AMS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB 4 DR / 22 F150 / 23 OBX 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If I had gotten my Bronco in 54 days I wouldn't care.

Add 900 to that and I care a lot more.
That’s a hell of a long time and I’m sorry to all who are still waiting. I was very much expecting to wait for this one, as I did for the one I have now. Not sure how / why it was scheduled so quickly, maybe because my add-ons were minimal? No idea. But when someone who ordered theirs the same day I ordered mine doesn’t have to pay for leather, but I do- that just isn’t cool.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That’s a hell of a long time and I’m sorry to all who are still waiting. I was very much expecting to wait for this one, as I did for the one I have now. Not sure how / why it was scheduled so quickly, maybe because my add-ons were minimal? No idea. But when someone who ordered theirs the same day I ordered mine doesn’t have to pay for leather, but I do- that just isn’t cool.
Sometimes timing is just timing, not a greater plot against our individual liberties or a coordinated attack.

How many MY22 folks who changed their orders to get built had the $2,500 discount retroactively applied?

How many folks missed price protection?

At some point things need to be time stamped and there are always small populations which get the advantage/disadvantage. Just how the cookie crumbles.

Maybe look to the bright side that this is rig #2 and you got the first one on a great deal and have been enjoying it?

2PuttBogey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m a 3/27 order who is still unscheduled on A Plan. Hopefully my OBX will simply have the charge for leather dropped off of the A Plan price on the actual invoice.

OP
OP
BurtMacklin

BurtMacklin

Outer Banks
First Name
AMS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m a 3/27 order who is still unscheduled on A Plan. Hopefully my OBX will simply have the charge for leather dropped off of the A Plan price on the actual invoice.
I hope so! Fingers crossed for you.

jdbabb4247

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A- I have one. Great vehicle, but not “the one”.
B- I want the OBX, and I truly prefer the leather. The only thing I didn’t love was the additional cost, but I added it because it was the only way to get an OBX. My gripe is that if leather is standard now, why should those of us who ordered in March have to pay 2k more? Aka- why does Ford suck so bad?
I was pissed because I waited 21 months for my OBX, but at least I got what I ordered. WTH Ford???

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just sat down with my dealer to go over trade options, and he was running some numbers; tells me that the price of my OBX is $47,350 - I said wait, my window sticker is over $49k. He prints something off and compares it with my original order, and the difference is the leather, his printout has $0 across from seating choice. So he starts bringing up all the different memos / whatever they get from Ford- and for MY23, leather is now the standard option for the OBX, not a $2k addition. The only reason I ordered leather is because they said we couldn’t get the cloth seats anymore. My husband asks what the price is going to be, and he says “whatever is on the window sticker is the price”

So, did those of us who ordered leather because we had to just screw ourselves out of $2k? Why on earth should I have to pay $49k for something that Ford is selling for $47k now? If the changes happened a year ago, maybe I would understand. But I ordered this Bronco 54 days ago…

I try not to let things get to me when it comes to the inevitable drama in Bronco world- but I’ll be honest- this pisses me off.
You should get a credit if it's now included.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just sat down with my dealer to go over trade options, and he was running some numbers; tells me that the price of my OBX is $47,350 - I said wait, my window sticker is over $49k. He prints something off and compares it with my original order, and the difference is the leather, his printout has $0 across from seating choice. So he starts bringing up all the different memos / whatever they get from Ford- and for MY23, leather is now the standard option for the OBX, not a $2k addition. The only reason I ordered leather is because they said we couldn’t get the cloth seats anymore. My husband asks what the price is going to be, and he says “whatever is on the window sticker is the price”

So, did those of us who ordered leather because we had to just screw ourselves out of $2k? Why on earth should I have to pay $49k for something that Ford is selling for $47k now? If the changes happened a year ago, maybe I would understand. But I ordered this Bronco 54 days ago…

I try not to let things get to me when it comes to the inevitable drama in Bronco world- but I’ll be honest- this pisses me off.
Thats very cool, good for you to get this small blessing. And you have an honest dealer! I paid $2,100 for my leather in 2021, and I got it partly because I wanted the infinitely adjustable leather seats. The roast/onyx has worn well. My total price was $51,500, but that included High, Rear Locker with 4.27 axles & the Advanced Transfer Case. Love what I chose. The gifting (N/C) of the leather to you is reminiscent of Ford doing a N/C on the Hardtop sound insulation when our MIC tops were held up. I hope you enjoy your OBX when it arrives, I've certainly enjoyed mine . . . 34,000 miles and lots of beach driving!

