Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What size you need? I was suggesting if you swapped all 5 for those.
Stock, 315 70 17
There website says they only go up to 295

OP
OP
Tor148

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tor148

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another vote for BFGs. Love KO2s and they sound like a great fit for the driving you will be doing. Great on road and definitely no slouch offroad either. Might consider the KM3s if you were planning more muddy offroad adventures, otherwise I'd stick with the KO2s and you won't be disappointed.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a character witness too. @Merc4x4 can you provide an unbiased review ?
I have the Cooper ST Maxx LT275/70R18 E,
I've driven multiple 600-700 mile trips to both NC and Kentucky. I've driven the trails at Rausch Creek and AOAA off-road parks, the trans-NH-trail, George Washington National Forest in the winter, and many class IV roads in VT. To say I don't drive every day is an understatement. The truck can stay parked in the garage for months on end. I walk and use public transportation daily.

I stayed away from BFG MT's because my friends with JKUR's on 35's said they were horrible in the rain on the road. They switched to BFG AT's.
I'm not a fan of BFG AT's looks and everybody runs them (because they are really good).
I wanted something more aggressive than the BFG AT's with strong sidewalls. The g-wagen has a curb weight of 5622, quite a bit more than a JKUR.
I stayed away from the GY MTR w/ kevlar because they have a reputation for being hard to balance.
I was looking at the Nitto Ridge Grapplers, but they weren't available.
I came across the Coopers and their marketing points out better wet performance with their silica compound and a reinforced sidewall. Also, made in America.

I've had no issue with wet performance on the highway. No hydroplaning. No problem staying with traffic. I had the opportunity to drive through light snow, also didn't have any issues. I've driven across jagged rock beds, mud, rocks, trees, etc. Been happy with the traction off road. No punctures, slices, or slow leaks. The shop (OK4WD) said no issues balancing when I asked.

I've driven across ice once on a cliff road in GWNF. Horrible. About what I was expecting. Tires need more sipes for that.
Sidewalls are strong. At 22psi I get ok flex on the sidewall. I should probably go 18 or less, but I'm wary of popping a bead.
They tend to pull the truck to the right on pavement. Other owners have experienced the same.

I would 100% buy them again, except Cooper recently introduced 2 new tires which I think will be even better. The Cooper Rugged Trek and the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT. If I were to buy tires today, it would be the Baja Boss AT's.

Ford Bronco Need help selecting new tires 1629698263562

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@EvlNvrDys what'd you pay him to say this. Lol
I didn't have to pay him, he drives a G Wagen (;)) he can afford those tires :ROFLMAO: and oddly enough, has good taste in tires... Who woulda thunk? 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not concerned about road noise?

These are the only actual good offroad tires. Everything else is as slick as a semi-truck tire by comparison.

With the Broncos abilities you will likely never get stuck. And if you ever do it will be soooo glorious. Bonus it sounds like a bi-plane when you are driving. If you rotate and flip em religiously you will easily get 3/4 the tread life out of em compared to any M/T.

Its worth it, try it and if you just cant live with it they hold their value.
Interco, because fuck you, that's why.

The first Bronco in my life was a 1978 with a 427/C6 swapped in, the kid that had it ran Thornbirds(?) On every 4x4 with a lift. Bouncy, porpouising 40s and 44s. Not my scene, not judging, a bit rapey.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My only 'concern' with new tires is load rating. I love the sidewall durability of the higher load ratings, but that stiffer sidewall comes at a ride penalty unless you modify the running pressure (vs factory setting).
When I put oversized Cooper AT3's on my Porsche Cayenne, the max tire pressure was much lower than the stock 21's (?) very low profile summer sport tires. This made the Cayenne always show the low tire pressure warning. Very annoying.
With the LT ST Maxx on the g-wagen, I run just enough pressure to not have the warning light on without rattling my teeth. I can run lower and still be within the tire weight specs per psi.
So, back to my 'concern'. The Bronco is lighter than the g-wagen, but at 5600lbs it's closer to an F150 Raptor than a modified Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. I still want a strong tire, but I don't want to kill the ride or deal with the TPMS warning light on all the time. The Bronco is heavier than the Wrangler and I think my (almost) loaded Badlands w/ Sasquatch will be 5000-5200 lbs.

Baja Boss AT has 2 sizes that will fit. I will probably go with the D rated 35x12.5. My thought is the sidewall will flex more for better traction (vs the metric E size) and the D rating will be plenty strong for the lighter Bronco.
3PMS rating should apply to both; MT says all sizes 12.5 (315) and narrower.
Sasquatch wheel is only 8.5" width, so a little narrow vs the recommendation. I guess this could be a concern with popping a bead running very low tire pressure. I'd still take a durable tire at a few more psi over that weak-walled GY OEM.

Ford Bronco Need help selecting new tires 1629727475290

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would 100% buy them again, except Cooper recently introduced 2 new tires which I think will be even better. The Cooper Rugged Trek and the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT. If I were to buy tires today, it would be the Baja Boss AT's.
Glad to hear you mention the Cooper Rugged Trek. Came across those doing my research. Never owned Coopers before, but like the look and and price compared to others. May go that direction. Also carry 55k warranty.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad to hear you mention the Cooper Rugged Trek. Came across those doing my research. Never owned Coopers before, but like the look and and price compared to others. May go that direction. Also carry 55k warranty.
Cooper makes the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT. Both the RT and Baja Boss were released at the same time. They should have similar technology and the tread design shows they are cousins.
I too liked the look of the Rugged Trek more than the Baja Boss, but I liked the 3PMS winter rating and the more aggressive sidewalls of the Baja Boss.
After looking at a lot of pics and videos, I think the Baja Boss will have enough of that mud-terrain tire look I prefer. Add in the winter rating (although I bet the Rugged Trek would pass 3PMS tests) and 'better' sidewall lugs, for me the scale tips to the Baja Boss.
It's tough choice because I loved my Cooper AT3's and ST Maxx a lot. I want the look of the STT Pro with better wet performance, and these 2 new tires seem to be that.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Cooper makes the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT. Both the RT and Baja Boss were released at the same time. They should have similar technology and the tread design shows they are cousins.
I too liked the look of the Rugged Trek more than the Baja Boss, but I liked the 3PMS winter rating and the more aggressive sidewalls of the Baja Boss.
After looking at a lot of pics and videos, I think the Baja Boss will have enough of that mud-terrain tire look I prefer. Add in the winter rating (although I bet the Rugged Trek would pass 3PMS tests) and 'better' sidewall lugs, for me the scale tips to the Baja Boss.
It's tough choice because I loved my Cooper AT3's and ST Maxx a lot. I want the look of the STT Pro with better wet performance, and these 2 new tires seem to be that.

Thanks for the info! Appreciate it!
Sponsored