Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello all,

I made the poor decision and tried to install these brackets that goes behind the tailgate hinge, but ended up not liking it. When I first did this, I also made the mistake and left the tire on, but stuffed the gap between the tailgate and bumper with rags to prevent movement. I can’t tell if the tailgate is bent and I’m SOL or if this something that’s still fixable. When I installed it I torqued the bolts back to spec ( I believe it was 24 ft lb but don’t quote me on that) and I’m trying to figure out a way to get the tailgate back to the way it was where you can’t see the mismatched paint that wasn’t apparent before… the lower hinge has a bit of that same mismatched color showing but it’s not as noticeable as the top hinge and slightly visible on the left bolts. Any kind of tips and tricks would be appreciated to get it fixed, it’s driving me nuts!

Ford Bronco Need help fixing shifted tailgate IMG_4438
Ford Bronco Need help fixing shifted tailgate IMG_4439
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You just have to loosen the bolts and adjust the tailgate until it all lines up properly. Take the tire off, the gate doesn't weigh very much without it. Eyeball the body lines and open and close the gate to make sure it swings and latches freely. Looks like it's a little high on the passenger side right now.