First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have been planning a cross country trip for the past few years and most of the pieces came into place a few weeks ago for my Bronco (finally!). Here's my build list

Specs: 2022 Wildtrak 2.7L, Eruption Green, 22k miles.
  • Roof Rack - First off the obvious one, yes I have a soft top, yes I got it instead of a hard top because I was impatient, so in order to get a roof rack that could support a tent I went with Texas Complete Broncoout of Texas @Keith Dunford . The variant I have is their prototype roof tent version that has cross bars for a tent/awning etc. This things is Heavy and it does have a bit of play as you go over bumps and obstacles( maybe a half inch of sway on the side supports over bumps) but it is still a bit in the experimental stage but it did make it to California from Alabama no problem so there's that and yes the wind noise is very loud even with the aero of the tent and a rack fairing, I experimented a bit with acoustic dampening adhesive pads on the interior of the soft top itself but ended up removing it as it did little
    • I also got their oversized door cup holders (a2 variant)which I love, although I have several holes in my knees from aggressively getting into the vehicle. Even my ginormous 32oz water bottle fits easily and it's great for additional storage
    • Tent - I went with an Antidote Outdoors pop up 4 hydraulic strut style tent. Comes with I think a 3 inch memory foam pad but I added an additional 4 inch thick memory foam pad because I can and I like to sleep good. The tent itself is ok for the price as I got it on sale(~2000$ shipped) but I can be a bit flimsy/offset when closed due to the additional padding) and bugs always end up inside after a day of driving
    • Awning - Roofnest 270 Batwing awning 2.5m, which looks like they no longer sell. This thing is heavy and the stock brackets wouldn't fit with the tent so I purchased slimline brackets that fit under the tent. Comes with integrated lights and is self supporting, with some sag, and super easy to set up and close(most on the market now seem to be the same but the integrated lights and pricing set this one apart for me)

• Electrical
    • Added 2* 100 watt solar panels which I drilled/tapped/sealed holes in the top of the tent itself. They got a bit flappy as they are the flexible RV ones so I added ratchet straps(thanks TCB for adding so many mounting holes on the rack) to keep them immobile at speed as well as help in closing the tent
    • I'm using a Bluetti EB70s for power storage in addition to a spare backup lithium car battery + a 12v to 24v step up converter to increase the charge speed to the Bluetti for night time use then I top up with the solar or car electrical during the day. Eventually Ill tap into the alternator but I haven't run the wiring yet(got a Painless dual battery kit but was hesitant about directly running the alternator wiring to the controller unit instead of the main battery). Picked up a generic battery tray and mounted it to the compartment cage bolting points. Then ran an outlet into the tent for my computer, overhead lighting strip and swamp cooler
    • Kicker Hideaway 8" Sub, stowed/supported under the passenger seat

• Front Bumper - SRQ front bumperwas the last part to go on as I assembled it days before I left. In my opinion this bumper is the best looking one on the market and due to high demand it took me a bit longer than expected to get it in but luckily I talked with Tyler @srqfabrications and they were able to get it to me before I left for my trip(unfortunately I was not able to get the belly pan in time but that wasn't as important as having a winch). Camera(had a focus issue which was caused by too much pressure on the backing bolts that took a bit to figure out) and sensor relocate worked out well but if you're planning on installing this solo good luck as its pretty heavy
    • Winch - The Smittybilt X2O GEN3 10K Winch control box was actually a bit too tall for the bumper compartment so Instead of doing a control box relocate I jacked up the front lip of the SRQ bumper in a few places to give me that extra room. It comes with a synthetic rope and a wireless controller and of course the blackout color scheme fits well

• Lighting
    • I went cheap with the pod/bar lights, Amazon for the win. LASFIT has some pretty decently bright diodes for the money. 6 pods on the front bumper, a set of ditch lights(eventually want to add maneuverable handles) and a 32" rear facing lightbar
    • Oracle BRONCO grille lettering, looks great at night, pretty easy to install although you do have to remove the grille and drill out the existing letters
    • Grille Amber Kit from F150 Parts, had one burn out and they sent me a free replacement so I'm happy with these although i would prefer a set that are molded to the grille hole itself rather than top adhesived

• Steps/Rock Rails - Amazon wins again, Clamber Running Boards, although cheap the build quality is pretty good and are pretty weighty

• Under the Hood
    • Single compressor from Harbor Freight and fabricated mount(as seen on Bronco6g forum), all for 80$... take that ARB. Granted its slow but it gets the job done if you're not in a hurry
    • Hood struts
    • BMS Blow off valve, because sport mode makes me feel like a race car
    • JKS Steering Sleeve kit, if I upgrade tires may go with a Broncbuster set or upgraded tie rods in general instead for better piece of mind seeing some of the horror stories on here about the fragility of the stock ones

• Interior
    • Ford Rear Compartment Cage, a great option if you're paranoid about someone cutting into your soft top(what else are you gonna spend those Ford Points on?)
    • Ford Tailgate Table(don't really get to use if the bike rack is back there, need to get an angle adjustable rack)
Honorable mentions: Mountain graphics(various Etsy purchases) and Eruption Green decals, rotopax( the stock nozzles suck btw so spend the extra cash and get some of these), black out badging, Roll Cage Storage Bags for tools, Black out Gorilla lug nut locks, race stripes because race car, car door latch step ups for when I need to get to the solar panels. Paracord grab handles (the stock ones are useless), Bronco Trash Can, Door handle paint protector.

• Future Mods:
    • This thing is heavy when fully loaded with camping gear now so maybe another 2-3 inches of lift paired with some 37's
    • Metal rear bumper, SRQ has a nice one with a spare tire swing gate relocate but its a bit pricy
    • Full belly pans(probably aluminum), I framed out twice on Imogene due to no spotter(minimal damage) and inexperience so that piece of mind goes a long way

Screenshot_20230707_071331_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230707_071443_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230707_071456_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230707_072109_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230707_071350_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230707_072145_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230707_072127_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230707_072214_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230707_072202_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230707_072233_Gallery.jpg
We love it, Joey! That's a stunning Bronco!
Sponsored