Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I really want/need the roof rails and crossbars... But I'm wary of the crap, 110Lbs dynamic load rating...
Do I spring for Ford's rails or wait to see if the aftermarket comes up with a better solution?
I haven't heard of any developments in this area. I have basically 1 week left to decide 🤷🏻
Sponsored

tongsun3717

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really want/need the roof rails and crossbars... But I'm wary of the crap, 110Lbs dynamic load rating...
Do I spring for Ford's rails or wait to see if the aftermarket comes up with a better solution?
I haven't heard of any developments in this area. I have basically 1 week left to decide 🤷🏻
Before the roof rails, how strong is the plastic roof for load bearing? And the windshield?

Sponsored
OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Before the roof rails, how strong is the plastic roof for load bearing? And the windshield?
400Lbs static load on the rails/roof...
Is the dynamic rating strictly a road roll-over or trail tip over concern or a legitimate breaking limit in say, emergency braking?
My Escape has a 100Lbs limit on the roof, and a 50Lbs limit with the pano roof. The pano roof doesn't weaken the roof structure, but it most definitely adds more weight up high!

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
The fact that Ford wouldn't allow Squatched 4 doors with 2.7's to have roof racks (?) tells me it isn't a structural load issue but a highway safety issue.
Maybe I'm fine with the factory rails loaded up 200Lbs and just take responsibility for my own actions 🤷🏻
Lol

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My Escape has a 100Lbs limit on the roof, and a 50Lbs limit with the pano roof. The pano roof doesn't weaken the roof structure, but it most definitely adds more weight up high!
Why would you assume replacing most of the sheet metal wouldn't weaken the roof structure?

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Why would you assume replacing most of the sheet metal wouldn't weaken the roof structure?
Roll-over safety tests for one...
And "most" of the sheet metal... The skin part of the sheet metal, yes.... Not structural formed steel 👍🏻
Sponsored

Last edited: