Sponsored

MY23 What New Things do you guys see Coming ? ? ? ?

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Once current orders are filled, two things will happen: Price increases and changes in how orders & how many orders are taken to only "X" many orders released at a time, while the rest of production is simple builds with no options just to keep the line running while giving dealers stock to sell off the lots... After they build, option them and ADM.

Let's say Ford catches up with 90% of their reservations, or 100% even, then I bet they only take a few months, up to six months(?) of orders (of expected/available commodities) and the rest will be just stock units for dealer lots and walk-ins.

Orders will have to be made with and negotiated with a dealer that have orders/allocations of orders to sell. We'll see how that goes? If demand for custom builds (like all of us have) continues to out pace supply, will waiting for an ordered Bronco save one from ADM?

Or... will some dealer say a top of the line custom BL or WT or BD even cost more since you can only get if you pre-order; almost all dealer stock on the lots would be lower trim with little or no options.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ding, ding ding. I think you're right. But change to "21 & 22..."

Constraints and lack of options. I think 22 was the golden year for a loaded bronco. Or a how I exactly wanted it bronco, for the lucky ones. I know I was lucky enough to get my dream bronco.
Writing my above post, before seeing yours but I agree; those that got their Bronco or will still get a Bronco as ordered are possibly better off than an off the lot in 23/24 purchase. More value and "have it your way" for us res holders... if we get our builds as promised.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Once current orders are filled, two things will happen: Price increases and changes in how orders & how many orders are taken to only "X" many orders released at a time, while the rest of production is simple builds with no options just to keep the line running while giving dealers stock to sell off the lots... After they build, option them and ADM.

Let's say Ford catches up with 90% of their reservations, or 100% even, then I bet they only take a few months, up to six months(?) of orders (of expected/available commodities) and the rest will be just stock units for dealer lots and walk-ins.

Orders will have to be made with and negotiated with a dealer that have orders/allocations of orders to sell. We'll see how that goes? If demand for custom builds (like all of us have) continues to out pace supply, will waiting for an ordered Bronco save one from ADM?
Ford wants to go to a model where 80% or more of all sales are orders. They would love to do 100% like Tesla, but they know they can never get there.

They also know that for a "build to order" model to be successful, they need to be able to build and deliver in a reasonable time frame. That's probably about 8 weeks, realistically.

Right now you can go into any Ford dealer, and order any car and have it in 7-8 weeks, as long as it's not a Bronco, Lightning, Maverick, or Mach-E.

Allocations are normally only a thing for Ford Performance Products (Raptor, GT350 etc.) where Ford intentionally plans to build a small quantity. Allocations for a mass-market vehicle is actually a major departure from standard operations. Once Ford actually catches up, allocations go by the wayside.

I also suspect that Ford is simply going to kick the can down the road on dealing with Dealers and surprise ADM. Dealers will have a lot less leverage over folks who have waited 7 weeks for their car instead of 2 or more years. So rather than actually fixing the problem, they are hoping it solves itself.

CWL

Badlands
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2018 F150, 2022 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford wants to go to a model where 80% or more of all sales are orders. They would love to do 100% like Tesla, but they know they can never get there.

They also know that for a "build to order" model to be successful, they need to be able to build and deliver in a reasonable time frame. That's probably about 8 weeks, realistically.

Right now you can go into any Ford dealer, and order any car and have it in 7-8 weeks, as long as it's not a Bronco, Lightning, Maverick, or Mach-E.

Allocations are normally only a thing for Ford Performance Products (Raptor, GT350 etc.) where Ford intentionally plans to build a small quantity. Allocations for a mass-market vehicle is actually a major departure from standard operations. Once Ford actually catches up, allocations go by the wayside.

I also suspect that Ford is simply going to kick the can down the road on dealing with Dealers and surprise ADM. Dealers will have a lot less leverage over folks who have waited 7 weeks for their car instead of 2 or more years. So rather than actually fixing the problem, they are hoping it solves itself.
Explorer ST, Super Duty's and more are also very long waits. It's not just EV's and the Bronco really.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Explorer ST, Super Duty's and more are also very long waits. It's not just EV's and the Bronco really.
My Dad just got an Explorer ST in 7 weeks. Half of that was on the stupid rail transit.

Bastard even got Rapid Red.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What new things do you see being offer or changes? We know the Painted Tops and Mod Top should be here.

HOSS 3.0 Badlands?

Raptor Screen?

What do you guys think?
None of the above.

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Allocations have existed for a very long time and will continue to do so. They are for pretty much every vehicle. Literally all the stuff that is happening on the Bronco is happening under the same systems and processes that Ford used 20 years ago. Same priority codes, allocation process, scheduling process (even still runs on Thursdays).

Hereā€™s a post from 2003 with a lot of details, lots of the same issues nearly 20 years later too. This refers to commodities, constraints, and all of the other headaches of the Bronco process.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/2...rks-priority-codes-allocation-scheduling.html

1. Order types

There are 3 basic order types, Stock, Retail, Fleet. There are others, but I'm not going to just use these 3. AXZD plan will fall under Retail in my description. The other types are Dealer Demo, drivers ed loan out and lease renewal order. Again I'm going to just use the 3 as the others basicly fall under those 3 also.

Stock- Unsold orders for dealer inventory. Order type 2

Retail- Sold orders, have a customer name assigned to them in the system. These also have price protection in case of an increase. Stock units don't. Its an order type 1 in the system (or A, X, K for the weird order types)

3. Allocation- Now that we've got orders in the bank they have to be Scheduled, oh getting ahead of my self, I better list some terms that apply to order status. These are on the dealer printouts so if you see these you'll know what they mean.

Matl HOLD - unit can't schedule something is not availble. for example, my Harley F-250 is in this status as production doesn't start until 11/3/03

unschd/clean- unit isn't scheduled (no VIN, no date, no guarantee to build), but is a buildable order once allocation and comodities allow.

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. Add F-150, F-250 and F-350. I looked into all these and the wait was several months or pay hefty ADM on incoming stock orders.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My post above is until supply on dealer's lots catches up with demand. Ford MAY WANT TO switch to orders, but they will stay with allocations and dealers as long as it takes.

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You're 100% correct on the "build to order", but that's not happening over night or any time soon. Six months from now Ford will be still dealing with high demand and constrained commodities, adding parts/options to a build is pure profit for Ford and orders "adds parts", look at all of our orders; yes they want that!

Enis

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really hope they fix the hardtop noise. Went on vacation with my kids this summer almost 7000km and i could only talk with passengers in the front seat and even then i had to turn down the radio. Maybe im in the minority with such bad noise. 2 door wildtrak is what i drive and i understand more noise is going to happen, Iā€™ve owned 5 jeeps in the past and none are like this.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We drove 6800 last year and I wear hearing aids in a JLU with a skytop and at 75-80
It was hard on any of the three of us to communicate and we never had the radio on.

Iā€™m not sure what can be done

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford should lean into the chip shortage and offer a truly base Bronco.

Manual windows and locks, all analog gauges, no screens, and no goat modes (keep the lockers and other offroad specks just don't apply the optional software presets.)

They actually did it not so long ago with the Mustang SVT R. They gutted that for weight. I don't even think they put AC in it (I wouldn't go thaaaaatttt far with the bronco.)
Sponsored