First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For those who have mounted a sub on the tailgate, any pointers on getting rid of vibration? I’ve got a pretty nasty rattle going on at higher volumes and it’s getting worse. I have a layer of dynamat between the sub and the tailgate and it’s well secured. Best I can tell is the rattle is coming from the trim pieces. Any thoughts on how I can kill the rattle? Please talk to me like I’ve got the skill set of a 5-year old. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I will be watching this thread as I am about to do the exact same thing. The only rattle I currently have with the stock B&O config is my IAG lifts for the soft top in the rear. I read somewhere that covering the tube with heavy shrink tubing will stop that (haven't tried it yet but will soon)

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What box are you using to mount to your tailgate ?

OP
OP

JDHNRV

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I mounted an Infinity powered sub to the tailgate. Backed it with Dynamat and still get rattling from the plastic trim piece where the wires come in from the back and the handle on the outside of the tailgate.

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
For those who have mounted a sub on the tailgate, any pointers on getting rid of vibration? I’ve got a pretty nasty rattle going on at higher volumes and it’s getting worse. I have a layer of dynamat between the sub and the tailgate and it’s well secured. Best I can tell is the rattle is coming from the trim pieces. Any thoughts on how I can kill the rattle? Please talk to me like I’ve got the skill set of a 5-year old. Thanks in advance!
Isn't the rattle the whole point?
Sponsored