Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been on here for awhile, but never introduced myself..... so here goes.
My name is Peter, and live in Port Coquitlam. Day one reservation, hitting refresh until the site opened. Went directly to First Edition, but in my mind, knew I was SOL ( Ford USA fault), so after I saw "sold out", got the WildTrak 2 door. Day one of Ordering in January 2021, and then waited. July 16, 2021 Built. got as far as the railyard, and then BOOM !!! Ford stopped shipments due to Hardtop issues.......damn...... on to Dirt Mountain..... until October.... 3 months !!!!
Finally shipped October 8th, and got it Oct. 27th. Sat a week in Surrey paddock.....damn again....... :(
Anyways, finally it was mine, and time to customize it to what I wanted it to be...... :)
Have done lots of mods so far, and continue to do so up to this day. Some day I'll stop....ya, right !! :rolleyes:
So, here are some pics of my rig, and hope to see you guys and gals out there in the trails, Malls...:LOL:, or anywhere we may run into each other ( not literally though ).
Day 1.... My old daily driver behind. Bye-bye Explorer, Hello Bronco. I had the tires and rims ready to mount as soon as it was here. NO, the front plate was NOT drilled into the lower valance. I made some straight clips to put behind the grille temporarily until I made a plate holder. Notice the WildTrak sticker is gone....
other things I have added in the interior are my radar detector, and a Thinkware U1000 front and rear dashcam. Will be adding a Ram Mount system to hold things on the dash when needed, and utilize the middle grab handle bolts to add a iPad holder and CB/Ham radio holder.
That's about it so far.... making some "proper" tube rock sliders, and a front bumper to match in the near future. May do a rear bumper also to match. It never ends, just takes time.......
Congrats, Looks good.
Sponsored

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@BadBronco how did you get the embroidered headrests. Losing the Bronco logo is the only thing stopping me from getting the Katzkin.

OP
OP
Bad_Bronco

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@BadBronco how did you get the embroidered headrests. Losing the Bronco logo is the only thing stopping me from getting the Katzkin.
Katzkin won't do the Kicking horse because of TM, but other small shops will as you are getting something Embroidered for yourself, and not selling it, which Ford hates. Just get the pattern from the web, and take it to a Embroider and your good to go. Who ever installs your Katzkin, should know someone.

Mallevad

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco and Shelby Gt350
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been on here for awhile, but never introduced myself..... so here goes.
My name is Peter, and live in Port Coquitlam. Day one reservation, hitting refresh until the site opened. Went directly to First Edition, but in my mind, knew I was SOL ( Ford USA fault), so after I saw "sold out", got the WildTrak 2 door. Day one of Ordering in January 2021, and then waited. July 16, 2021 Built. got as far as the railyard, and then BOOM !!! Ford stopped shipments due to Hardtop issues.......damn...... on to Dirt Mountain..... until October.... 3 months !!!!
Finally shipped October 8th, and got it Oct. 27th. Sat a week in Surrey paddock.....damn again....... :(
Anyways, finally it was mine, and time to customize it to what I wanted it to be...... :)
Have done lots of mods so far, and continue to do so up to this day. Some day I'll stop....ya, right !! :rolleyes:
So, here are some pics of my rig, and hope to see you guys and gals out there in the trails, Malls...:LOL:, or anywhere we may run into each other ( not literally though ).
Day 1.... My old daily driver behind. Bye-bye Explorer, Hello Bronco. I had the tires and rims ready to mount as soon as it was here. NO, the front plate was NOT drilled into the lower valance. I made some straight clips to put behind the grille temporarily until I made a plate holder. Notice the WildTrak sticker is gone....
Exterior....
Rims are Fuel Rebel 6 17X9 offset -12 Anthracite Center W/ Black Lip. Color matched perfect with the Carbonized Grey.
Tires are Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T 35X12.5X17 . Best tires I have ever had on a 4X4 by far, and they stand behind their tires. 50,000 Mile Warranty.