20230517_134735.jpg

OP
OP
BurtMacklin

BurtMacklin

Outer Banks
First Name
AMS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thats very cool, good for you to get this small blessing. And you have an honest dealer! I paid $2,100 for my leather in 2021, and I got it partly because I wanted the infinitely adjustable leather seats. The roast/onyx has worn well. My total price was $51,500, but that included High, Rear Locker with 4.27 axles & the Advanced Transfer Case. Love what I chose. The gifting (N/C) of the leather to you is reminiscent of Ford doing a N/C on the Hardtop sound insulation when our MIC tops were held up. I hope you enjoy your OBX when it arrives, I've certainly enjoyed mine . . . 34,000 miles and lots of beach driving!

Ford Bronco MY23 OBX Leather “No Charge”? 20230517_134735
Love this. I can't do a whole lot of beach driving in Upstate NY :) but I am definitely looking forward to my OBX. Whether my dealer decides to remove the leather charge is yet to be seen, Ford customer service told me that even though the black / roast is now standard- it will be up to my dealer to adjust the price. I am hoping he does. I have absolutely no problem paying for extras, I just don't want to pay for something that other OBX buyers are getting for "free".
Keep enjoying that beautiful Bronco!

OP
OP
BurtMacklin

BurtMacklin

Outer Banks
First Name
AMS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just got a call from my dealer - you guys are correct. He said now that leather is "no charge", the base price has increased- so if I sat down and ordered the same build today that I did in March, it would be 51k as opposed to 49k (my agreed upon amount). I told him that the 47k price he gave me on Saturday really threw me off, he said it just happened to fall right between when the leather charge was removed, but before the base price was increased in the system. He was very apologetic, but I understand it was a fluke and not his fault. As long as I am not overpaying, I am fine with it! Now I can chill out and wait for my green machine to arrive 👽

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Correct me if I'm wrong. Sounds like they are not charging extra for leather because it is now standard but upped the vehicle price so cost wise it's a wash for consumers?

Wouldn't be shocked if this is the route Ford is taken to gain back that money

Just got a call from my dealer - you guys are correct. He said now that leather is "no charge", the base price has increased- so if I sat down and ordered the same build today that I did in March, it would be 51k as opposed to 49k (my agreed upon amount). I told him that the 47k price he gave me on Saturday really threw me off, he said it just happened to fall right between when the leather charge was removed, but before the base price was increased in the system. He was very apologetic, but I understand it was a fluke and not his fault. As long as I am not overpaying, I am fine with it! Now I can chill out and wait for my green machine to arrive 👽

Sponsored
OP
OP
BurtMacklin

BurtMacklin

Outer Banks
First Name
AMS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Correct me if I'm wrong. Sounds like they are not charging extra for leather because it is now standard but upped the vehicle price so cost wise it's a wash for consumers?

Wouldn't be shocked if this is the route Ford is taken to gain back that money
You are absolutely right. I just had a weird thing happen on Saturday when my dealer pulled a price sheet that was 2k less than my original order. He clarified this morning that it was purely bad timing.

KitsBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered leather on a OBX on March 27. Got my window sticker about 5 days ago as I will be in production soon and I saw it was roughly $2000ish less. I'm annoyed and immediately think my dealer screwed something up and forgot to add an option I asked for. So I scan through the window sticker trying to find out what my sales rep left out and I can't find anything missing. Then my eyes go to the leather seats option and sees "NO CHARGE" . I'm relieved that my order is all there, but also still confused why they aren't billing me for that option.

Sure I enjoy having to spend $2000 less, but I also hope my dealer doesn't try to pull a fast one and add the $2000 as dealer markup with some excuse (oh this is the price you agreed to pay, so lets add this $2000 and pocket the money for ourselves). I plan to buy a sas OBX next year and if they try to pull this nonsense then I will not be buying from them and will spread the word to avoid this dealer.
Let me know once you chat with your dealer! I’m in the same boat and am worried they will just charge be what the DORA says, although I never did sign that. They say they don’t charge ADM so interested to see if they’ll go by the window sticker.

FloridaBroncoPipeDream

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Let me know once you chat with your dealer! I’m in the same boat and am worried they will just charge be what the DORA says, although I never did sign that. They say they don’t charge ADM so interested to see if they’ll go by the window sticker.
Before 2020 in any dealer, you could play hardball and walk out and they would be crying for you to come back. But post 2020, you have to kiss the dealer's ring for them to treat you fairly.

It's sad. But if I tried walking out on them pulling this stunt, they would probably be relieved because they could have another Bronco on the lot to add a $10,000 ADM to it.

buckeye837

Outer Banks
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any update on anyone's conversations with the dealer?

I'm in the same boat and my salesman (who's even a family friend) is being very hazy over text but kind of sounds like they won't honor the deceased sticker price compared to the DORA. I haven't pushed it too much yet though cause I figure it could still change anyways or I might figure out more in the meantime before delivery in the next few weeks.