First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seeing the rigs in TN a couple months ago has me content with decision to stay patient. It also solidified that I wanted 2 door over 4 door. And it also sold me on MGV. Can’t wait!!!! I’m like Jesse from Saved by the Bell when she was popping pills - I’m so excited!!! I’m so excited!!!
Sponsored

BroncoGator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh I completely agree. You'd think this thing was a top secret military experiment with the lack of information and hands off approach to customers. Also, the paint cans weren't there and no swag whatsoever. Super disappointing experience today.

I would not take pics either. Everyone is working and when they bend the rules and people take advantage, it just bums me out. The Warthog engineer let me check out the vehicle pretty closely and when I asked to take pics, he asked me not to. I obliged so his day wasn’t messed up and the next nut like me that wanted to look, got a chance. Not complaining, just my perspective.
Yup. I'm not sure if people remember but Ford monitors this forum and may have told the reps at the show no more after that incident. I went today and the Bronco Sport was roped off too, but they allowed you to go inside and check it in groups of 2 with the rep watching. I asked if we could do the same with the 2 door and got a hard no.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was sitting at an auto show. That's the entire point of auto shows; to showcase the vehicle. No idea what the dude was talking about. If Ford doesn't want the vehicle photographed, they can tuck it away at MAP until deliveries start.
One of the workers there said the interior was the hand made version and wasn't being shown due to this.

Who knows what the truth is?

Color is great. Grey top is fine. It really reminds me of the 1997 Yellow Defender 90 I wish I could have afforded when I bought my first new car - 1995 Isuzu Rodeo.

Hopefully this summer...

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The man in the suit said to me because "Its not a finished product and expected to change" totally rediculous
One of the workers there said the interior was the hand made version and wasn't being shown due to this.

Who knows what the truth is?

Color is great. Grey top is fine. It really reminds me of the 1997 Yellow Defender 90 I wish I could have afforded when I bought my first new car - 1995 Isuzu Rodeo.

Hopefully this summer...
So that rationale kinda makes you wonder why Ford showed, and showed and showed the prototypes that had no chance of being purchased by the customer. Annnnnnd now, it is off limits because it is not a finished product and subject to change. Make up your mind ford, make up your mind.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i guarantee the aftermarket with have vinyl letters for our Base grills in no time. There is a thread on this forum about it.
If that’s the case, then I can’t wait to get blacked out letters for my BD!

Sponsored

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ashley, our Bronco is reserved at Granger Ford in Iowa. We live in North Carolina. Since retirement the CEO and I decided we would do a long road trip every year so to see this beautiful country. The plans at this point is to drive our Wrangler to Iowa, trade for the Bronco, head to Fargo, ND, and turn left. There's no better way I can think of to get the break in miles behind us, and see more of our great country. Not to brag, but retirement is a wonderful thing. :)
I am at Granger too and plan on flying out from Oregon and driving 1800 miles back (slowly) seeing all I reasonably can of this country on that trip. The ford delay is making me sweat a bit...prefer not to do a winter road trip, fall would be just fine! I can't wait to see your and the CEO's pictures!!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am at Granger too and plan on flying out from Oregon and driving 1800 miles back (slowly) seeing all I reasonably can of this country on that trip. The ford delay is making me sweat a bit...prefer not to do a winter road trip, fall would be just fine! I can't wait to see your and the CEO's pictures!!
I understand Corey. We're a bit worried also, and are hoping for at least a fall delivery.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Awesome sauce!! Thank you for this! Great info and great pictures. I'm excited even more!!

What I can't wait to hear more about is this cross country trip. Now we know what some of these factory broncos may be for!!

Not gunna lie totes jelly of that trip!
For real this needs to be a Forest Gump situation where Bronco enthusiast find em and follow them.

Too bad I'm stuck on Maui or I would be there chasing them down.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can assume Saturday,s representation was just as bad as Fridays ? ... what were your overall thoughts of the 2dr ?
My mom always said that if I can't say something nice, then I shouldn't say anything at all. That is why I responded above with the angry censured emoji. Let's just say, you were 100% correct. Jeep killed it.

I'm only considering a 2-dr. She's a huge b*tch. No need for squatch especially on Badlands. Ford should be embarrassed at what they put on display. The MIC was terrible. Not just color, but fitment. Pat was the senior Ford Rep. He didn't know jack. After repeated questions that he didn't have an answer, he said that he couldn't help me further even though I wasn't through with my questions. He pulled up the proverbial Welcome Mat and walked away.

I'm drinking tonight to steady my nerves. I'm really pissed off at Ford's effort. Still want my Bronco, but damn, Ford isn't making it easy.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My mom always said that if I can't say something nice, then I shouldn't say anything at all. That is why I responded above with the angry censured emoji. Let's just say, you were 100% correct. Jeep killed it.

I'm only considering a 2-dr. She's a huge b*tch. No need for squatch especially on Badlands. Ford should be embarrassed at what they put on display. The MIC was terrible. Not just color, but fitment. Pat was the senior Ford Rep. He didn't know jack. After repeated questions that he didn't have an answer, he said that he couldn't help me further even though I wasn't through with my questions. He pulled up the proverbial Welcome Mat and walked away.

I'm drinking tonight to steady my nerves. I'm really pissed off at Ford's effort. Still want my Bronco, but damn, Ford isn't making it easy.
Nailed it! I felt the same way ... nobody wanted to give me the time of day from Ford if they did it was a pointless deer in the headlights look with simple questions. Jeep well you know the rest of the story on that ... Glad you got to see it though ?

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ashley, our Bronco is reserved at Granger Ford in Iowa. We live in North Carolina. Since retirement the CEO and I decided we would do a long road trip every year so to see this beautiful country. The plans at this point is to drive our Wrangler to Iowa, trade for the Bronco, head to Fargo, ND, and turn left. There's no better way I can think of to get the break in miles behind us, and see more of our great country. Not to brag, but retirement is a wonderful thing. :)
My teenage daughter wanted to see the country so from 2016 thought 2019 I took off 2-3 weeks each summer and we have done long road trips around the country. The trips were ususally around 5000 miles. Also mixed in a few shorter trips that were about a week long.

Unfortunately we needed to cancel the 2020 planned summer trip. With that trip we would have visited the last 7 of the lower 48 over that time. Hopefully we will be able to pick it back up this summer.

OP
OP

Rigsurly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Rigsurly what did you think of the Cyber Orange Metallic in person?
I thought it looked better than the pictures and so did my wife (who is the one I am buying it for and I wanted her to be happy). I looked hard to see the metal flake but did not see it, but the lighting was weird. Secondly, I was surprised that even the MIC top looked good with the Cyber Orange (by looking at all the pictures I thought the MIC would only look good on the Iconic Silver or Carbonized Gray), so this opened up more color possibilities.
Thirdly, the black SAS wheels helped coordinate the whole exterior package.
Fourthly? The orange trim on the inside with the Badlands; door, grab handle, vents, seat stitching really makes Cyber Orange the 2 door Badlands way to go
Hope this helps
Sponsored