First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@EOSeabee Ahh I thought as much. That is not a bad setup.
Sponsored

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, I've had my 2022 Badlands Sasquatch for just a bout a year now. I've done mostly small stuff to it, but I just recently installed a new bumper and winch. The bumper is from Maxlider. The reason I went with this is because it came with the front skid plate AND ACC relocate. Every other bumper I've looked at, you had to get the skid plate and ACC relocate separately. The winch is a Warn 12s. The bumper is already setup to accommodate the winch, so I didn't need to buy a mounting plate. I also got a set of lights for the bumper.

Install came out excellent! The shop had to call Maxlider a few times during the day for help though. NO instructions come with the bumper. At the moment, my proximity sensors are acting up a little. The shop suggested I might need to have them calibrated to the new bumper. The ACC works fine though.

Also, I just got a set of Method Bead Grip wheels. Went out today and aired them down to 11 psi and hit the trail. Wheels performed perfectly with the stock Good Year 35's.

Other stuff I've done: rear shock skid plates, rear diff skid plate, Trailrax Half rack, (although I wish I'd gotten the full rack), Archetype Racing dash rail and center console grab handle, and some small stuff from Buck your Bronco.

IMG_0658.jpeg
IMG_0660.jpeg
IMG_0661.jpeg
IMG_0662.jpeg
I cut holes on my winch plate for my proximity sensors.. They were acting up and it was two reasons. 1. The plastic flange piece has to be oriented properly, 2. They were being squeezed because the holes were too small. I reamed the holes until they fit better and problems went away.

OP
OP
EOSeabee

EOSeabee

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I cut holes on my winch plate for my proximity sensors.. They were acting up and it was two reasons. 1. The plastic flange piece has to be oriented properly, 2. They were being squeezed because the holes were too small. I reamed the holes until they fit better and problems went away.
Thanks!! I’ll try that!

OP
OP
EOSeabee

EOSeabee

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks!! I’ll try that!
How can you tell how the flanges are oriented correctly?

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They are shaped. Look at them closely you can see part of the lower circumference is flatter in one spot.

the holder piece has a tab to clock it on the stock bumper. Not sure if yours has it. Alternatively you may be bouncing the ultrasound off of the bumper structure that juts out right next to the inner ones. At that point you may just have a bad design. There is a TSB to deactivate those sensors for people who installed the ford performance winch which sits in front of those sensors
Sponsored