Sponsored

Subwoofer Rattle? I think I gotter licked.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tried the towel thing, I stuffed the entire compartment with as many towels as I could fit in there but it didn’t really seem to help my problem at all. The kilmat on the other hand solved 99% of it thankfully
Interesting! Perhaps you couldn't get enough tension on the fasteners... Thats really all the towel trick does - takes up the slack so they stop rattling. Years later and I'ts still working great.
Sponsored

drmdwebb

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4-door Wildtrak in Hot Pepper Red
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I of course have the same issues in my new '23 Wildtrak with B&O. I did trace one rattle to the plastic pieces as per the OP. That one is solvable as many have shown. There are others. One was near the taillight outside the vehicle.

I called an audio shop and asked how much they might charge to do the work for me. They said 4-5 hours + materials which totaled near $1000. Srsly??? Another shop quoted a rough estimate of a couple hundred $.

Those who have done it and traced down all the rattles--can you state:

1. How long did it take you?
2. How many panels did you remove? Both sides or just the side near the subwoofer?
3. How much klymat/hushmat/whatever did you use?
4. Gotchas? Problems?

I realize some of the answers to these questions are in this thread (which I have read), but it would a nice summary for people to put it concisely in one place.

Thanks in advance.