Sponsored

My name is Ed and I am addicted to upgrading & modifying …

OP
OP
Dontc4re

Dontc4re

Badlands
First Name
Edmond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 area 51Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When everyone is looking at their phone turn this on….
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dontc4re

Dontc4re

Badlands
First Name
Edmond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh I get it Dad jokes ! ( how much for you to write for me) LOL!!!

OP
OP
Dontc4re

Dontc4re

Badlands
First Name
Edmond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bet nobody has a joke writer on their build list 😎 # first

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same thing happened to me. Started with grab handles, the soft top assist struts. Then bigger tires, well now I need more clearance. Small lift. Axle shifted. Now a track bar bracket. Good deal on upper control arms? Yeah they'll help with caster. Some trailing arms for articulation? Why not. Winch on sale? Suuuurrrrreeee.
Few more odds and ends.

It's addicting.

EJP-OB

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Started small… new Rhino shackles, then got a new Hurst shift knob, then I wanted to just upgrade the sound…so I bought new speakers and a Kicker powered sub. Then I saw on B6g how good 1.5 inch tire spacers look, but didn’t want to have paint chips, so I got Gator back mud flaps, Grab handles, clutch pedal spring, floor mats, , Flowmaster Cat back, back up alarm… and I haven’t even started with the auxiliary switches

1f975.png

There’s no end to this is there? Sometimes I see sad old 4x4s covered with Amazon junk and I realize I’m on the same road. How do you know when you’ve done enough? Please stop me before I have a flag pole holder in my Trailer hitch (double entendre intended).

047F07A3-0766-44B5-8A51-0CC4DE05B7A2.jpeg

FF7E7928-A877-4015-8D73-B956026B4C0A.jpeg

23D9EFE3-F06D-4D8A-961D-7A24B576AD43.jpeg

4AFF4085-64D1-4E67-8F70-D5DEBC8CFB16.jpeg

285323FF-803D-4FA6-B988-173CA46FB855.png
"Hi Ed, welcome, and thanks for sharing"
The first step in recovery is....a... it's....

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dontc4re

Dontc4re

Badlands
First Name
Edmond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You might be right, buying all the parts and not actually having a Bronco...sad :)
That’s like buying diapers before the baby… smart you will need them… trust me🤓

OP
OP
Dontc4re

Dontc4re

Badlands
First Name
Edmond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Recognizing you have a … need for more upgrades !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rak2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 - sold
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Seems that MOD Fever is contagious across all brands of autos:

=======================

Ok Doc, I'm just here because of my wife - I don't really have a problem.

I need you to give me a clean bill of health to shut her up.

She thinks I have a case of Mod Fever, but she just dosen't understand.
I think she is just in some kind of shock and panic mode that I am the one spending money on something, and that money is money that she could be spending on shoes instead.

You see, I purchased this MX5 that I dearly love,
but have found a couple of enhancements that I thought were very worthwhile.

Right away I got the splash guards to keep the rocks from dinging up the paint.
Thats practical - and long term care for the vehicle you know.

Then I just had to install the Nautilus horn for safety's sake.
I mean, the Meeeep Meeep OEM horn was cute, but a horn that the SUVs can actually hear is certainly an essential safety enhancement.

Oh, and another critical safety feature was the birds eye convex mirrors to eliminate any blind spots in the rear view mirrors.

Now everyone wouldn't consider this a safety feature exactly, but I found that the piano black surface on the instrument console was way to reflective and the reflection of the passing trees created a movement inside the cockpit that was just toooo distracting. Had to replace the instrument panel with the brushed aluminum one.

And of course I ordered a copy of the workshop manual.
Not exactly sure how I'll use it but it seems like a good investment for those unexpected little adjustments that may come up in the future - don't you think ??

Oh - and I heard that you can replace the wipers with an intermittent set from the RX-8 so I ordered those and while ordering went ahead and ordered the black roll bar covers. They were so easy to install.

I did do the gas pedal mod thanks to the expert advice from some of the folks on the miata.net site. You know that site don't you Doc? Wonderful bunch of folks. A lot of help and advice on how to take care of your Miata.

So really, the only thing I have purchased for the vehicle that is the least bit cosmetic is the license plate frame that I special ordered off the internet. Can you believe the tacky license plate frames they have in the local auto parts stores? I'm really glad I found that site on the internet.

What's that Doc? How long have I have the car? Why... July,,, August,, Dec,,, I guess about 8 months now.

