Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500, Bronco, 600RR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good looking Bronco! Curious if you notice anything from the extra weight up front?

Diller

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 F250, 2012 Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good looking Bronco! Curious if you notice anything from the extra weight up front?
My SAS Badlands dropped 3/4" in the front with exact same bumper/winch setup. Though I installed Diode Dynamics fogs.

20240227_180536.jpg

Searchdawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Supercrew Platinum 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My new ARB summit bumper. With Warn evo 10s winch and Baja design SAE squadron fogs.

Ford Bronco My new ARB summit bumper installed 20240227_180536
Awesome! Looks great. Did you install yourself? My Summit and Warn 10S came in from Northridge and are waiting in my garage for me to find some free time for me to install. Did you have any issues or tips? How difficult was it connecting the ARB turn signals into the factory harness?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Texasliam

Badlands
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome! Looks great. Did you install yourself? My Summit and Warn 10S came in from Northridge and are waiting in my garage for me to find some free time for me to install. Did you have any issues or tips? How difficult was it connecting the ARB turn signals into the factory harness?
With a winch itā€™s too heavy for me. $800 labor charge was worth it.

Searchdawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Supercrew Platinum 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With a winch itā€™s too heavy for me. $800 labor charge was worth it.
Yeah, Iā€™m going to tackle it myself. Bought an inexpensive hydraulic lift table to accomplish the lifting and lining up part. Will save me $500+ to spend on other goodies. šŸ˜‰

Summit981

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman, MINI GP2, MINI Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great! ARB quotes the weight for the bumper, bar and install kit at 172lbs. (Then, thereā€™s the added weight of a winch.) Any thoughts about installing HD shocks/coils up front to firm up the handling?

Baja Designs

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My new ARB summit bumper. With Warn evo 10s winch and Baja design SAE squadron fogs.

IMG_8409.jpeg

Love the XL and SAE lights! Clean build man (y)
Best,

Brahian Herrera | Forum Sales & Support
Email: [email protected] | Phone: (760) 560-2252 Ext 201

LewyOnMars

Wildtrak
First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco WildTrak, FJ Trail Teams
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I don't remember there being much of an issue getting the arb lights working.. but I might be glossing that over because the rest of the install was such a pain in the ass lol.

Like you, I was trying to install it myself. Had a friend help me one day, and my kid help me for like an hour or so another day.. all told it took a bit over two days to get it on right. Issues we ran into were:

1. ARB sent the wrong bolt for the through the frame mount. It was like 15-20cm too short... but we were sure it was us for the first 2 hours lol.. because it'd just barely catch the teeth on the nut... (if we didn't use the washers) anyway finally thought to measure the bolt vs what is said on the sheet and realized that it wasn't long enough. Went to Lowes for a replacement.

2. getting that warn winch in place was a bear because of not being able to reach the bolts/nuts to tighten things down

3. having to take the bumper back off to add the spacers (just add all the spacers at the start and be happy).

4. by the time you're actually mounting it, it's the 170+ lbs for the bumper + like 80 lbs for the winch I think.. so looking at 250 lbs of awkward. nightmare.. and we were just supporting it with a floor jack & rotopax acting as extensions blocks for the jack.... idiots šŸ˜‚

I think if you're in a 23 wildtrak (fox shocks) you'll want to start looking at changing the suspension .. the fox shocks tend to be softer and I noticed that things were thinking about wobbling a little when I was taking turns fast (it didn't wobble.. but I could tell it was thinking about it). Of course I also had rock sliders and a steel rear bumper on it at that point, so that didn't help.

Oh, and consider ordering a extension cable for the front camera (if you have one) and possibly some hose for the front camera washer ... you can get away without either.. but it does make things easier. Just the prep work on the bumper (removing the old one, moving the things to the new one.. freeing up cable length so things will reach, etc) can easily eat a day (if you're clueless like I was).. and the don't be surprised if it takes a full day to get the thing actually mounted after that.
Sponsored