Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So all the other cars I’ve had, I could tell by looking at the phone app TO SEE if the doors are locked or unlocked. Maybe I’m missing the obvious but I don’t see that on the Ford bronco app. It tells you how much range you have on the fuel tank but not if the doors are locked or unlocked?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It does not tell you whether the door is locked or not.

The reason why is because communication with the Bronco requires the AT&T cellular network to function. If your vehicle happens to be outside of cell service it has no means to communicate with the vehicle, so rather than give you a false sense of security or outdated information, they just don't report the status.

The oil life, fuel tank information, tire pressures, etc. is cached information. You are not getting a "live" view of your vehicle. You are getting the most recent update that your vehicle provided to the online FordPass service. My Bronco, for example, says I have 59 miles left on the tank and it was last updated 11 hours ago. This is actually incorrect... I just filled up the tank about 3 hours ago, but my Bronco hasn't provided updated information to FordPass yet.

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sometime just hold down the lock button it will say Doors Locked after a few seconds thats the way I double check when I'm not sure if I did it or not.
Sponsored