Sponsored

MY PRODUCTION and FIRST IMPRESSION EXPERIENCE [so far, so good] [4/25 build week] [DELIVERED 6/10]

titaboxeo

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco MY PRODUCTION and FIRST IMPRESSION EXPERIENCE [so far, so good] [4/25 build week] [DELIVERED 6/10] image (3)

Long time lurker, never posted because didn't really have anything to add. WELL, now I have something . . . .

DAY 2 order. What was that? JULY 14th, 2020, at 1050. I think. It's been so long ago, I've really forgotten.
I asked dealer to "99" the order and push me to a 2022. I did not want to take delivery of a 2021 model in January of 2022. Or, even, for that matter in December of 2021. Call me old fashioned, but a 2021 delivered in 2022 is still a model-year older.
Anyway, I digress. . . . .

I placed a revised order in OCTOBER, 2021 for a 2022.
I had all the constrained options because that is what I wanted.
Here is the part that becomes interesting. [Let's see if I can get the acronyms correct.]]

OBX, SAS, Eruption Green, Tow Package, MIC, TUBE DOORS, 2.7L engine . . . . and whatever else I wanted.
I was prepared to "99" again and wait for 2023.

MARCH 8, 2022. I received an email from the dealer that a VIN had been assigned. Even the dealer was a bit surprised about the TUBE DOORS being produced.
MARCH 25, 2022. I received the email that my vehicle had been "SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION."

MAY 6, 2022. Window sticker is available.
MAY 12, 2022 Blend Date
MAY 13, 2022. Production date [actual. I think]
MAY 16, 2022 Ford email that vehicle is "ON ITS WAY" with an estimated delivery date of JUNE 12 to JUNE 18.
MAY 17, 2022 Ford email with PHOTO of Bronco moments after exiting the assembly line.

So, MARCH to MAY, the vehicle is hopefully ON ITS WAY!

So, maybe production is speeding up. I am excited to welcome the 22,015th BRONCO to ever be made.
Maybe this will give you hope that your commodity constrained vehicle is nearing production.
Sponsored

bagsBronco22

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco MY PRODUCTION and FIRST IMPRESSION EXPERIENCE [so far, so good] [4/25 build week] [DELIVERED 6/10] image (3)

Long time lurker, never posted because didn't really have anything to add. WELL, now I have something . . . .

DAY 2 order. What was that? JULY 14th, 2020, at 1050. I think. It's been so long ago, I've really forgotten.
I asked dealer to "99" the order and push me to a 2022. I did not want to take delivery of a 2021 model in January of 2022. Or, even, for that matter in December of 2021. Call me old fashioned, but a 2021 delivered in 2022 is still a model-year older.
Anyway, I digress. . . . .

I placed a revised order in OCTOBER, 2021 for a 2022.
I had all the constrained options because that is what I wanted.
Here is the part that becomes interesting. [Let's see if I can get the acronyms correct.]]

OBX, SAS, Eruption Green, Tow Package, MIC, TUBE DOORS, 2.7L engine . . . . and whatever else I wanted.
I was prepared to "99" again and wait for 2023.

MARCH 8, 2022. I received an email from the dealer that a VIN had been assigned. Even the dealer was a bit surprised about the TUBE DOORS being produced.
MARCH 25, 2022. I received the email that my vehicle had been "SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION."

MAY 6, 2022. Window sticker is available.
MAY 12, 2022 Blend Date
MAY 13, 2022. Production date [actual. I think]
MAY 16, 2022 Ford email that vehicle is "ON ITS WAY" with an estimated delivery date of JUNE 12 to JUNE 18.
MAY 17, 2022 Ford email with PHOTO of Bronco moments after exiting the assembly line.

So, MARCH to MAY, the vehicle is hopefully ON ITS WAY!

So, maybe production is speeding up. I am excited to welcome the 22,015th BRONCO to ever be made.
Maybe this will give you hope that your commodity constrained vehicle is nearing production.
you should join the 4/25 build week to join in all of the fun. i am currently waiting for confirmation that it has shipped (build complete with eta of 6/7-13)

OP
OP

titaboxeo

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Beautiful Emerald Green Bronco delivered last Friday. 6/10. For reasons left unexplained, I've driven a LOT of Fords. This is about the most fun drive I can remember. All of the issues that others have mentioned as negatives: [?]
Road noise is about the same as might be expected from any truck. Actually, maybe, less.
MIC wind noise is negligible so far. Of course, I'm likely to try the rubber hose inserted in the gap trick.
Rocks being flung from the front wheels? Not a problem so far but I may get mud flaps anyway.
MPG? Still up in the air.

Did I mention the color is: stunning!

It's been a very long wait. I didn't change any of my options. Got it all. MIC. Towing. Roof rack [which I just removed and that's a story. Not a bad one, just a story.] TUBE DOORS! [which I have not installed. because its 107 [!!!] degrees right now and that just does not sound appealing just yet.]

So far? So good!!!!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So about 3.5 weeks from ship to delivery. I hope this holds true for my order, that would mean a July 20th ish delivery for me.

Sponsored
OP
OP

titaboxeo

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I guess. Tracker "popped" that it was in final preparation and dealership called me the next day to say it had arrived.
re: sound. I probably should note that this is with extra sound deadening.
re: auto start/stop. What? It doesn't seem to be a big deal. in fairness, given the oven we are currently living in with AC blasting at full throttle, I don't think it turns off that often. Or, at least, that I can tell.

OP
OP

titaboxeo

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hard top removal. Front panels are a breeze. One person, less than five minutes. Relatively low weight. Low risk of calamity.
Middle panel. I can tell is a bit trickier. I think one person can do it. Risk of calamity is moderate, mostly because of the size.

OP
OP

titaboxeo

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Removal of factory installed roof rack. First time, it took about an hour. That is, after configuring and cogitating about which bolts needed to be removed and whether whole thing would have to be disassembled.
It was relatively easy. Especially after i "matched" the oddball tool in the toolkit to the triangular shaped bolt under a cover.
All the covers came off and revealed the bolts and/or screws that needed to replaced.
Maybe I'll start a different thread.
One person, less than an hour. Risk of calamity. moderate but on the low side.
Risk of losing bolts: moderately high.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why are bolts at risk of losing on a roof rack?

OP
OP

titaboxeo

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just the number of them and the tendency for bolts and screws to get lost in any sort of activity like this. The bolts for where teh front attaches end up without a home, i.e. they don't attach to the rack itself, so I ended up putting them in the toolkit bag. PLUS, for some reason, four [I think?] of the bolts are different sized. Slightly. so you may put them in the wrong hole. Just a lot of bits and pieces to keep track of.
Oh, and the replacement cover, the little bit that covers the accessory panel above the windshield. . . . despite my care, I did drop and lose one of the nuts. An M6-1 standard nut, but nonetheless requiring a trip to the hardware store.
Sponsored