jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sat in the new wrangler then the ranger. First take away on the wrangler was the interior was super tight/narrow. The front hip and shoulder room was not good and there was no room to bend out your your left elbow when driving. The steering wheel felt very close to the door. Rear leg was adequate. The cross bar was very limiting spatially, so that should be vastly improved with the Bronco.

Then sat in the ranger crew cab. Given the same chassis, the interior dimensions on paper are basically identical, with the Bronco having some dimensions half inch wider. And the total legroom of the bronco is 2” longer on paper. The ranger felt way more spacious width wise than the wrangler. It was a huge sigh of relief. After comparing all the dimensions on paper, sure enough the Bronco has 2” of more front hip room than the wrangler and after sitting in the ranger the roominess was night and day compared to the wrangler. Likely due to the wrangler having a narrower cab sitting in between big fenders. Where bronco is more full width cab. In regards to legroom given the bronco is 2” more total legroom than the ranger, I set the driver seat in my regular position (I’m 6 ft tall and sit in a slightly backwards, lax position). I then moved the seat up 2” and sat behind myself (the equivalent of the bronco, assuming the dimensions on paper are accurate). I fit just fine with my knees half inch from grazing the front seat. So that seemed promising as well. Ford definitely seems to advertise their legroom measurements to favor front legroom, so the rear legroom measurement felt understated for sure for given the amount of room I had in the back with the front seat in my lax driving position.

Tried out the B&O in the ranger. Did NOT disappoint. Nas’ new hit song, Spicy, came on the radio, and I knew it was meant to be lol

Also hunted down an F150 in Magma Red. Similar to Antimatter I think. Very dark metallic and red/maroon highlights in the sun. Black in the shade. Oh. my. God. It was the best color on the lot and looked like a show stopper sitting there waxed in the sun. It doesn’t photograph well so I urge you see one in person if you’re considering AMB. I could only imagine how much I’m going to love a color like that with blue accents instead of maroon...plus the white top...

big takeaway is nothing disappointed and I’m very excited. I couldn’t imagine driving the wrangler for an extended period of time (just based on the cabin size). Whereas the Ranger was perfectly roomy and spacious, so with the bronco being 2” longer, I don’t really have any doubts or reservations on this car being a good fit size wise. Cargo is a different story, but walked away very pleased.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No problem. I highly suggest sitting in a ranger crew cab if you’re concerned about size. It really made the wrangler feel like a weekend vehicle and the ranger being a family hauler. Just remember that the bronco legroom is 2” longer than the ranger.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No problem. I highly suggest sitting in a ranger crew cab if you’re concerned about size. It really made the wrangler feel like a weekend vehicle and the ranger being a family hauler. Just remember that the bronco legroom is 2” longer than the ranger.
So are your saying that the bronco may be a bit better as a family hauler vs the jeep due to this then?

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So are your saying that the bronco may be a bit better as a family hauler vs the jeep due to this then?
100%. The cabin of the bronco seems identical on paper to the ranger but 2” longer. And it’s same chassis so no surprise. The ranger felt very spacious for four occupants compared to the wrangler. It’s mostly due to the difference of width upfront. you have more room to stretch out. I couldn’t even bend out my left elbow when sitting in the wrangler driver seat

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sat in the new wrangler then the ranger. First take away on the wrangler was the interior was super tight/narrow. The front hip and shoulder room was not good and there was no room to bend out your your left elbow when driving. The steering wheel felt very close to the door. Rear leg was adequate. The cross bar was very limiting spatially, so that should be vastly improved with the Bronco.

Then sat in the ranger crew cab. Given the same chassis, the interior dimensions on paper are basically identical, with the Bronco having some dimensions half inch wider. And the total legroom of the bronco is 2” longer on paper. The ranger felt way more spacious width wise than the wrangler. It was a huge sigh of relief. After comparing all the dimensions on paper, sure enough the Bronco has 2” of more front hip room than the wrangler and after sitting in the ranger the roominess was night and day compared to the wrangler. Likely due to the wrangler having a narrower cab sitting in between big fenders. Where bronco is more full width cab. In regards to legroom given the bronco is 2” more total legroom than the ranger, I set the driver seat in my regular position (I’m 6 ft tall and sit in a slightly backwards, lax position). I then moved the seat up 2” and sat behind myself (the equivalent of the bronco, assuming the dimensions on paper are accurate). I fit just fine with my knees half inch from grazing the front seat. So that seemed promising as well. Ford definitely seems to advertise their legroom measurements to favor front legroom, so the rear legroom measurement felt understated for sure for given the amount of room I had in the back with the front seat in my lax driving position.

