Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I ordered my Bronco in July and then probably read about 1,000 posts since., maybe 2,000? Today my wife and I drove 3.5 hours to Orlando to finally see the new Bronco in person. It was better than I could have imagined (and bigger). They only had this one (Badlands SAS) on a display stand with a barrier and the doors shut.

I went to what looked like the guy in charge and told him I was a deposit holder and had just driven up several hours to see it. "Can you please open the doors?" He went through the barrier and my wife and I followed him in. It had the MGV interior and I wanted to touch it. It felt wonderful (much better than I thought it would, almost indistinguishable from leather ) and it looked even better; nicely bolstered and stitched.

My wife had wanted a four door and I wanted the two door. After seeing it in person my wife said "the two door is plenty large enough, I would be afraid to drive anything bigger" So I am a happy camper.

Outside the hall there was a Ford ride and drive with the Bronco Sport. In order to drive the Bronco Sport we were required to drive an Escape first? The Bronco Sport Badlands had a nice tactile feel to the wheel but the power seemed a little sluggish when I got on it (2.0L). But it definitely was not an Escape as the two felt completely different.

The ride and drive people were Ford Corporate employees (the Bronco Sport guy that rode with us has a deposit on the full size OB and was the person that filmed the video of the Orlando Bronco https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...nds-sasquatch-inside-outside-underbody.10131/) and they were very knowledgable and friendly. One employee said he was excited because he was about to go on a cross county trip with several Broncos in a few weeks with a bunch of employees.

And for driving them we were given two Starbucks gift cards (so I got that going for me).
This was a really fun day!

Ford Bronco My day meeting the new Bronco in Orlando -- hands-on impression IMG_0963
Ford Bronco My day meeting the new Bronco in Orlando -- hands-on impression IMG_0964
Ford Bronco My day meeting the new Bronco in Orlando -- hands-on impression IMG_0965
Ford Bronco My day meeting the new Bronco in Orlando -- hands-on impression IMG_0966
Ford Bronco My day meeting the new Bronco in Orlando -- hands-on impression IMG_0970
Sponsored

Last edited:

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This seems to be the trend. We bitch and moan on this forum about this and that. There are definitely things I'm not happy about.

But I saw it in person and am completely sold on buying one. It's fantastic. The 4 door really isn't all that much bigger. If you look at a Wrangler Unlimited, you can get a good feel for how big the 4 door Bronco is.

But you don't have to tell your wife that ... ;)

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats. I am curious how the experience will be tomorrow for me. Hopefully similar.

Java9

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 2.7L, 93 Bronco 5.8L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure this was asked and answered elsewhere, but I don't want to dig through thousands of posts of people bitching....are the orange grab handles and stitching actually orange? Or is iit the "cyber orange" aka school bus yellow?

Sponsored

Java9

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 2.7L, 93 Bronco 5.8L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sorry, my time inside was about 20 seconds so I'm not sure about the grab handle being CO but the stitching is actually orange. By the way, the MIC top looked good with the Orange!
Thank you!

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm sure this was asked and answered elsewhere, but I don't want to dig through thousands of posts of people bitching....are the orange grab handles and stitching actually orange? Or is iit the "cyber orange" aka school bus yellow?
I'm sorry, my time inside was about 20 seconds so I'm not sure about the grab handle being CO but the stitching is actually orange. By the way, the MIC top looked good with the Orange!
They match the badge, which isn't quite Cyber Orange but close.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Awesome sauce!! Thank you for this! Great info and great pictures. I'm excited even more!!

What I can't wait to hear more about is this cross country trip. Now we know what some of these factory broncos may be for!!

Not gunna lie totes jelly of that trip!

earmentrout

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150 Raptor,2014 Ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The trip was worth it for me. Wanted to make sure my 2 door, SAS, bronco order wasn't going to look weird.:eek:.For me, the 2 door and 35in. tires looked great. I'm also a happy camper.:D

Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cool pics! Thank you! Unsolicited opinion follows...

I think I've convinced myself I prefer the non-signature headlights and Base or BD grill the best.Like many have said, they seem to look more classic.

Jeffwomack

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I dig the signature headlights. I am however getting the base. Got to keep the cost down. I want the letters on the grill white. Have to figure out how to do that. I thought about going up in trim die the headlights. I have enough time to talk myself into it.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Disappointed you'd take photos after being asked to refrain.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Disappointed you'd take photos after being asked to refrain.
It was sitting at an auto show. That's the entire point of auto shows; to showcase the vehicle. No idea what the dude was talking about. If Ford doesn't want the vehicle photographed, they can tuck it away at MAP until deliveries start.
Sponsored