First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I’ve got the MTI tailgate sub enclosure installed as well and it doesn’t really take up any additional space. It sticks out about the same amount as the tailgate latch bump. I talked to a couple of installers and they all suggested this route vs the JL stealth or any other sub in the OEM enclosure. I’m using the space from the original sub to house the amps and other wiring.
@Bob LaBlah - what amp did you go with for the MTI ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bob LaBlah

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I’ve got the JL JD500/1 for the sub (running the JL 12WT3) and the JL VX800/8I running the rest of the speakers. For the fronts, I’m running active three way Focal Flax and the MTI pods for the Focal Flax 6.5 2 ways in the rear.
MTI did the tune as well.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m running a Helix V Eight amp with 2 channels running 1 DVC Fosgate P3 shallow 10 in a 1.125 ft3 ported box. Kicks ass.

Custom shallow box in the works for tailgate. Not the stuff you see out there now. For when I need max cargo room. And a fiberglass footwell box with 8in for max mid bass up front. Not that I need it, but it’s just fun.

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve got the JL JD500/1 for the sub (running the JL 12WT3) and the JL VX800/8I running the rest of the speakers. For the fronts, I’m running active three way Focal Flax and the MTI pods for the Focal Flax 6.5 2 ways in the rear.
MTI did the tune as well.
I have the 3-way Focal Flax EVO's as well, plus Flax EVO coaxial 2-ways in the rear, but using AudioControl amplifiers. I understand their DSP software much better than JL's.

Phenomenal speakers...

JL Stealthbox for the low-end.
Sponsored