Tried out the B&O in the ranger. Did NOT disappoint. Nas’ new hit song, Spicy, came on the radio, and I knew it was meant to be lol

Also hunted down an F150 in Magma Red. Similar to Antimatter I think. Very dark metallic and red/maroon highlights in the sun. Black in the shade. Oh. my. God. It was the best color on the lot and looked like a show stopper sitting there waxed in the sun. It doesn’t photograph well so I urge you see one in person if you’re considering AMB. I could only imagine how much I’m going to love a color like that with blue accents instead of maroon...plus the white top...

big takeaway is nothing disappointed and I’m very excited. I couldn’t imagine driving the wrangler for an extended period of time (just based on the cabin size). Whereas the Ranger was perfectly roomy and spacious, so with the bronco being 2” longer, I don’t really have any doubts or reservations on this car being a good fit size wise. Cargo is a different story, but walked away very pleased.
You should have just come to my house. JL, JLU, Ranger, Mustang....I've got all the bases covered. My wife has the JLU and she LOVES driving the ranger. I think she might be a little crazy, but I'm excited about the Bronco!!!

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You should have just come to my house. JL, JLU, Ranger, Mustang....I've got all the bases covered. My wife has the JLU and she LOVES driving the ranger. I think she might be a little crazy, but I'm excited about the Bronco!!!
Do you agree on my comments comparing the space of the cabin in the ranger vs the newer wrangler? (Taking into account bronco will have 2” more legroom than the ranger). You had a lot more seat time than me.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Party at Roger's house. Everybody bring a side dish and a six pack.

Last edited:

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you agree on my comments comparing the space of the cabin in the ranger vs the newer wrangler? (Taking into account bronco will have 2” more legroom than the ranger). You had a lot more seat time than me.
Yeah you are right. I totally agree with your comments. I personally like the jeep boxed in feeling for short drives. It makes me feel like I'm driving a mini tank. The IFS on the ranger for on road is much more forgiving than the solid axle on the Jeep. Most guys are going to like the extra room. I'm only 5'9 so I dont notice the extra room as much but someone taller will appreciate the Ranger. If the Bronco is based on the Ranger design it will be a home run.
Party at Roger's house. Everybody bring and side dish and a six pack.
I used to live in Vegas. We could have been friends!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes seems identical to slightly bigger.

Ranger crew vs 2 and 4 door bronco

78E7A5C4-E5F6-4CF7-85A9-A8A2FFD08F19.png

07F76C5B-4195-4484-BB36-F0C08D79DD2F.png

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here’s the magma red. Likely very similar to metallic AMB, just maroon instead of blue. Looks way better in person as it doesn’t photograph well. Really stood out as a premium quality paint, almost not from the factory.

4EDD2DE7-706C-43FB-B21B-DFCA74A4C45D.jpeg

1E859B8E-5D0B-4900-BBCD-B27A7363672D.jpeg

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Also hunted down an F150 in Magma Red. Similar to Antimatter I think. Very dark metallic and red/maroon highlights in the sun. Black in the shade. Oh. my. God. It was the best color on the lot and looked like a show stopper sitting there waxed in the sun. It doesn’t photograph well
Wow....the photos above really don't seem to catch the sun...so you're probably right about seeing them in person. Here's a comparison from Ford's colorizer:
Ford Bronco My Real World Feedback Comparing Interior Size of Wrangler vs Bronco (Based on Similar Ranger Cabin) 1599344376155

Ford Bronco My Real World Feedback Comparing Interior Size of Wrangler vs Bronco (Based on Similar Ranger Cabin) 1599344398166

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think I'm going to have to go take a Ranger out again. I haven't test drove one since they first hit the dealer lots back in January 19. I want to revisit the interior and the 2.3.
Sponsored