Hey, and I found some other little stuff - like the Klasse protectant for the rubber seals, new black valve stem covers, and the Dynaplug kit in case of a tire puncture.

Oops and I forgot. I ordered the OEM front mask today to keep the paint from getting dinged up.

Oh Man Doc, That's the biggest needle I think I've ever seen.

Say Doc, What do you know about sway bars? I mean, I don't drive aggressively at all, but it would seem that sway bars could really, , ,

What are you doing Doc?

That needle isn't for me is it?

Wait a minute ! No !! I don't have a problem.... just talk to my wife she.....

YYYYYEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in the same boat. I'm at the point where I am upgrading my upgrades from when I got my truck back in '21. I have OEM parts and the first upgrades sitting in my attic. It's definitely an addiction. My husband said I need to buy a small shed for all of my Bronco crap. Lmao!
My wife calls her's, "The She Shed"

Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Somebody mentioned decorative shackles? I think Bronco-logo tire valve caps is when you've gone off the deep end.
Dontc4re, I notice the shackles on your rig are chipped. Suggestion: Do not replace them! Get some white Rustoleum and a wire brush and refinish them. Nobody will notice or care, and you have taken a step towards accessory sanity.

It's tough to turn a conscious philosophy into a consistent plan of action, but it can and should be done. Consider money: it's a means to an end--the ability to take care of your needs, plus some wants. But people want money for its own sake. Apply that logic to your Bronco.

Your Bronco is a means to an end: to drive a nice rig and go places other people can't, or never will. Think of what you need for your truck to do that. Then separate out what is simply a want. Indulge a few of your wants, but try and think in terms of real function. The Gatorback mudflaps are seriously functional, but what about the exhaust upgrade? The shift knob?

If you're still out of control, consider giving your wife veto authority--seriously. It's called "accountability," and works for other issues, too. But that will call for honesty.

Last thought: Tally up everything you've spent so you have an idea of what you're putting into this. Consider a moratorium, and commit the money you save towards a real off-road trip, maybe to Big Bend NP.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are accessories tempting? Indeed. I believe the modification addiction has more than a couple of different lineages. 1. I've modified every vehicle I've ever driven owner. 2. This is the first vehicle ive owned that was sooo easy to modify owner. 3. All the cool kids are modding thier Broncos owner. 4. One mod leads to another (I want to haul extra fuel; Ratchet strap rotopax to the spare tire --> Ooh, spare tire basket --> Ooh, tailgate reinforcement --> Ooh, swing away bumper for spare and fuel) owner. I'm sure there are more.

Me? im perfectly capable of going down the rabbit hole; I knew I had to be careful, otherwise there'd be more molle panels than Bronco. My real response to getting the Bronco dirty as well as Off Rodeo was this vehicle is soooo much better in the dirt than than where I came from, that I don't need much of anything at all as far as modifications. I really am hoping that a tailgate reinforcement and ratchet strapping some rotopax to the spare tire will get me done.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dontc4re, I notice the shackles on your rig are chipped. Suggestion: Do not replace them! Get some white Rustoleum and a wire brush and refinish them. Nobody will notice or care, and you have taken a step towards accessory sanity
Many of us consider messed up shackles to be preferred vs. looking decorative

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Started small… new Rhino shackles, then got a new Hurst shift knob, then I wanted to just upgrade the sound…so I bought new speakers and a Kicker powered sub. Then I saw on B6g how good 1.5 inch tire spacers look, but didn’t want to have paint chips, so I got Gator back mud flaps, Grab handles, clutch pedal spring, floor mats, , Flowmaster Cat back, back up alarm… and I haven’t even started with the auxiliary switches

Ford Bronco My name is Ed and I am addicted to upgrading & modifying … 1682285040363-

There’s no end to this is there? Sometimes I see sad old 4x4s covered with Amazon junk and I realize I’m on the same road. How do you know when you’ve done enough? Please stop me before I have a flag pole holder in my Trailer hitch (double entendre intended).
Nice Mudflaps.....
Don't fear the mods.
It's more than a feeling.
At least you are enjoying the ride?
Life is short. Bronco has needs.

Last edited:

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I try to control my impulse purchases by adding what I "want" to a list and sitting on it for a few weeks to make sure I've thought it through. Many times items just sit in the list for months, other items get rationalized and purchased within a few days.

For example, I have 3 sets of wheels I want on my list, but to me, the cost to benefit ratio isn't great enough (those Method bead grips though, tempting) whereas I have purchased enough recovery gear to match the cost of a set (to include cost of a winch).
Sponsored