View attachment 281350
First thing.... change ugly stickers to proper badges. I made the WildTrak w/Sasquatch and also the Bronco badges even before I had the vehicle. The bucking Bronco and Ford badge just painted to match. I am using "RED" as my accent color, as I think it goes well with the black and Carbonized Grey.
View attachment 281351
Next, Line-X the grille (Hard Top and Fender Flares also, later) View attachment 281352
and add some cool lights I made..... off....
View attachment 281353
On.....
View attachment 281354
Time to put front plate on with existing bolts (no drilling).... prototype plate holder made and mounted.
View attachment 281355
Unpainted... just temporary for now.
View attachment 281356
Added "steel" rear bumper to replace plastic one. From 4WD Parts. Best one that fit my vision of what I want. I may (will) change it later. Fender Flares and Hardtop Line-X'ed at this point. no leaks, and quieter.
View attachment 281357
Back up lights installed on new bumper with brackets I made. This bumper looked better with flush mount, rather than pod lights that would have been inset. Wired them into existing stock back up lights.
Also, made a front and rear plate surround with the Bucking Bronco, and Canadian Leaf.
View attachment 281358
Front view.... Plate surround, and my Lights.... All added lights are from Vivid Lumen Based in Kelowna. Wanted to support a local company, and besides being cheaper than Rigid, they are much brighter, and carry a Lifetime Warranty. I have 4 Side Shooters... 2 on the mirror mounts facing about 30 degrees, 2 on the top outside of the light bar, facing 90 degrees, and my 40" Dual Row Midnight series Light Bar. All wired into the upper toggle switches for when I need them. Very happy with these lights !!!
View attachment 281750
Oh, the Ram Air Hood !! from Advanced Fiberglass Concepts. Long story short, my OE hood was bowed from the factory, so Ford agreed to replace it. Instead, took allocation money and bought this one, which is the one I would have gotten down the road anyways, so it all worked out. Ford also paid for the painting of the hood. My only complaint is that my hood struts won't work until I make some reinforcement plates for the AVC Hood. Being fiberglass, I don't want to take a chance of cracking it at the mount point, so I am making a plate to take the stress. Seems funny, that our stock hoods have the spot for struts, and now the Raptor and Everglades have hood struts. Think about that...... Hopefully, AVC will incorporate that in future molds. Other than the struts, this hood fit well, and is made well. Very little prep to paint time. If they ever make Baja Fenders, I'm in !!!
View attachment 281831
View attachment 281832
Other Exterior add ons.....
Stubby antenna. Gear America Uber Anti-Theft Shackles front and rear. More to do on the exterior, but still working on it......

Interior......
I didn't order the leather interior from Ford on my WildTrak because I could get Katzkin Leather cheaper, and Get the material I wanted. I decided to go with the heavier leather on the sides where you always rub to get in or out. I also wanted to put some red in the seats, so went with Barracuda red with red stitching. With Barracuda, when you look at it from different angles, the red shows more. Hard to take pictures of it. Something you have to see in real life. I also got the dash, inner doors, center console, shifter boot, and steering wheel done, and it was still cheaper than Ford factory price.
I did add Heated and Cooled seats (Degreez) from Katzkin at the same time, as once you have cooled seats, you never want to go without..... The OE heating pads were put into the back seats, as it was simple.... add a foot of wire. So now, I have all seats heated to keep the passengers front and back warm.
I also got the headrests embroidered with the Bucking Bronco instead of on the back of the seat cushion. The embroidery came out really nice.
Pic of the original color interior.... sandstone..... hated the color !!! (only color available for the WildTrak in the beginning).....YECK !!!!
IMG_5593.jpg

The new interior with Katzkin Leather...... but first, out with the old.....
IMG_5608.jpg

and now in with the new......
IMG_5625.jpg

IMG_5626.jpg

IMG_5630.jpg

and the embroidered headrests.....
IMG_5795.jpg

and a few other touches added..... still have to change the air vent rubber pieces to red.
IMG_5796.jpg

IMG_5797.jpg

Installed the Mountains to Metal door pockets after painting them. Kept the original mesh and used it behind so it would hold a drink tighter. now I have 2 pockets to use. these are the best ones I've seen, and made very well. they don't interfere with my leg at all, and I'm 6'2".
image0 (24).jpeg

image1 (17).jpeg

other things I have added in the interior are my radar detector, and a Thinkware U1000 front and rear dashcam. Will be adding a Ram Mount system to hold things on the dash when needed, and utilize the middle grab handle bolts to add a iPad holder and CB/Ham radio holder.
That's about it so far.... making some "proper" tube rock sliders, and a front bumper to match in the near future. May do a rear bumper also to match. It never ends, just takes time.......
You have been very busy! I too have a 2 door and bought mine in Port Coquitlam. I am looking to do some custom leather and suede interior. Did Katskinz do your Bronco embroidery? thnx

Sponsored

Mallevad

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco and Shelby Gt350
Your Bronco Model
Base
You have been very busy! I too have a 2 door and bought mine in Port Coquitlam. I am looking to do some custom leather and suede interior. Did Katskinz do your Bronco embroidery? thnx
Just read your reply on another question regarding Broncos thnx

OP
OP
Bad_Bronco

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just read your reply on another question regarding Broncos thnx
No problem.... If you need any goodies for your Bronco, PM me for what I got....

OP
OP
Bad_Bronco

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another add on almost complete..... J Top Sunshade with a personal touch. Picture doesn't do it justice as the Titanium is the same shade as the grey border on it. Looks better in person.
Ford Bronco Bad_Bronco Build...... So far...... image3 (21)
Sponsored