Sponsored

Narrow bronco with no fender flares and tires tucked under body?

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Has anyone photoshopped what a 2 door bronco without fender flares and with tires tucked under the bodywork? Maybe this would be what the bronco sport should have been.

Jason
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you try moving the outer edge of the tire inboard any further, you'll need to run the wheels inverted.... like the inner rear wheel on a dually.
The lugs will actually stick out further than any other part of the wheel.
Ford Bronco Narrow bronco with no fender flares and tires tucked under body? 1681016666355

OP
OP

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you try moving the outer edge of the tire inboard any further, you'll need to run the wheels inverted.... like the inner rear wheel on a dually.
The lugs will actually stick out further than any other part of the wheel.
Ford Bronco Narrow bronco with no fender flares and tires tucked under body? 1681016666355
Yeah, I figure that doing it would require reworking the suspension, axles, and more. But doing it in photoshop would not.
Jason

OP
OP

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I saw a picture here of a bronco without fender flares and it looked great. The wheels sticking out beyond the body did not look great.
Jason

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I haven't seen any pics to that effect, most people are into the wider wheelbase with or without bigger fenders look so I doubt you'll find much.

You have a little room for backspacing changes to narrow the track somewhat without lug nuts sticking out, maybe an inch or two, but you have to be careful not to rub suspension components with the tire in the process. A narrower tire/wheel combo would help with that. There does appear to be some room to relocate the a-arm mounts inward about 2-3". Keep the stock a-arms and you'd have your narrower wheelbase....but then you'd have to trim down the axleshafts and tie rods to match. Rear axle would be somewhat easier, as the housing could be trimmed down and shafts bought to whatever length you want, but the lower arms and shock might not be at the optimal angle when you push them a few inches inboard.

Have you looked at the ADV 2" flare fenders? A stock width Bronco looks pretty slick with them, and with a narrower tire and more backspacing I think you could get the tire completely underneath the flare for that tucked look. Seems like that's the kind of design Ford should've gone with...the flares seem like a design afterthought to be honest, and flare delete kits don't make the quarter panels look any better.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Smoke another one

OP
OP

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I haven't seen any pics to that effect, most people are into the wider wheelbase with or without bigger fenders look so I doubt you'll find much.

You have a little room for backspacing changes to narrow the track somewhat without lug nuts sticking out, maybe an inch or two, but you have to be careful not to rub suspension components with the tire in the process. A narrower tire/wheel combo would help with that. There does appear to be some room to relocate the a-arm mounts inward about 2-3". Keep the stock a-arms and you'd have your narrower wheelbase....but then you'd have to trim down the axleshafts and tie rods to match. Rear axle would be somewhat easier, as the housing could be trimmed down and shafts bought to whatever length you want, but the lower arms and shock might not be at the optimal angle when you push them a few inches inboard.

Have you looked at the ADV 2" flare fenders? A stock width Bronco looks pretty slick with them, and with a narrower tire and more backspacing I think you could get the tire completely underneath the flare for that tucked look. Seems like that's the kind of design Ford should've gone with...the flares seem like a design afterthought to be honest, and flare delete kits don't make the quarter panels look any better.
I wouldn’t do this to a regular bronco. It would have to be a factory model for me. I think It would look good.
Jason

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone photoshopped what a 2 door bronco without fender flares and with tires tucked under the bodywork? Maybe this would be what the bronco sport should have been.

Jason
Ford Bronco Narrow bronco with no fender flares and tires tucked under body? C4038B9C-2B82-41EC-B6AC-182A693C37D7
Sponsored