Sponsored

Considering selling my Outerbanks and upgrading to the things I wish I did as part of the build

ohp138

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I own a 2022 OBX - LUX - Advanced 4WD, and added 33" Falken Wildpeaks + the Ford Performance Lift. I ordered it with the upfitter switches from the factory and the tow package. It's my wife's car as I already had a 2018 Chev Colorado ZR2, but my truck is failing as it nears 100K miles, so I ordered a 2024 Wildtrak.

My plan is to trade my truck for the Wildtrak when it arrives and consider trading the OBX for a new Toyota Landcruiser (for my wife). I'm not sure we need two Broncos and I really like the Landcruiser. The Wildtrak gives me everything I need that the OBX didn't have and I put so much money down on the OBX that we should be in pretty good shape on the deal(s).
Sponsored

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In retrospect, in the excitement to get my Bronco (OBX), I wish I would have gone with the modular bumper, aux switches and the Sasquatch package. I donā€™t think I realized how limiting not have the modular bumper would be with tons of aftermarket, bolt on options. Also, the Aux switches is so cheap as part of the build vs. after the fact.

Given the resale value of our Broncos, Iā€™m pretty sure I can get all of these upgrades for nearly no incremental cost with a new build

Has anyone done this?
I did the same thing with my 21 Badlands for a 23 WT. Wanted Sasquatch and a Hardtop, but if your looking for Mod bumper, Sas and Aux switches, I'm sure you can get all on Facebook Marketplace for much cheaper than it would be to re-fi or purchase a new one. There are some great Bluetooth Aux switches available that can be mounted in the car and taken out if you need to access outside the vehicle and people are constantly upgrading their bumpers and sas packages and selling them online. If you can lock in the same rate to finance, go for it. At the end of the day, the heart wants what it wants!

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In retrospect, in the excitement to get my Bronco (OBX), I wish I would have gone with the modular bumper, aux switches and the Sasquatch package. I donā€™t think I realized how limiting not have the modular bumper would be with tons of aftermarket, bolt on options. Also, the Aux switches is so cheap as part of the build vs. after the fact.

Given the resale value of our Broncos, Iā€™m pretty sure I can get all of these upgrades for nearly no incremental cost with a new build

Has anyone done this?
Definitely!!

20230815_070508.jpg

20230815_072400.jpg

20230815_072409.jpg

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My opinion: Life it too short to not have what you want (within reason). If you've got the means and the patience to wait, go for it. Have fun with it. If it's still "meh" then sell it. This is why I got everything I wanted the first time and waited just over a year for it (short compared to a lot).

GO FOR IT!!!

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Sasquatch package (front and rear lockers, upgraded front axle, regearing, Billsteen shocks, rims with the correct off-spacing, 35" tires, Sas flares, advance 4wd (standard on OB?)........would not be cheap. I have never heard of anyone actually doing a true replication of the Sas package on this site.
I intentionally did not buy a Sasquatch, since I knew Iā€™d upgrade all of the SAS parts.

You can add all of the SAS bits if you want used or new after the fact. If you go with the Badlands, recreating Sasquatch is crazy easy and you can surpass the SAS, if you start with a BL, with aftermarket for the same money (Lighter wheels, better tires, better suspension).

My use case:

Iā€™d replace SAS suspension. I went with the Ford Performance Lift Kit, which is a big step up from the HOSS 2.0 system.

I wanted 4.46 gears, not 4.70. 4.70 is a bit too short for me, especially since I knew I'd run 33-34" tires.

I want the Spicer HD FDU. M210 is better than the M190, but still not strong enough for hard wheeling. You see a lot of guys upgrading the bushings, the tube, and CVs. Might as well just go with the Spicer HD unit, but it is pricey...

I wanted a LSD, not rear locker. 99% of my driving is in 2H on the street , or maintained gravel roads. A LSD is a must for me personally.

I did not want the SAS wheels or tires. The wheels are heavy AF and the tires suck. Note, I have SAS beadlocks on my '21 Ranger Tremor, so I am not hating on them, just stating facts.

I did not want the electronic sway bar disconnect. Instead the Anti Rock sway bar. The electronic unit adds weight and complexity.

