Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021 Base Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Those are nice but body mounted is a no-no for crawling
I cringe every time I step on them due to the slight give. Wish they were frame mounted. They are very effective for rocks, though.
Sponsored

Gatlinz

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, F-250, Edge and soon to be Bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 2021 bronco (400 miles) is covered in rock chips already. Here is a quick video on a easy DIY mud flap to save your paint. Yes Ford has 2 mud flaps available, 1 set does not fit SAS, and the other set is ugly and $500.

Yes these wheels push the tire out 35mm over stock, but majority of my miles were on the stock offset wheels, so it is still something to consider for everyone.

Hey, thanks for the video! This may have been asked/answered so let me apologize in advance, but did the wildtrack not come with Rock/bash rails? or if it did what made you decide to take them off?

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do the rock rails on the badlands protect against this?

Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was washing the bronco after a fishing trip and I have 2 rock chips on the rockers from very minimal gravel road use. I guess I need to add some mud flaps. I'll probably just do what the OP did until a better option rolls around.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nobody is safe.

1636336396091.png
I've had the Bronco since last Friday, ~120miles, gravel driveway, it is not going well with these tires. I had a rock hit my windshield from the front right tire but luckily didn't do a full crack like the pic. I have Rockslide Engineering rails on order but I think that isn't going to solve everything, I can't handle the amount of rocks flying off these tires. Planning to buy universal mud flaps today to stop the bleeding while I shop new tires. I've always run ATs or more aggressive, I've always lived on a gravel road or driveway, these are no joke rock throwers!

edit: have to install these now. :(

Ford Bronco My bronco is covered in rock chips already. DIY mod to avoid rock chips EA39785D-FD46-4CC5-9A07-2405328FE3C8

Last edited:

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Temp solution but it’ll work for a few weeks until the sliders show up. The gravel is how much I picked up from one pass in my driveway, my truck has Goodyear ATs and they don’t pick up gravel. Mickey Baja ATs on order!
Ford Bronco My bronco is covered in rock chips already. DIY mod to avoid rock chips BBDA018B-A134-4465-8EAD-98BB25FA7785
Ford Bronco My bronco is covered in rock chips already. DIY mod to avoid rock chips C6A57E43-8A96-4D21-9A87-9AECDBAF2987
Ford Bronco My bronco is covered in rock chips already. DIY mod to avoid rock chips 53BD808A-2C2A-4DB6-AAA1-A89235F6C59E

Eddie_bower

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went with the Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac. About a 99% decrease in rockthrowing.

Ford Bronco My bronco is covered in rock chips already. DIY mod to avoid rock chips 53BD808A-2C2A-4DB6-AAA1-A89235F6C59E
I have the same tires on my van,

they throw gravel/rocks like it is their job. I have thousands of miles of fiberglass cracking experience

aggressive tires fit rocks… and will throw rocks when transitioning to pavement

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm putting a lot of thought into a bedliner strip on the rockers and 6-8" up the door. See if they can color match it to carb gray. That should hold up.
Did you go with the bed liner strip? If so were they able to color match the Carb Gray?

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you go with the bed liner strip? If so were they able to color match the Carb Gray?
Mine is still on dirt mountain indefinitely.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been looking at mud flaps for a while. With snow season, I needed something, even if temporary. They go on and off easy. This was my solution. 3" angle bracket and some stainless allen hardware and a little matte black paint.

JPEG image.jpeg

JPEG image 2.jpeg

JPEG image 3.jpeg

JPEG image 4.jpeg

JPEG image 5.jpeg

JPEG image 6.jpeg

IMG_9282.jpg

OP
OP
BrianBormes

BrianBormes

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Powerstroke Bronco, Cummins Bronco, LS Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been looking at mud flaps for a while. With snow season, I needed something, even if temporary. They go on and off easy. This was my solution. 3" angle bracket and some stainless allen hardware and a little matte black paint.

Ford Bronco My bronco is covered in rock chips already. DIY mod to avoid rock chips IMG_9282

Ford Bronco My bronco is covered in rock chips already. DIY mod to avoid rock chips IMG_9282

Wow that looks really good!! I might go do the exact thing now to mine

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice job! Hope the aftermarket comes up with a solution. If not, your solution looks to do the trick. Congratulations!
Sponsored