rock rails. It is just a cutout for the rail. Now regarding the factory steps, their original fitment and testing was done on loaner Broncos and they were not permitted to modify the Bronco. Later a dealer came forward after deliveries were made and used their rig for testing. They found that if you flip the passenger/driver steps to opposite sides, then the Gatorbacks fit with no cutting. However, the bracket for the steps may need modification.
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Actually, they do. This morning the Rock Chip thread was merged with another mud flap thread and hence the reason why the thread has ballooned to 8 pages. But the one thread that deals with Gatorbacks was not merged. You'll have to look in the Exterior Modifications forum for "Removeable Mud Flaps".

TL;DR - Gatorbacks do have an option to accommodate the rock rails. It is just a cutout for the rail. Now regarding the factory steps, their original fitment and testing was done on loaner Broncos and they were not permitted to modify the Bronco. Later a dealer came forward after deliveries were made and used their rig for testing. They found that if you flip the passenger/driver steps to opposite sides, then the Gatorbacks fit with no cutting. However, the bracket for the steps may need modification.
I bought the gator a is today with the rock rail option they seem like the best out there at the moment

BigDeal

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am having the PPF installed. Hoping this will help with rock chips.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Almost ALL the frontal damage on any of my cars have been a result of people in front of me driving with tires similar to yours.

You're super concerned about paint chips on your car, but you think rear flaps are not needed cuz its other peoples problems .... NICE!
I just bought the gator backs today for my Sasquatch black diamond that’s coming . I bought front and rear I wasent just thinking about my bronco but the people behind me as well

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Would suggest just getting come clear vinyl wrap on the lower part of the bronco. Will protect it from the chips.

Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just bought the gator backs today for my Sasquatch black diamond that’s coming . I bought front and rear I wasent just thinking about my bronco but the people behind me as well
I completely disagree. If the people behind you are not smart enough to maintain a safe distance, that is on them. Safe means staying far enough back that you don't get chips on your windshield etc. It's not your responsibility to protect the guy tailgating you from himself. No way, no how!

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Pop my cherry today, Sasquatch douched two big rocks at my paint.
Was planning on rock rails, I just ordered the steps instead. Hopefully will help block it in the future.

Ford parts should have touch up paint in stock for black?
Will check tomorrow.

Funny I kept digging the rocks out of the tread thinking this will never end. (Rears as well)! I shouldn't have quit, but at this Point I consider it a badge of Honor. lol.

Never quit the rock picking!

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How far up the door is the damage occurring? Is it limited to below door handles or throwing onto hood?

OP
OP
BrianBormes

BrianBormes

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Powerstroke Bronco, Cummins Bronco, LS Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I completely disagree. If the people behind you are not smart enough to maintain a safe distance, that is on them. Safe means staying far enough back that you don't get chips on your windshield etc. It's not your responsibility to protect the guy tailgating you from himself. No way, no how!
That's how insurance companies look at it, it's your fault for following too closely is always the outcome. People are too sensitive and took my comment in the video to seriously lol (it will get flaps on all 4 corners once more come to market). If they don't like it they should really petition to make mud flaps standard on every vehicle so that when they tailgate they don't get chips.

OP
OP
BrianBormes

BrianBormes

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Powerstroke Bronco, Cummins Bronco, LS Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah I thought OP just sounded douchey until he made that comment and confirmed it.
Man the joke went right over both your heads...
It'll get flaps on all 4 corners as soon as more come to market.
But also from an insurance standpoint, if you get chips on your car from someone in front of you, insurance blames you for following too close.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt PPF will help much against the size of rocks these tires can hold and sling at speed, might help against smaller things. I'll definitely get flaps all around once somebody makes them at a sane price. Already got some dings in my rear fender flares, nothing in the paint yet luckily. The Squatch tires really love to collect stones and toss them far behind you at higher speeds. (Further than a reasonable safe distance would be IMO, someone tailgating you won't get them up above the hood, they'll just destroy their lamps and grill).

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

do you have any idea how rocks chips happen?? you can be in in another lane and get hit by 'em ..... they dont shoot out from the tires, they bounce and roll with great speed

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

But also from an insurance standpoint, if you get chips on your car from someone in front of you, insurance blames you for following too close.

WHAAAAAT???? NO Insurance company blames anyone for any glass damage while driving, they just replace it !!
Sponsored