Aux switches are not tied to SAS. Sadly my OBX does not have them, but you can go with a few nice aftermarket solutions to address this.

I wanted the smaller painted flares, door handles, mirrors, etc. I do not like the cheap plastic looking flares, and I do not like wheel and tire poke.

Badlands gets a M210, which is the biggest money factor trying to replicate a Sasquatch.

In Hindsight, the Badlands, non-SAS, is my favorite trim and would have served me well. I bought my OBX off the lot for MSRP after giving up on my order. Either way I am happy with my OBX.

Last edited:

Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My biggest, most importantest question would be how long do I have to wait for a replacement ? UAW strike could be a factor.

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My only regret is not getting the Advanced Four Wheel and factory tow packages. I keep pricing out the 2024... but my aftermarket towing setup with part time gets me by well enough when I look at that total price.
Realistically I considered keeping mine & swapping the front diff for M210, axles & rack. But even with that I still was +++ vs buying up one with all of that & advanced transfer case. Then resale & insurance also came to mind, considering Insurance Companies are dicks when it comes to aftermarket parts.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I intentionally did not buy a Sasquatch, since I knew Iā€™d upgrade all of the SAS parts.

You can add all of the SAS bits if you want used or new after the fact. If you go with the Badlands, recreating Sasquatch is crazy easy and you can surpass the SAS, if you start with a BL, with aftermarket for the same money (Lighter wheels, better tires, better suspension).

My use case:

Iā€™d replace SAS suspension. I went with the Ford Performance Lift Kit, which is a big step up from the HOSS 2.0 system.

I wanted 4.46 gears, not 4.70. 4.70 is a bit too short for me, especially since I knew I'd run 33-34" tires.

I want the Spicer HD FDU. M210 is better than the M190, but still not strong enough for hard wheeling. You see a lot of guys upgrading the bushings, the tube, and CVs. Might as well just go with the Spicer HD unit, but it is pricey...

I wanted a LSD, not rear locker. 99% of my driving is in 2H on the street , or maintained gravel roads. A LSD is a must for me personally.

I did not want the SAS wheels or tires. The wheels are heavy AF and the tires suck. Note, I have SAS beadlocks on my '21 Ranger Tremor, so I am not hating on them, just stating facts.

I did not want the electronic sway bar disconnect. Instead the Anti Rock sway bar. The electronic unit adds weight and complexity.

Aux switches are not tied to SAS. Sadly my OBX does not have them, but you can go with a few nice aftermarket solutions to address this.

I wanted the smaller painted flares, door handles, mirrors, etc. I do not like the cheap plastic looking flares, and I do not like wheel and tire poke.

Badlands gets a M210, which is the biggest money factor trying to replicate a Sasquatch.

In Hindsight, the Badlands, non-SAS, is my favorite trim and would have served me well. I bought my OBX off the lot for MSRP after giving up on my order. Either way I am happy with my OBX.
I read your build, and applaud your effort, but it seemed like you spent a ton of money to come up short of the SAS package. Even if one hates the tires/wheel, they sell on Marketplace for $1400 over OB wheels/tires....taking that into account with the $5400 sas price, the net total would've only cost you $4k. Instead you spent $10k, still don't have a front locker, voided some of your warranty while getting yourself mildly better shocks, and a LSD.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

F
I read your build, and applaud your effort, but it seemed like you spent a ton of money to come up short of the SAS package. Even if one hates the tires/wheel, they sell on Marketplace for $1400 over OB wheels/tires....taking that into account with the $5400 sas price, the net total would've only cost you $4k. Instead you spent $10k, still don't have a front locker, voided some of your warranty while getting yourself mildly better shocks, and a LSD.
I havenā€™t spent $10k.

A lot of the math and options, areā€¦ options.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
F
I havenā€™t spent $10k.

A lot of the math and options, areā€¦ options.
Apologies, I just went off your thread, perhaps you didn't follow through on some of it.
Items mentioned:
FP lift and alignment $2100
Wheels and tires $3750
FDU W/CSs $2500
Gears and lockers $1800
= $10,150
Sponsored